OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys!

I have found a nice way to watch video's on your Wii, and you don't need any modchip and/or homebrew! All you need is a nice little converter, the photochannel on your Wii and a SDcard with reader (Max. 2 GB, as the Wii can't read SDHC).

Little guide:

1)
Get the converter here: http://supertosti.furion.nl/stuff/wiivideo9_Installer.exe
2)
Install and run it, also install the extra codecs that comes with it.
3)
After running, go directly to the tab "Settings" and change the following settings to this:
Device: Wii
Profile: MJPEG 2048kpbs Stereo/192kbps
Hit "Save converter settings"
4)
Click on the second tab to go to "Devices", and change the output folders if necessary. Don't forget to hit the save button after you're done!
5)
Now click on Converter in the upper tabs, then click "Select File" at the bottom-right, and browse to your file, and then open it.
6)
It may look like nothing happens, but just wait for a few sec and then the next options will popup, which lets you choose the video and audio quality, it will also give the estimated filesize.
7)
Click the "Next" button after you're done, this can also take a little while before it continues, just wait a few sec. Now you will get a nice little guidie in the upper part which tells you what to do. You can now edit the output-filename in the box below, and then hit "Start Converting"!
8)
You will now be redirected to a new screen which will tell you the statistics and the progress, it's really going fast if you set the priority to "Above Normal" or "High", even "Normal" can be fast! You can at this point also add some more video's while waiting for the process to finish, just click "Convert Video" above the table with the queue and open your video's. It will automatically be added into the queue with the same settings.
9) After all the converting is done, go to your output folder and move the new video's to your SDcard. After that, put it in your Wii and boot it up. Go to the photochannel, and hit the left button, which will let you read from the SDcard. It will find the movies, and just click "View". You will now get a nice overview of all your nice, converted movies. Click on it and it will play!

Extensions supported: As far as i know it will eat all extensions, like .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mkv etc etc. If you find an extension which is not supported, please tell it here so others will know it!

Now wasn't that easy?

EDIT: Sorry if i'm in the wrong place with my post, i was hoping that this was the good one, if not, please tell me!
happy.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here's an even easier way... load up your Internet Channel, and go to www.youtube.com

WHOA!!

Or you could just burn said video to DVD, and watch it in much better quality!

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
here's an even easier way... load up your Internet Channel, and go to www.youtube.com

WHOA!!

Or you could just burn said video to DVD, and watch it in much better quality!
Aye, but not everyone has the Internetchannel (it costs money..), and now you can watch your own video's, which you made yourself or which aren't on Youtube. (Anime for example, due to the length and size)

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicky041192 said:
you can watch dvds on the wii???
If you convert the DVD to .avi for example first with another converter, and then convert it with this, yes! Maybe you can also load the DVD in this converter, didn't tried it anyway. It's better that you don't play real dvd's on your Wii, as it may damage your laser due to that it is reading non-stop, and the laser isn't maded for that. Because with games, it only reads what he needs, and then stays idle.

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
genuisgeek said:
WII VIDEO 9 KINDA SUCKS MAKES BIG FILES LIKE I USED A 50 MB AND IT TURNED TO 300MB
IT WAS ONYL AN EPISODE TOO
It depends on which settings you use... If you put everything on max, you will get a big file. Anyway, if you don't mind the little few mb's, it's a nice way to watch video's smoothly without loadingtimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.