ROM Hack Mario Kart DS: GameCube Grand Prix

supergamecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I merely have nothing to show, but that doesn't mean it's dead.
I don't like showing off every single little detail, I like to have something major enough to make a video on.
Next video might be as late as during next year, or as early as sometime in December.
It depends on what we're doing.

Lately, we've been working on bottom screen maps, Karts, and polishing things up.
I also administrate the MKDS Modding Discord server, so that takes a bit of my time as well.

So, that's why videos are usually months in between.

Some of you may have noticed that a video has gone down in the first post.
Of course, that's not my channel, that video was hosted on MKGirlisim's channel,
and she seems to have manually terminated her channel.
I had no involvement in her choice to do so, and frankly it's none of my business.

The preview image went down as well, as you can see, and that was totally out of my control as well,
the site it was hosted on closed down last December.

I'll probably updated the first post with newer better content, when I feel like it's the right time to do so.

Last edited by supergamecube,

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't like showing off every single little detail, I like to have something major enough to make a video on.
Next video might be as late as during next year, or as early as sometime in December.

Lately, we've been working on bottom screen maps, Karts, and polishing things up.
I also administrate the MKDS Modding Discord server, so that takes a bit of my time as well.

Of course, that's not my channel, that video was hosted on MKGirlisim's channel,
I had no involvement in her choice to do so, and frankly it's none of my business.

The preview image went down as well, as you can see, and that was totally out of my control as well,

I'll probably updated the first post with newer better content, when I feel like it's the right time to do so.
If you want I could manage preview videos (record, cut, etc.). I have enough time to do this.

Last edited by Tempylon,

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

When the project is finished, will you do another MKDS hack? Maybe with Wii Tracks?

Last edited by Tempylon,

supergamecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. My plan is to finish this, and then do whatever.

We plan to release GCGP around the Summer + Winter of this year (2020), by the way.
Anywhere within, or in-between that time frame.

I'm not really worried about future projects. My focus on these things is 100% on finishing this.
If GCGP were the only ROM hack I ever made; I would be completely fine with that.

I don't feel like I have enough of a passion for MKWii to really invest my time in making something like this but with Wii tracks.
I know others who are interested in doing that, but I'm not one of those people.

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

We plan to release GCGP around the Summer + Winter of this year (2020), by the way.

I'm not really worried about future projects. My focus on these things is 100% on finishing this.
If GCGP were the only ROM hack I ever made; I would be completely fine with that.

I don't feel like I have enough of a passion for MKWii to really invest my time in making something like this but with Wii tracks.
I know others who are interested in doing that, but I'm not one of those people.
Nice!
You have written somewhere that there are 16 other tracks in the double dash style but in the FAQ not.
Will there be extra tracks?

Last edited by Tempylon,

supergamecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as Nintendo has been targeting Mario Kart related content on YouTube recently, I've made most of my videos private.

GCGP isn't canceled, or anything. I'll just wait for it to blow over. I'm taking this action because: videos about CTGP 7 have been taken down, and UltimateARHacker has informed me that one of his own videos have been flagged by Nintendo as well. Which is kind of a close hit to home with it involving MKDS, and someone that is in our own community.

GCGP will go on with it's normal pace of development completely uninterrupted. This doesn't mean that the game will be delayed from any potential release window.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Will this be released by the end of 2021 ?

Hello.:)

Is it really so difficult to read 2 Posts above please ? :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-kart-ds-gamecube-grand-prix.485283/page-7#post-8925332

Thank you.:)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Likely sooner than that, there's only like 3 main courses left to port, and a lot of Missions have been made too.
Near the end of this year at best, or the end of 2019 at the slowest.

I have read the whole thread. The answer is dynamic, and is changing from time to time.

KoopaMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE = "supergamecube, post: 8940812, member: 361929"] Since Nintendo recently targeted Mario Kart-related content on YouTube, I have made most of my videos private.

