ROM Hack Binding of isaac Afterbirth Plus save transfer PC to Switch Tutorial

alexblod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It might work but then again they mightve made current saves incompatible with an older game. If he wants to try and make a backup of his save and doing so maybe it could work.
Maybe someone has a completed save lying around that will work?

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone has a completed save lying around that will work?
I believe I had one uploaded at one point to filetemp of a 1000000% complete file but I have no idea whether filetemp is still around I'll check.

So filetemp-turned filetrip was shutdown at somepoint taking that file with it. Imma check my switch and pray that it's the same one I used all those years ago.

So I backedup a save from my switch which i believe is the binding of isaac save with all the stuff completed but no guarantee there. i used Edizon to make the backup so to restore the save you may have to use it as well. let me know if the link works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aTSAVMMePAp4OxsNHahoDf0h6VJgUigG?usp=sharing

Last edited by jahrs,

alexblod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I believe I had one uploaded at one point to filetemp of a 1000000% complete file but I have no idea whether filetemp is still around I'll check.

So filetemp-turned filetrip was shutdown at somepoint taking that file with it. Imma check my switch and pray that it's the same one I used all those years ago.

So I backedup a save from my switch which i believe is the binding of isaac save with all the stuff completed but no guarantee there. i used Edizon to make the backup so to restore the save you may have to use it as well. let me know if the link works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aTSAVMMePAp4OxsNHahoDf0h6VJgUigG?usp=sharing
Everything works, thank you !

Harrystacion

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am so sorry, but could you do a videotutorial? I am not good at this and i am really lost...
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I am so sorry, but could you show the process in a videotutorial? this is so hard for me...

AdrianHerrera01

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am so sorry, but could you do a videotutorial? I am not good at this and i am really lost...
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I am so sorry, but could you show the process in a videotutorial? this is so hard for me...
Hey, i managed to make it work on my switch, do you still need help?
Lo hice funcionar usando otra aplicación en la switch desde la tienda de Homebrew y con un cable USB conectado al compu

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i managed to make it work on my switch, do you still need help?
Lo hice funcionar usando otra aplicación en la switch desde la tienda de Homebrew y con un cable USB conectado al compu
Can you share more information here? Could be useful for anyone else that might stumble upon this thread

AdrianHerrera01

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you share more information here? Could be useful for anyone else that might stumble upon this thread
Sure,
I couldn't find a way to use Checkpoint since whenever i tried to open it it closed by itself, so i downloaded JKSV (02.23.2023 version) from the Homebrew app store, this application creates save files for your games which are normally hidden or inaccessible.

When you install JKSV, a folder named "JKSV" will be created on your SD Switch Root (excuse me if i'm not naming it properly) that's where we are going to put our save file after a few steps.

1. Have a save file of Tboi AB+ or Repentance, in my case i have Repentance,
You can find your save file in: Documents/My Games/Binding of Isaac Repentance.
Save files are storaged in backups so everyday you play Tboi a backup is saved on this folder, you should pick the latest (most recent) save file. Here's an example of my save file: 20240307.rep_persistentgamedata(1, 2 or 3) where the date and "persistent" are only present on the pc save files and we are going to erase that part of the file name when transfering it to our switch.

2. Go to the JKSV app on your switch and click on the Tboi icon, then click on New Backup, that is going to create a copy of our current tboi switch save file on the JKSV folder located on the switch root (Mentioned at the beginning). I suggest you play the game or just 1 Run before doing this step so the JKSV app has a backup to create in first place.

3. Connect your switch to your Pc (cable or SD) and look for the JKSV folder that was automatically created when the app was installed. This folder now contains the backup of the Switch Tboi save file we created previously, just delete or save it elsewhere if you want.
Change the name of the PC tboi save file so it fits the switch format, (ex: 20240307.rep_persistentgamedata1 gets transformed into rep_gamedata1, erasing the date and persistent)
Move the renamed PC save file to the JKSV folder and disconnect your switch.

4. Go to the JKSV app on your switch and look for the Tboi icon, then click on it and select the backup that is present there (is the only one) and press Restore. After this just close it and open Tboi and your pc save file information should be there.

rvvski

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure,
I couldn't find a way to use Checkpoint since whenever i tried to open it it closed by itself, so i downloaded JKSV (02.23.2023 version) from the Homebrew app store, this application creates save files for your games which are normally hidden or inaccessible.

When you install JKSV, a folder named "JKSV" will be created on your SD Switch Root (excuse me if i'm not naming it properly) that's where we are going to put our save file after a few steps.

1. Have a save file of Tboi AB+ or Repentance, in my case i have Repentance,
You can find your save file in: Documents/My Games/Binding of Isaac Repentance.
Save files are storaged in backups so everyday you play Tboi a backup is saved on this folder, you should pick the latest (most recent) save file. Here's an example of my save file: 20240307.rep_persistentgamedata(1, 2 or 3) where the date and "persistent" are only present on the pc save files and we are going to erase that part of the file name when transfering it to our switch.

2. Go to the JKSV app on your switch and click on the Tboi icon, then click on New Backup, that is going to create a copy of our current tboi switch save file on the JKSV folder located on the switch root (Mentioned at the beginning). I suggest you play the game or just 1 Run before doing this step so the JKSV app has a backup to create in first place.

3. Connect your switch to your Pc (cable or SD) and look for the JKSV folder that was automatically created when the app was installed. This folder now contains the backup of the Switch Tboi save file we created previously, just delete or save it elsewhere if you want.
Change the name of the PC tboi save file so it fits the switch format, (ex: 20240307.rep_persistentgamedata1 gets transformed into rep_gamedata1, erasing the date and persistent)
Move the renamed PC save file to the JKSV folder and disconnect your switch.

4. Go to the JKSV app on your switch and look for the Tboi icon, then click on it and select the backup that is present there (is the only one) and press Restore. After this just close it and open Tboi and your pc save file information should be there.

that worked for me, but instead of changing .rep_persistentgamedata1 to rep_gamedata1 i changed it to abp_gamedata1

edit: nvm i just didn't have repentance installed my bad

Last edited by rvvski,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w