Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold a OG PS4 with an upgraded 1TB SSD and the buyer told eBay a week later that I scammed him and it wasn’t the pro model (pictures and description showed it was clearly an OG model)

eBay than maid me pay for return shipping cause the guy couldn’t read so I lost like $50

That is a bad way to lose money, need to list the correct info to not lose money, if you listed a PS4 Pro they expect a PS4 Pro not a PS4 Phat.

Reactions: impeeza

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold a OG PS4 with an upgraded 1TB SSD and the buyer told eBay a week later that I scammed him and it wasn’t the pro model (pictures and description showed it was clearly an OG model)

eBay than maid me pay for return shipping cause the guy couldn’t read so I lost like $50
Well I bought a pro as it was listed as a pro even with pics and I got a damn phat then seller relisted it as a pro after I shipped it back

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But..I did? The listing title and pictures clearly showed an OG phat PS4

If somewhere in the item specific and item description described it as a PS4 Pro then that where the problem is, for ebay you have to be very accurate to not lose money,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao every single time some random kid makes a "Eureka! I found an exploit" post you guys roast him hard.

Anyway what I'm wondering is if it's possible to reverse engineer hwfly's FPGA firmware and build an open source hardware project with it? iirc they did nothing but managed to grab team xecuter's code.
what would be even better is if some genius could find a way to do an xbox 360 RGH 3 style hack on it
Ie. use the consoles own hardware to glitch itself
it would eliminate the need for chips altogether , since the switch chips are also using an RGH

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would be even better is if some genius could find a way to do an xbox 360 RGH 3 style hack on it
Ie. use the consoles own hardware to glitch itself
it would eliminate the need for chips altogether , since the switch chips are also using an RGH

Considering you still need to do fine point soldering for the RGH, it really doesn't fix much.

It may cost much less to acquire the parts required to facilitate the glitch, but you still need to be pretty good at soldering in order to do it. Which is probably the BIGGEST sticking point for most people.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering you still need to do fine point soldering for the RGH, it really doesn't fix much.

It may cost much less to acquire the parts required to facilitate the glitch, but you still need to be pretty good at soldering in order to do it. Which is probably the BIGGEST sticking point for most people.
well we don't exactly know that because it has never been done
chip clips could be used in conjunction with alternate test pad points
to simplify the process , plus i am pretty sure on the xbox360
the RGH3 doesn't use the same points as the the original and only really requires 4 points
and resistor between 2 the other just a jumper
but then there RE the NAND dump/flash pins
and of course the switch has much smaller circuitry
but If someone were to find a method similar to the xbox360 RGH 3
we have no way of knowing which points it might use to accomplish such a thing
but maybe a chip clip cloud be used for the NAND dump/flash operation instead of tiny soldering

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well we don't exactly know that because it has never been done
chip clips could be used in conjunction with alternate test pad points
to simplify the process , plus i am pretty sure on the xbox360
the RGH3 doesn't use the same points as the the original and only really requires 4 points
and resistor between 2 the other just a jumper
but then there RE the NAND dump/flash pins
and of course the switch has much smaller circuitry
but If someone were to find a method similar to the xbox360 RGH 3
we have no way of knowing which points it might use to accomplish such a thing
but maybe a chip clip cloud be used for the NAND dump/flash operation instead of tiny soldering
This is the kind of post that ruffles feathers. You're talking about thing that don't exist like they would be easy to do. If they were that easy to do it would be done already. People don't simply make a solution that requires micro soldering and a flexible tab slid under the eMMC because they like complex solutions. They do it because it's the only solution. Remember we're doing things that were never intended and if possible would be eliminated in the design of hardware and software.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the kind of post that ruffles feathers. You're talking about thing that don't exist like they would be easy to do. If they were that easy to do it would be done already. People don't simply make a solution that requires micro soldering and a flexible tab slid under the eMMC because they like complex solutions. They do it because it's the only solution. Remember we're doing things that were never intended and if possible would be eliminated in the design of hardware and software.
Team Xecuter made the OG RGH for the 360 and it required a chip and a lot more than 4 wires
the new mod only came along recently and was discovered by someone other than TX.
This new method of using a console to glitch itself is new and was not even known about when TX glitched the mariko chip
it is a new direction that I said *MAYBE* could be looked into to accomplish the same thing with the switch RGH.
Of course it will not lead to any different models becoming exploitable or exploitable through a totally different means
all it would do for sure is make it so that those who want to RGH their mariko's not need to buy a $115+ mod chip
and maybe make it easier to install.
And if TX knew of a method similar to the RGH3 for the switch they would not publicize it because then they could not have sold their glitch chips because all you need are 2 lengths of wire and resistor , same goes for HWFLY (who are probably one in the same)

