• Replies 28
  • Likes 9

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggestDump is an open source tool to dump your current and pending firmware from your Switch's NAND to use with ChoiDujourNX. Simply boot biggestDump, press A, and wait about 2 minutes for it to finish dumping the files. Open "sdmc:/Update/" in ChoiDujourNX and you're done. Any issues can be reported here or at Github. Testers and I have had no issues, but there is only so much we can test ourselves.

https://github.com/J-D-K/biggestDump

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice, I think I'll use this later day
Thanks, I hope it all goes or went smooth for ya.

I'm planning to rework the text output a little so I can print more, useful info. The way it works now was done rather quick and just gets the job done.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Thanks, I hope it all goes or went smooth for ya.

I'm planning to rework the text output a little so I can print more, useful info. The way it works now was done rather quick and just gets the job done.
It worked with no problems, can't wait for the update

CYB3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice Job Buddy. I have 2 folders

1- placehld
2- registered

what is the update that I have installed in my case 6.1.0 and which is the one that is pending downloading that would be 6.2.0

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice Job Buddy. I have 2 folders

1- placehld
2- registered

what is the update that I have installed in my case 6.1.0 and which is the one that is pending downloading that would be 6.2.0
registered is 6.1.0. placehld is 6.2.0.

Reactions: CYB3R

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it 3 Times.
Hmmm. What version are you trying to update to? If it's 6.2.0, 111 is way too small. Unfortunately, I'm right in the middle of updating text output and adding some double checking and actual error reporting, but you're more than welcome to give it a shot. Maybe it will give more useful info or catch it already? Also, the CFW you're running would be some nice info if you don't mind.

Attachments

• biggestDump.zip
    704.1 KB · Views: 213

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm. What version are you trying to update to? If it's 6.2.0, 111 is way too small. Unfortunately, I'm right in the middle of updating text output and adding some double checking and actual error reporting, but you're more than welcome to give it a shot. Maybe it will give more useful info or catch it already? Also, the CFW you're running would be some nice info if you don't mind.

Thanks. I Try it

Tryed whit reinx

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I Try it

Tryed whit reinx
Ok, I'll see what I can check out myself. The only way to really test biggestDump after I've updated already is to copy the registered folder to my SD, rename it placehld, and copy it back to NAND. At least it's something though. Otherwise all I have is and empty folder and current firmware.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wasn’t going mad at all thank you, it does not dump a pending update properly don’t use it it should dump 209 files & 263 MB in size pending use firmware dumper instead. There’s a whole thread on biggest dump problems I found this out myself. He’s still released it under release even though it doesn’t work.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/biggest...er-comparison-and-issues.524819/#post-8404714
So, you're gonna pick out 2 cases out of a couple hundred by now? I tried to help you. I asked you for a log, and you posted a screenshot of your desktop. You were also insisting that it would brick your Switch, even though as Stoned's case shows, Choi will not go through with the update if something is wrong. It's hard to get to the bottom of something and fix it if the person having them can't even follow basic instructions.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did help you. You posted a new commit of biggest dump said you had fixed it I commented to you told you I would test it thoroughly I tested it and reported back with images that it made no difference, it still dumped a pending update wrong but you left it never reported back and opened this new thread up as a “release” which is even worse than before.
Where does it say it's fixed? Pretty sure I told you to run it and post the log. How is it any worse? It's the same code as what I posted before. I just pushed it to git before starting the thread.
learn to read dumbass.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reecey: JK_ is trying to fix the problem and asked you to try and give logs of your issue. don't tell everyone to stop using his tool and only use the other one, it feels bad for JK_ who is trying to fix the issue.
having choices is always good and working on fixing issues should be done without fighting over which one is better.

JK_ : keep working on it. don't worry if (only) one user is not happy. like you said, ChoixdujourNX will not install if incomplete or corrupted so it will not brick. at worse, users should have a full backup before installing firmwares.

I feel bad for you : "download: 5" and you never got a report. I rarely got report when I released beta and asked for help, but got lot of downloads.

I have a question : you tool is only dumping, right? could you add an option to clean/delete the pending update? is it possible by just deleting files, or does it require a setting edition too, like gag order? gag order only removes the prompt, doesn't delete any files.
this way we won't have to enter recovery mode to do it.

Last edited by Cyan,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question : you tool is only dumping, right? could you add an option to clean/delete the pending update? is it possible by just deleting files, or does it require a setting edition too, like gag order? gag order only removes the prompt, doesn't delete any files.
this way we won't have to enter recovery mode to do it.
It's already a, well hidden, option in JKSV. I guess it'd be pretty simple to bring over. I'd need to figure out how to get rid of the nag though. Right now, JKSV just reboots the system to get rid of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played