ROM Hack Beta tracks in MKDS

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At least call it Koopa beach, its REAL NAME.
Nokonoko means Koopa Troopa, but it's not the real name, it isn't even a N64 track.
And loads o people have done this before.
Proof it.
QUOTE(arctic_flame @ Jul 6 2007, 09:55 AM)
It's not really a "hack" just renaming files.
And again a person who only knows one way of hacking.
dry.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I think it's a SNES track.

And I doubt you disassembled the binaries. If you did, kudos to you for re assembling them in a format the DS can accept.

EDIT: Proof? Didn't you read the first page...?
And if you didn't use ndstool, enlighten the rest of us.

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course I saw the first page, Kushan* hacked it too while I didn't knew.
Yes, I use NDSTool.
It's no SNES track, if it actually is, I have to start my SNES up again.
But I think it is not even a retro track, since the file name has no "old" in the name.
It isn't "old_nokonoko_sfc" (Koopa Beach 2 is old_noko_sfc), not old_nokonoko_64, old _nokonoko_agb or old_nokonoko_gc.
It's file name is "nokonoko_course", so a DS track.

boblen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aussie-play.com
XP
Country
She's going to start her site up again - simplymario.com
I know because i'm the one that used to host it
tongue.gif

She has a better internet connection now and has re-made the website.

juliobbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In my sig is the database posted too.
I resently released Mario Kart CW Beta 2.0, there are Luigi Cookie Pinball and Split-Up Beach (new name of Nokonoko) with textures.
Just download it and look in the ZIP in the Notepad.

happy.gif
Thanks Wynaut for the tracks, can you upload the file with zshare or another site that is not megaupload? Megaupload always complains that all of the bandwidth is used and the file only can be downloaded with a premium account. I tried the download trick but sometimes it doesn't work. It's purely luck based. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried with another computer and it worked, thank you very much. I'll upload the file to zshare if you don't mind. I really hope kushan* completes Mario Kart DS 2. Man, it would be awesome to play these tracks with 150cc and on WiFi and I'm a little impatient now hehe.

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
She's going to start her site up again - simplymario.com
I know because i'm the one that used to host it
tongue.gif

She has a better internet connection now and has re-made the website.

So, she is not dead, Kushan* had a bad quality internet connection.
Because Dekar at NDS-Roms was a really active poster, new forum came, he only has one post.
The same with Kushan*, but only she don't has any posts, but is a forum moderator.
In my sig is the database posted too.
I resently released Mario Kart CW Beta 2.0, there are Luigi Cookie Pinball and Split-Up Beach (new name of Nokonoko) with textures.
Just download it and look in the ZIP in the Notepad.

happy.gif
Thanks Wynaut for the tracks, can you upload the file with zshare or another site that is not megaupload? Megaupload always complains that all of the bandwidth is used and the file only can be downloaded with a premium account. I tried the download trick but sometimes it doesn't work. It's purely luck based. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried with another computer and it worked, thank you very much. I'll upload the file to zshare if you don't mind. I really hope kushan* completes Mario Kart DS 2. Man, it would be awesome to play these tracks with 150cc and on WiFi and I'm a little impatient now hehe.
Kushan* said at 1 Januari will the site be done and MKDS2 aswell, but what happend is, site down and MKDS2 is still a unreleased Rom.

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using an emu for this right now and i have the same problem. I assume its the flash card. Im getting R4 soon which i heard works with almost anything.

Wynaut- I gotta know, how the hell did u manage to get the textures?

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By just hacking the Kiosk version.
That version is just easier, since the textures will be hacked automaticly.

And thanks for the mirrour, I'm gonna use more temporary.
I search for a unloader to click at it and you can just download it.

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, it won't have use.

Because, some tracks will be half untextured, some tracks will not work or some tracks still are the same.
And some will change and be half untextured.

Like:
Delfino Plaza: The big Piranta statue will change into a Yoshi fontain, like in the Kiosk, but the water will change to white and a big part will be white.
Dessert Hills: Will no longer work and will not load.
Figure-8: Will be still the same.
Yoshi Falls: The Egg will disappear and the ground will be white.

Unused tracks will stay untextured.
Maybe as soon as I can get contact with Kushan* and she still wants to teach me how to use NARCTool, I could try to make them textured.

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, but I was earlier (not here).
And they use wrong names.

I know LCP (luigi_course) looks like Waluigi Pinball (pinball_course) and DKJM (donkey_course) looks like DK Pass (snow_course), but they are not the same.
The most people confused this, so I was, and that's why there are some mistakes in Mario Kart CW 1.0.
After I made the first MKCW, I realised snow_course is the real DK Pass Beta and pinball_course is the real Waluigi Pinball Beta.

The most of the names I gave to the unused tracks are based on the development names and/or the track lay-out.

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just discovered that the full version of mkds uses 2 files for each course, one containing the texture and the other the course, while the demo uses only one file for both. the texture works with the all in one file, but not the separate file configuration. I believe this is because there was no textures written with in the texture file. Assuming that this is correct, in order to get the texture working in the full version, you would need to program the rom to add texture within the texture file. i doubt anyone can. Unless that program you said you may be able to add texture with is able to edit .carc files. Also, that program doesnt seem very complicated and i would assume you should be able to figure it out for yourself. The only other way i can think of is that perhaps the all in one version of the course would work when copied to the full game in place of the other two. But apparently according to wynaut, it will not...

and also i would assume that this:

QUOTE said:
Delfino Plaza: The big Piranta statue will change into a Yoshi fontain, like in the Kiosk, but the water will change to white and a big part will be white.
Dessert Hills: Will no longer work and will not load.
Figure-8: Will be still the same.
Yoshi Falls: The Egg will disappear and the ground will be white.

Unused tracks will stay untextured.

would be due to the fact that the files with names including TEX were not deleted after adding the new all in one course, causing the ROM to confuse the DS by sending mixed messages.

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried already to remove the TEX files, but when I want to load them, they are completly not working.

But you brought me on an idea, I'll try to repleace all tracks with Kiosk tracks, then I will change the TEX files after repleacing one track.

Chances are high that this will not work.

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is that there is another file within the .nds file that calls the courses and the TEX files at the same time. If you can find this area, then you could tell it to call a diff tex file with data which i may be able to get though a little plan ive evolved.

madstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
metalmariomadstarr.smfforfree4.com
XP
Country
United States
mayboe you also delete the tex file and forget about it?
the nokonko course and dokan course wont work on the final game. I deleted f8c and the "TEX" file and renamed the nokonoko and the TEX file to cross_course and it wont load the course. What do i do? All of the other tracks work. It's in the final game, not the demo.
And desert hills works in the beta version. replace moo moo farm and put desert hills in place. It worked for me.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k