Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elderscrolls5_skyrim.jpeg

QUOTE said:
"It's [the WiiU] definitely a possibility for the future," "We'll look at any platform that will support [the] games we're trying to make, but that's the key thing--the console has to support the game as it is designed." "Just doing 360, PS3, and PC, I don't think people understand the amount of work that goes into that," Hines said. "All of the localization you have to do, all of the testing you have to do, on every platform in every language… It's a pretty huge undertaking."

icon11.gif
Source

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:
were do they say Wiu ?

QUOTEOne more heavy hitter may be added to the system's third-party lineup soon, as the UK Official Nintendo Magazine website is reporting that Bethesda Softworks is taking a closer look at adding Wii U to its multiplatform strategy, which currently focuses on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nice to see other platforms considered, but lets hope that it doesn't delay games too much (coding for multiple platforms takes time :I)..

-Qtis

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added some very minor clarification.

Anyway, I don't see it happening for Skyrim. Analysts have said any WiiU port of an older game is bound to fail. Basically the WiiU will be missing out on like 5+ years of awesome multiplats, which is why I'm hugely turned off from it. Multiplats this gen were amazing, more so than first parties I'd say. Well, I usually think multiplats are better than first party games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, to be honest, I'm quite impressed with the Wii U's third party support. Significantly improved from Wii.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might get ported over, but it all depends on when the system is released/how well it sells/how easy it is to port.

I don't think it's very likely, but we'll have to wait and see.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I can see a Dishonored port for it, if anyone actually gives a shit about that game. Rage is too early, Skyrim is too early.

To be fair, they did port Oblivion to the PS3 after the system launched, so there is a precedent there at least.

Still, considering the audience Bethesda often shoots for, I'm not sure there will be enough interested customers with only a Wii U. The type of gamers they market for probably already have a PS3, 360, or PC capable of running the game, so porting it to the Wii U would be kind of redundant.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I can see a Dishonored port for it, if anyone actually gives a shit about that game. Rage is too early, Skyrim is too early.

To be fair, they did port Oblivion to the PS3 after the system launched, so there is a precedent there at least.

Still, considering the audience Bethesda often shoots for, I'm not sure there will be enough interested customers with only a Wii U. The type of gamers they market for probably already have a PS3, 360, or PC capable of running the game, so porting it to the Wii U would be kind of redundant.
Well the Wii U is (supposedly) shooting for (or at) that same audience, so it might entice Bethesda to see if the Wii U is truly up to it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Well the Wii U is (supposedly) shooting for (or at) that same audience, so it might entice Bethesda to see if the Wii U is truly up to it.

Well it's hard to entice the whole Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Rage audience when they already are rooted down in their choice platforms. Dishonored seems to be in the same launch area as the WiiU so it would work as a multiplat.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some comments (not just here) translate to something like Nintendo fan base doesn't want/like these kind of games or Nintendo doesn't have a fan base for these games. Which isn't a fair and right assumption at all.

As much as I want Skyrim on the Wii U,(I believe there is a fan base in Nintendo that wants it as well and
I believe Wii U can handle it. I wonder how they will use the controller?) The timing of the game
and console may just not work.
closedeyes.gif

Wonder how Skyrim would effect Wii u launch?
laugh.gif

I'll buy that and a good first party title.

Also sorry for the minor confusion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Some comments (not just here) translate to something like Nintendo fan base doesn't want/like these kind of games or Nintendo doesn't have a fan base for these games. Which isn't a fair and right assumption at all.

Honestly if you really enjoyed Oblivion or Skyrim so much, you'd have gotten a console to play it. Elder Scrolls has like never been on a Nintendo console either, so you wouldn't go "Wow, a new Nintendo console, I can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls!" Same with Fallout and like every other Bethesda game.

It's not a case of the Nintendo fan base not wanting it (they'll eat anything with "good" quality on the platform), it's a matter of anyone who really wanted the game would've had a console for it already.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not just that the Wii U audience wouldn't like it. It's just that the audience interested in this game probably already has another console/ a good pc to run it.

There just wouldn't be a large enough audience of people with only a Wii U who would want this game to justify the millions it would cost to port it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

Honestly if you really enjoyed Oblivion or Skyrim so much, you'd have gotten a console to play it. Elder Scrolls has like never been on a Nintendo console either, so you wouldn't go "Wow, a new Nintendo console, I can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls!" Same with Fallout and like every other Bethesda game.

It's not a case of the Nintendo fan base not wanting it (they'll eat anything with "good" quality on the platform), it's a matter of anyone who really wanted the game would've had a console for it already.
Nothing stopping me from going "Skyrim on a Nintendo console? Plus 9000!
biggrin.gif
".
tongue.gif

I didn't have my own wii or ps3. I play on my dad's ps3 and wii. Last console I own myself is the gamecube...
unsure.gif

5 years of miss multiplat shouldn't be a problem because base on what you said most people would bought the console and play them already.
I'm not even sure a new console missing relatively old games is a reason not to like it...
unsure.gif

Besides what the devs are doing now, I wouldn't be surprise if there would be a lot of remakes or collections spread
throughout the wii u life.

The more multiplat for the wii u, the better. (Even if you needs to take ones that launch like 6 months before the console)
It has the power now and I doubt (Not trying to start anything. As in I didn't want this come out wrong.) the ps4 or 720 (
laugh.gif
) is
going to sway away multiplat with it's power.

Also what up with the ("") around good? I mean seriously.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol.