• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I wasn't previously certain if it had the checksum even if it couldn't reach the server. I fed it a fake file and got:
Code:
This file already exists but it failed MD5 verification.
The current version of the file will be deleted and the file will be re-downloaded.

I'm now satisfied that I have the right hackmii_installer_v1.2.zip. Now if I could only find bootmii_sd_files.zip.
I have a stock download laying around, but I do not have it in zip format. Not sure how it sets it up, want to give it a try with the checksum verification? (Technically you are not allowed to redistribute BootMii, but if it's down...) Not really fair for the users who need the files.

Edit: 900th message :0

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i also found the hackmii installer files, but the problem now is the bootmii_sd_files.zip
if someone have them please upload them..

the files missing URL is: static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

it is weird since hackmii.com is working...

i would like to get the correct zip for use with hackmii.. i am too noob\scared for do another way, there are lots of tutorials but i'd like to use this one...

even if we are not allowed to distribute files, the server is down and the devs can´t be contacted/found so in my opinion this reason should void the "no distribute" rule....

saykrus

Trophies
XP
Country
After getting all the correct files, i copied everything properly to SD, then when i put it in the Wii, and clicked the envelope in messages, the wii just resets and does nothing, is this a common issue? is there a known fix?

l0cust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings fellow users. I have skulked back to the forums in search of answers. I hope that one of you kind souls will be able to provide.

I have but one question. The contents of ModMii require that an SD card be used. Unfortunately, my laptop's slim design (and faulty manufacturing conceptualization) doesn't afford an SD Card slot. My question is this: is there any alternatives to using an SD Card for installation purposes? Couldn't I use an USB drive instead?

Thank you for your time. ;)

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few weeks since the site's been down, and there hasn't been any word on a revival. For those looking for the missing BootMii files, I found this thread over on Reddit about ModMii. It contains the files.

CesarN642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I'm having this issue using the Abstinence Wizard in ModMii v6.3.1. I am able to go through all the steps smoothly to install sneek with no softmods but when Modmii begins to retrieve the files for me, it produces an error report. This is what appears in the text box regarding the issue.
==================================================
4.3U Emulated NAND created by ModMii on Thu 07/03/2014
==================================================
setting.txt built using this serial: LU521175683
nSwitch Channel Installed
Mii Channel Installed
------
Errors
------
Casper: Missing
I'm assuming this happens because giantpune's website is down and Modmii is unable to download Casper from it or is there something other than that that is causing the issue?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
A large amount of assets are down... you're gonna have to wait it out and hope for the best. Remember, if anyone needs the bootmii sd files or hackmii installer, PM me.

GIANT FUCKING EDIT: I FOUND THE CASPER FILES!! they verify successfully in Modmii, PM me your email if you need them

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey everyone, long time no post. Just wanted to say that even though I don't always log in I still check up on this thread every so often. I saw the website was down but that's what happens w free hosting unfortunately. Thankfully it's back online now. As tj mentioned u can always grab modmii directly from the Google code page.

Also, about missing downloads... I designed modmii to keep a backup of the vital files that tend to go down frequently in ModMii's temp folder. So I encourage you to download everything now while you can still find the files online most of the time so that way if u ever want to use ModMii years from now it will still work properly. I personally have a complete backup of the ModMii temp folder for emergencies but I don't intend on uploading any of it for the usual reasons.

Anyways, thanks everyone for continuing to use ModMii and to all my old 'temp buddies, I miss all our good times and hope there's time in the future for us to collaborate on a new project sometime.

XFlak

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
-snip-
XFlak

its possible to make an option inside modmii for make a "offline" version? i tried to download every single thing so modmii saves into the temp folder but some stuff get conflits or are dependent on something (for example wiibrand requires a mac adress)

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are these file hosting server problems still there? Thinking about updating my softmodded wii to the latest packages... How do I check if that is even necessary?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP