Best Yu-Gi-Oh game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by qweasd123, Jul 26, 2011.

Jul 26, 2011

Best Yu-Gi-Oh game by qweasd123 at 7:17 PM (3,120 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. qweasd123
    OP

Member qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I remember playing this (with cards, not on some console) with friend something like 7 years ago.
    Now I want to try it on DS but I'm wondering which version is the best.

2. XAlexBlitz209X

Member XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's better getting the latest version because that has the recent cards available.It's called Yu-gi-oh 5D's Over The Nexus

3. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    The best ones you can play on the DS are Spirit Caller, Nightmare Troubadour, and Duel Academy (for the GBA, but it's my all time favorite Yugioh game). What I don't recommend is the newest one, I'd even go out as much to say it's the worst handheld title.

4. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It depends what you mean by the best. If we're talking Story wise then you'd have to go for Nightmare Troubadour and GX: Spirit Caller. If you're looking for more updated cards, ban lists, and active multiplayer (Wi-Fi) as being the best then I suggest 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus

EDIT: Now that I think about it... The latest 3 games stories weren't so bad either. They were Stardust Accelerator, Reverse of Arcadia, and Over the Nexus (the latest). My only gripe is that they're so short.

5. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    What's wrong with the newest one? Unless you're just hating on the modern card game.

6. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Btw, are the games enjoyable even if you've never been into Yu-Go-Oh before or don't care about the (physical) cardgame?

7. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Nightmare Troubadour / Stardust Accelerator are the best 2 iv played.

Id stick with stardust accelerator tho, it does alot of things really well to make a great overall package. Plus, the board layout is the best iv seen of every yu-gi-oh game (including the 2 newer 5D games)

8. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Well... It's basically what the physical card game is so I guess it depends whether or not you're trying to get into it. If you have the patience to learn and progress than it's enjoyable and stays that way overtime since you have more of an insight but if you're going to go into the game without wanting to learn and just play around then I don't really see it being fun in anyway since the AI and online players won't be so easy after some time.
    But that's just what I think....

9. ilman

Member ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Bulgaria
    The best yu-gi-oh games I've played are the tag force series but those aren't on the ds.

10. qweasd123
    OP

Member qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I've heard about some lag in new games. Is that true?

11. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Lag? Maybe in the multiplayer but so does every other game depending on your own and the other player's connection. I've heard a few cases of bad loading times at points with AI, during Single Player, but it's not that big of an issue from what I've experienced.

12. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Not at all, there are various reasons, such as the computer wait times (which I can't stand), the story (I just don't like it, simply not my cup of tea... Pepsi actually, I don't like tea).

13. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    franchise lost me since the only yu-gi-oh title i liked (and understood rules XD) forbidden memories on my old ps1.. i tried each and every latest entries but not fun to my liking and over complicated haha, also what's with the new turn of the series and their bikes so weird!

plus i can just imagine how online might be bad with players maxing their stats with cheats on [​IMG]

14. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    You understood that damn game? Geez... I could hardly pull off a decent fusion throughout the damn game @_@. It didn't follow the traditional Yu-Gi-Oh! play style but Forbidden Memories was a fun game and I wish they'd make something else like it or like Duelist of the Roses. This kinda makes me wanna go search for FM online....

About the cheating... it's not really a problem unless you REALLY care about ranks. I haven't run into instant win creeps since, I think, was Spirit Caller or the game after it (whichever had Wi-Fi) but then again I've become less active with playing online since I got my 360 some few years ago.

15. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    haha yep i never felt overwhelmed by the card rules, only by the cheating CPU

16. Wiip™

Member Wiip™ Worth a penny.

United Kingdom
    The 3 newest Yu-Gi-Oh games are somewhat dumb, The computer has a very slow thinking time.
    I'd say Spirit Caller or World Championship 2008. Have fun. [​IMG]