Last edited by weatMod,

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What makes you so sure that Nintendo hasn't learned from past consoles and eliminated software based vulnerabilities? Microsoft has even managed to prevent hardware mods starting with the Xbox One. Why is it so much of a stretch to think that Nintendo can't do the same in the future? Cybersecurity of the past wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now and it certainly wasn't applied to game consoles like it is now. Rather than try to hide vulnerabilities companies actively ask people to look for them so that they can be eliminated. This is why software mods will likely become extinct in the future but were quite prevalent in the past. That's not to say that other types of mods and vulnerabilities won't exist.
If CFW was a thing early in the Switch cycle then Nintendo would have called the switch a failure and stopped putting money into development, there is a reason they got onto the non-patched Tegra chips pretty quickly.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Xecuter made the OG RGH for the 360 and it required a chip and a lot more than 4 wires
the new mod only came along recently and was discovered by someone other than TX.
This new method of using a console to glitch itself is new and was not even known about when TX glitched the mariko chip
it is a new direction that I said *MAYBE* could be looked into to accomplish the same thing with the switch RGH.
Of course it will not lead to any different models becoming exploitable or exploitable through a totally different means
all it would do for sure is make it so that those who want to RGH their mariko's not need to buy a $115+ mod chip
and maybe make it easier to install.
And if TX knew of a method similar to the RGH3 for the switch they would not publicize it because then they could not have sold their glitch chips because all you need are 2 lengths of wire and resistor , same goes for HWFLY (who are probably one in the same)
I have not educated myself on glitching the XB 360 or the Switch so I apologize if the following may be a lack of knowledge on my part. How/why would it be possible to apply a hack that works on a 17 year old console to a current one?

Reactions: weatMod

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHe sYsTeM iS pAtChEd - FUCK OFF. All of the consoles were hacked eventually. Wii? DS? DSi? 3DS? Wii U?

These were all hacked. All of them, through a softmod (except with the DS which just requires a flashcard and no fucking up with the hardware).

This should be the case with the switch. Either through a softmod or something simple like a flashcard or a device that can easily be connected to it.
maybe instead of whining into the ether like a pathetic baby, you should go out there and figure out a softmod yourself.

Reactions: Elodain and impeeza

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not educated myself on glitching the XB 360 or the Switch so I apologize if the following may be a lack of knowledge on my part. How/why would it be possible to apply a hack that works on a 17 year old console to a current one?
Well the original reset glitch hack for the xbox 360 required a glitcher chip
this was the case up until very recently when some Russian discovered a way to use the consoles own hardware to glitch the console instead of using TX's RGH chip or a clone glitcher chip
this is a really new concept.

It may also be relevant to the switch because it also uses a glitcher chip from TX( or "HWFLY" TX incognito?)
so this new idea of using a consoles own hardware to perform the glitching instead of a separate chip
might be able to be applied to the switch as well.
but like I said it would only have the benefit of not requiring you to purchase an expensive chip
and possibly make for a simpler hard mod procedure, it would not make any other difference
or lead to new exploits,
Also very likely that has not been looked into yet for the mariko switch models
or it could have been by TX but even if were discovered by TX they would probably have kept it secret to sell their chip
or maybe not since they could probably have come up with a different business model selling NAND reader/flashers or chip clips if such a thing would be required

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Takokeshi

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it's not because the XCPU is not the Tegra X1. /endthread
I never said it was
that is not the point
this has probably not been explored yet
yeah it 's a tegra X1 and not XCPU
but both exploits use a glitch attack
the one for 360 needed to have an external chip installed to perform this until just recently
until some genius found a way to use the console itself instead of the chip to do the glitching

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If CFW was a thing early in the Switch cycle then Nintendo would have called the switch a failure and stopped putting money into development, there is a reason they got onto the non-patched Tegra chips pretty quickly.
I'm pretty sure homebrew and cfw happend very early in the switches cycle.
I think cfw was available around 1 year after release, with preview videos for cfw and homebrew via pegaswitch released even before that.
Also at the point the patched switches got to the market, there where already millions of hackable switches released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5