Hacking Between the Supercard DSOne and the Acekard 2.

currynoodles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm currently having 3 carts with me, an R4, a Supercard DSOne and the AceKard 2. The R4 was my first and only cart and I bought the other 2 recently.

The reason why I wanted an upgrade was because the R4 support team is more or less dead now. Personally I think the R4 was a fantastic card, back then anyway. Sure it doesn't have the new fancy features like the SDHC and Real time saves, but there was nothing really broken with it.

I bought 2 carts was because I wanted to give the other 2 I wasn't using as gifts.

I love how the Supercard is packed with features, however the sluggish menu and the whole 3-OS setup for games like Castlevania didn't appeal to me.

I'm a big fan of the Acekard's interface and simplicity. I guess it's because it's similar to the R4 in some sense, it just works out of the box.

Any suggestions on which I should go for? Personally, I'm leaning more to the Acekard. I hardly use the in-game guide and RTS anyway. What do you think?

edit: also, does the Acekard work with the EZ 3-in-1? Both for GBA games and as RAM for the Opera Browser.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Based on what you said, it sounds as though you'd be happier with the Acekard 2. If in-game guide, RTS, etc. are more important to you than the menu system, I would say go with the SCDS1 (which has a poorer menu system but more features).

Yes, the Acekard 2 works with the EZFlash 3-in-1 directly (i.e. without a loader such as GBA ExpLoader) using the latest official menu, AIO menu, or even YSMenu.

-Bri

currynoodles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
sidneyyoung said:
Ask yourselves how well the Acekard 1 is supported now ? Wanna another R4 ?

Haha, I just read a review of it. Never knew it existed. When I entered the DS scene it was a mighty battle between the R4 and the DS-X.

Anyhow, realistically I don't expect support of these products to last for years. So far the Acekard 2 and RPG has been getting some nifty updates. No more slowdowns any games! Hurrah!
grog.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not a shame, we've all been there kid. I bought my R4 back in december after having been advised to do so here on GBAtemp cause the R4 hate/awareness wasn't high enough. And just so you know ANY slot-1 flashcart will work with the 3 in 1 expansion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol