Bethesda considering Wii U

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by KingVamp, Sep 29, 2011.

1. KingVamp
    OP

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Source

2. Valwin

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    were do they say Wiu ?

3. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US

4. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    The quote doesn't say anything, but the source does.

5. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Nice to see other platforms considered, but lets hope that it doesn't delay games too much (coding for multiple platforms takes time :I)..

-Qtis

6. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I added some very minor clarification.

Anyway, I don't see it happening for Skyrim. Analysts have said any WiiU port of an older game is bound to fail. Basically the WiiU will be missing out on like 5+ years of awesome multiplats, which is why I'm hugely turned off from it. Multiplats this gen were amazing, more so than first parties I'd say. Well, I usually think multiplats are better than first party games.

7. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Well, to be honest, I'm quite impressed with the Wii U's third party support. Significantly improved from Wii.

8. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    That's really not saying much.

At the moment most things on the WiiU seem to be in the dark.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It might get ported over, but it all depends on when the system is released/how well it sells/how easy it is to port.

I don't think it's very likely, but we'll have to wait and see.

10. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    I can see it happening, and I'll be expecting it when I get my Wii U.

11. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I can see a Dishonored port for it, if anyone actually gives a shit about that game. Rage is too early, Skyrim is too early.

12. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    To be fair, they did port Oblivion to the PS3 after the system launched, so there is a precedent there at least.

Still, considering the audience Bethesda often shoots for, I'm not sure there will be enough interested customers with only a Wii U. The type of gamers they market for probably already have a PS3, 360, or PC capable of running the game, so porting it to the Wii U would be kind of redundant.

13. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Well the Wii U is (supposedly) shooting for (or at) that same audience, so it might entice Bethesda to see if the Wii U is truly up to it.

14. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Well it's hard to entice the whole Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Rage audience when they already are rooted down in their choice platforms. Dishonored seems to be in the same launch area as the WiiU so it would work as a multiplat.

15. KingVamp
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Some comments (not just here) translate to something like Nintendo fan base doesn't want/like these kind of games or Nintendo doesn't have a fan base for these games. Which isn't a fair and right assumption at all.

As much as I want Skyrim on the Wii U,(I believe there is a fan base in Nintendo that wants it as well and
    I believe Wii U can handle it. I wonder how they will use the controller?) The timing of the game
    and console may just not work. [​IMG]

Wonder how Skyrim would effect Wii u launch? [​IMG]

I'll buy that and a good first party title.

Also sorry for the minor confusion.

16. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Honestly if you really enjoyed Oblivion or Skyrim so much, you'd have gotten a console to play it. Elder Scrolls has like never been on a Nintendo console either, so you wouldn't go "Wow, a new Nintendo console, I can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls!" Same with Fallout and like every other Bethesda game.

It's not a case of the Nintendo fan base not wanting it (they'll eat anything with "good" quality on the platform), it's a matter of anyone who really wanted the game would've had a console for it already.

17. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Well, it's not just that the Wii U audience wouldn't like it. It's just that the audience interested in this game probably already has another console/ a good pc to run it.

There just wouldn't be a large enough audience of people with only a Wii U who would want this game to justify the millions it would cost to port it.

18. KingVamp
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Nothing stopping me from going "Skyrim on a Nintendo console? Plus 9000! [​IMG]". [​IMG]

I didn't have my own wii or ps3. I play on my dad's ps3 and wii. Last console I own myself is the gamecube... [​IMG]

5 years of miss multiplat shouldn't be a problem because base on what you said most people would bought the console and play them already.
    I'm not even sure a new console missing relatively old games is a reason not to like it... [​IMG]
    Besides what the devs are doing now, I wouldn't be surprise if there would be a lot of remakes or collections spread
    throughout the wii u life.

The more multiplat for the wii u, the better. (Even if you needs to take ones that launch like 6 months before the console)
    It has the power now and I doubt (Not trying to start anything. As in I didn't want this come out wrong.) the ps4 or 720 ([​IMG]) is
    going to sway away multiplat with it's power.

Also what up with the ("") around good? I mean seriously. [​IMG]