Between the Supercard DSOne and the Acekard 2.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by currynoodles, Aug 26, 2008.

1. currynoodles
    OP

currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Malaysia
    I'm currently having 3 carts with me, an R4, a Supercard DSOne and the AceKard 2. The R4 was my first and only cart and I bought the other 2 recently.

The reason why I wanted an upgrade was because the R4 support team is more or less dead now. Personally I think the R4 was a fantastic card, back then anyway. Sure it doesn't have the new fancy features like the SDHC and Real time saves, but there was nothing really broken with it.

I bought 2 carts was because I wanted to give the other 2 I wasn't using as gifts.

I love how the Supercard is packed with features, however the sluggish menu and the whole 3-OS setup for games like Castlevania didn't appeal to me.

I'm a big fan of the Acekard's interface and simplicity. I guess it's because it's similar to the R4 in some sense, it just works out of the box.

Any suggestions on which I should go for? Personally, I'm leaning more to the Acekard. I hardly use the in-game guide and RTS anyway. What do you think?

edit: also, does the Acekard work with the EZ 3-in-1? Both for GBA games and as RAM for the Opera Browser.

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Based on what you said, it sounds as though you'd be happier with the Acekard 2. If in-game guide, RTS, etc. are more important to you than the menu system, I would say go with the SCDS1 (which has a poorer menu system but more features).

Yes, the Acekard 2 works with the EZFlash 3-in-1 directly (i.e. without a loader such as GBA ExpLoader) using the latest official menu, AIO menu, or even YSMenu.

-Bri

3. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    Ask yourselves how well the Acekard 1 is supported now ? Wanna another R4 ?

4. currynoodles
    OP

currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Malaysia
    Haha, I just read a review of it. Never knew it existed. When I entered the DS scene it was a mighty battle between the R4 and the DS-X.

Anyhow, realistically I don't expect support of these products to last for years. So far the Acekard 2 and RPG has been getting some nifty updates. No more slowdowns any games! Hurrah! [​IMG]

5. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Not a shame, we've all been there kid. I bought my R4 back in december after having been advised to do so here on GBAtemp cause the R4 hate/awareness wasn't high enough. And just so you know ANY slot-1 flashcart will work with the 3 in 1 expansion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice