ROM Hack Beta tracks in MKDS

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutter, i would help, but im not sure about R4 yet because i still dont have it... I think the problem is that the DS has trouble loading the levels and gives up. Ik that doesnt help, but maybe u should google problems with the R4 to see if its something fixable.

gab10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
no$gba 2.4b??
Wynaut
could you tell me your's emu setting

i ask my friend(r4) run it
r4 also got black screen

and retro cup 4th circuit got black screen

you use which flash card test it?

juliobbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wink2.gif
Hmm, weird that you R4 guys can't get this rom to work. It's working fine for me with a supercard rumble. Either the problem is the R4 firmware or the supercard software patching the rom in a way that makes it work.

Maybe if you guys do the arm7 fix, it will work? Supercard didn't have this problem, that's maybe why the rom works with supercard and not in R4.

PD. I just remembered that the MKDS kiosk rom is very special and only works if certain conditions are met. A few months ago I tried the original kiosk rom with the M3 game manager and normal mode, safe mode and 1xDMA showed white screens. Only 4xDMA made the game work, which is strange because it's supposed that the first options are more compatible than 4xDMA.

gab10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
wink2.gif
Hmm, weird that you R4 guys can't get this rom to work. It's working fine for me with a supercard rumble. Either the problem is the R4 firmware or the supercard software patching the rom in a way that makes it work.

Maybe if you guys do the arm7 fix, it will work? Supercard didn't have this problem, that's maybe why the rom works with supercard and not in R4.

PD. I just remembered that the MKDS kiosk rom is very special and only works if certain conditions are met. A few months ago I tried the original kiosk rom with the M3 game manager and normal mode, safe mode and 1xDMA showed white screens. Only 4xDMA made the game work, which is strange because it's supposed that the first options are more compatible than 4xDMA.
so how to edit it and work on slot one card???

juliobbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi gab10:

Download the ARM7 fix and unzip it. You'll find that there are two folders called donor and patient. In donor you put any commercial DS game (try with the Sim City (J) rom first) and the MKDS CW rom in patient. Then run the included bat and it should produce a file called fixed.nds and finally you copy it to the R4 microsd card.

Keep in mind that I don't know if this procedure will make the game work, as I don't have an R4 to test the game. I hope that this is the case and you R4 guys enjoy the nokonoko track, it's very good with lots of alternate paths.
smile.gif
Too bad it's 100cc though.
frown.gif

Wynaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found out why it's doing like this:
1. CPUs acts strange, just like they want to die.
2. Don't beat the previous track 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th.

If you are able to ride on it, don't worry, as long as you don't fall off of hit items, it will be all good, even if you are the only one on that track.
If you are borred, just turn off the DS, because the Battle Tracks in the Beta Rom never end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.