GCGP is not canceled, or anything. I'll just wait for it to explode. I'm taking action because: videos on CTGP 7 have been deleted and UltimateARHacker has informed me that one of their own videos has also been reported by Nintendo. Which is a bit of a hit at home with that involving MKDS and someone who is in our own community.

GCGP will continue its normal pace of development without interruption. This does not mean that the game will be delayed from any potential exit window. [/ QUOTE]

Yes and Rafa4k's (Mario kart ds deluxe's creator) channel was deleted

Do you think Nintendo will delete all mkds modders's videos!?

Last edited by KoopaMaster,

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[QUOTE = "supergamecube, post: 8940812, membre: 361929"] Étant donné que Nintendo a récemment ciblé du contenu lié à Mario Kart sur YouTube, j'ai rendu la plupart de mes vidéos privées.

GCGP n'est pas annulé, ou quoi que ce soit. J'attendrai juste qu'il explose. J'agis parce que: des vidéos sur CTGP 7 ont été supprimées et UltimateARHacker m'a informé qu'une de ses propres vidéos avait également été signalée par Nintendo. Ce qui est un peu un succès à la maison avec cela impliquant MKDS et quelqu'un qui est dans notre propre communauté.

GCGP poursuivra son rythme normal de développement sans interruption. Cela ne signifie pas que le jeu sera retardé à partir de toute fenêtre de sortie potentielle. [/ QUOTE]

Yes and Rafa4k's ( Mario kart ds deluxe's creator ) channel was deleted

Do you think Nintendo will delete all mkds modders's videos !?
I don't think so because there are so many videos online.

Last edited by Tempylon,

supergamecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. It's been awhile.
I'm sure all of you have been patiently waiting for updates, right?
Well, I have something I'm certain you'll all enjoy.

We've recently released a Micro Demo for GCGP.
Please note, that this micro demo only work on Desmume,
it requires an x64 compatible Windows PC, and you must use the build of Desmume included.

It cannot be converted into a .nds, or anything but I'm certain some of you will get some enjoyment out of it none the less.
(Because the demo is just a Demume save state, not any sort of ROM).

If you want to play on real hardware, or on mobile phones, you'll have to wait for the full version to release later this year.

None the less. Enjoy: https://mega.nz/file/AnY3kC6a#dBaK3M4Pg-RGM7--1mAO1GNDcK5W2_Z2h0eLQWp-ops

This is a 1 race demo that takes Place on Wario Colosseum, you play as Mario in the Red Fire.
Once the race is over, the demo ends.

Further information can be found in the "instructions.txt included in the download.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it requires an x64 compatible Windows PC, and you must use the build of Desmume included.

It cannot be converted into a .nds, or anything but I'm certain some of you will get some enjoyment out of it none the less.

If you want to play on real hardware, or on mobile phones, you'll have to wait for the full version to release later this year.

None the less. Enjoy: https://mega.nz/file/AnY3kC6a#dBaK3M4Pg-RGM7--1mAO1GNDcK5W2_Z2h0eLQWp-ops

This is a 1 race demo that takes Place on Wario Colosseum, you play as Mario in the Red Fire.

Further information can be found in the "instructions.txt included in the download.
Does this means is almost ready for release? :3 testing the demo now

Reactions: Tempylon

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Pretty good demo, although I despise Wario's Colosseum 'cause I'm pretty bad at it, it looks so nice it's almost official.

Reactions: Tempylon

supergamecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bummer it doesn't work on flashcards yet but is nice to be able to play something.

GCGP does work on flash cards, as it is. We test it on official Nintendo Dev Hardware in fact.
It just won't for you, because it's in a Desmume save state, which is impossible to run on real hardware.
Because of how save states, and emulators work.

A save state is basically just a snapshot of what was in RAM at that point in-time.

I released in this way because just making a save state makes it easier to release something playable at all to people without having to make a Demo patch/ROM, which is almost like making a whole other game.

Last edited by supergamecube,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality