In this update, many new features have been added to the mod, of which the following are the most notable:
- Custom Tracks Worldwide (CTWW): With CTWW enabled, selecting worldwide in the online multiplayer menu will put you in an unused region. In this region CTGP-7 players can play custom tracks without interfering vanilla Mario Kart 7 users.
- Countdown Mode: While using CTWW, you can select between VS race and Countdown mode. In this new game mode there are infinite laps and the timer counts backwards from a certain value (about 2 minutes). After it reaches 0 you won't be able to move anymore. In order to gain some time, hit other players with items. The full game mode rules can be found here.
- 32+ New Custom Tracks: Thanks to the cup extension feature added in 0.21, we are finally able to add tons of new custom tracks to the game. The custom track count has increased from 30 in v0.21.4, to 56 in v1.0.
- Anti Cheat: The Anti cheat will help mitigate cheaters in the worldwide mode. If you play a lot in normal worldwide, then this feature is for you!
- Custom Character Manager & Others: Other smaller features were added to the mod as well. With the custom character manager, you can place character packs (which may include model, voice and UI modifications) in the MyStuff folder. They can be individually enabled from the custom ingame menu later (press Select). There are also some other new small features, they are listed in the changelog below.
- New Custom Track List:
- Bell Cup: Concord Town || N64 Mario Raceway || Galvarny Falls || GBA Sky Garden
- Acorn Cup: Autumn Forest || GBA Riverside Park || SNES Mario Circuit 1 || GBA Bowser Castle 3
- Cloud Cup: Evergreen Crossing || N64 Moo Moo Farm || Bayside Boulevard || N64 Frappe Snowland
- Boo Cup: Banshee Boardwalk 2 || Elemental Cave || SNES Ghost Valley 2 || DS Cheep Cheep Beach
- Spring Cup: DS Tick Tock Clock || Melody Sanctum || DS Desert Hills || Castle Of Time
- Egg Cup: DS Yoshi Falls || N64 Choco Mountain || DS Shroom Ridge || CTR Crash Cove
- Bullet Cup: CTR Cortex Castle || DS Dokan Course || SNES Choco Island 2 || Star Slope
- Blooper Cup: Sandcastle Park || DS Mario Circuit || GCN Luigi Circuit || Volcano Beach Ruins
- Feather Cup: GCN Yoshi Circuit || GBA Peach Circuit || Metro Madness || GBA Luigi Circuit
- Fireball Cup: SMO RC Challenge || GBA Bowser Castle 4 || SNES Donut Plains 1 || Secret Slide
- Bob-omb Cup: DS Wario Stadium || Ermii Circuit || GCN Baby Park || Revo Circuit
- Cherry Cup: SNES Mario Circuit 3 || Big Blue || GBA Shy Guy Beach || Bingo Party
- Coin Cup: Doge Desert || N64 Banshee Boardwalk || GCN Mario Circuit || Miku's Birthday Spectacular
- Rainbow Cup: N64 Rainbow Road || GBA Rainbow Road || Space Road || Rainbow Road DX
- Custom Tracks Worldwide: Play custom tracks online with other CTGP-7 players.
- Countdown Mode: New game mode with special rules.
- Improved MyStuff folder:
- Custom Character Manager: Indivudually enable custom characters placed here.
- Custom Karts: Place your custom kart models and they will be loaded ingame.
- Tutorials explaining how to use the MyStuff folder will be posted in the custom MK7 wiki.
- R.O.B. Custom Character: Bzzt! Bzzt!
- Increased security: Anti cheat and other anti hack features have been added.
- Course Intro Rotation Animation: A small camera rotation animation has been added when the course starts.
- Alphabetical Track Order: Choose if you want tracks to be ordered alphabetically online.
- Improved CTRPF library: Removed all features that could cause lag online.
- General improvements: Almost every single feature of CTGP-7 has been fixed or improved, so take a look at the ingame menu!
DISCLAIMER: The beta test group (about 12 different people) have been play testing on the CTWW unused region for 9 months already, and so far, we didn't encounter any issues. We have no idea if Nintendo can detect the usage of this unused region, but if they did, we are pretty confident no action will be taken (due to the game being old and the mod not affecting vanilla users). If we however find issues, we will be forced to switch to the used region and find a way to prevent matching with other vanilla players. CTGP-7 will not send data to the unused region until you press the Worldwide button in the online menu with CTWW enabled. All the other features are 100% undetectable as they are client sided.
Last edited by PabloMK7,