JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
if u used modmii properly all should be working fine. You probably made a mistake somewhere. Please post a syscheck log in spoilers, or just load it using modmii to see if anything is amiss.
I suggest you link to the guide in my signature for SysChecks. I just updated it.

X BattousaiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@X BattousaiX,
U running windows 8 or something?
Try opening a cmd window where wilbrand.exe is saved (ModMii's temp folder) and enter the following:
Code:
wilbrand.exe 0017ab4ba245 mm/dd/yyyy 4.3U "X:"
just insert the correct date and replace X: with the drive letter of your sd card (or the path of your copy to sd folder)

No, I'm running windows 7. At least I know why wilbrand wasn't running, my C:\ModMii\temp has 2 things, the temp.txt file and wabat.bat.

I'll delete my modmii installer as well as the modmii file on my cdrive and re-download the installer and see if that works. Still, I don't get why wilbrand wasn't saved. For all I know my internet just messed up my download yesterday >.> I'll edit this once I'm done doing everything from scratch. Thanks for the fast response.

EDIT 1: So I finally opened the command prompt in the modmii\temp folder and typed in the code you gave me and hit enter. Unfortunately, its still failing to download. Did I do something improperly/failed to follow your instructions? It wouldn't surprise me, as I'm not the most skilled at computers/programming >.<

EDIT 2: starting over again. I noticed that in the command prompt, I was hitting the incorrect key, so I'll start over just to make sure I've done everything properly. Hopefully that'll fix it.

EDIT 3: I've finally finished reodoing everything. I've re-installed mod mii, then went to the modmii.bat and edited the line of code as stated on the first post of this thread, then launched and attempted to download all the required files.

Once that was done, both wilbrand AND hackmii installer failed to download, and I used command prompt to add the line you suggested in your post to me. I have yet to notice any improvements. I will try once again, but this time without changing the first line of code in the modmii.bat. Guh, this isn't hard, and yet it clearly has no desire to work for me v.v

edit 4: Tried from scratch once again using the new installer. Now it downloads 55 files, and wilbrand still fails to download. I'm honestly just expecting that I'll have to use a different method like letterbomb at this point :/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u don't need to do any modding of modmii.bat, in fact that could be causing problems depending on what you're doing

is wilbrand.exe saved to ModMii's temp folder? You say there was nothing in there, but the pic you submitted earlier shows wilbrand's help menu, indicating that it was downloaded but the arguments passed to it were incorrect. It's possible that the vbs script I use to get the date is for some reason failing for u. Anyways, if all ur missing is wilbrand, you can manually download it from HERE

X BattousaiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u don't need to do any modding of modmii.bat, in fact that could be causing problems depending on what you're doing

is wilbrand.exe saved to ModMii's temp folder? You say there was nothing in there, but the pic you submitted earlier shows wilbrand's help menu, indicating that it was downloaded but the arguments passed to it were incorrect. It's possible that the vbs script I use to get the date is for some reason failing for u. Anyways, if all ur missing is wilbrand, you can manually download it from HERE

Yeah, I should explain why it was missing.

Whenever I run the modmii installer, the modmii\temp folder is pretty much empty. Only once I start to download everything does the wilbrand.exe file appear in the modmii\temp folder.

In any case, I'll try downloading it with the link you gave me and see if that helps.

EDIT: Downloaded it and placed it in the modmii/temp folder. Should I just run it by itself or keep using modmii?

Edit 2: I am completely retarded and kept forgetting to include a certain little bit of information called 4.3u. Derp derp. reattempting now >.<

Edit 3: So this still doesn't help. Now I know its in the folder, and I did use the command prompt for the line you gave me. But since I've made sure wilbrand.exe is in the modmii\temp folder, is it safe to launch it on my wii? I'm assuming not though.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k503/Hackedglitch265/Modmiierror2.jpg picture showing both the error and the line being added to command prompt. Can I be hopeful that since it has been copied to some obscure file on the "copy to sd" folder that it IS good to go?

X BattousaiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should be good to go, worst case it won't work, there is no risk to your console

Alright, thanks a lot. I'll follow the custom guide and hope it works.

Glad to hear the worst case is that it simply won't work rather than an unfortunate bricking of my wii.

Killercal

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my SysCheck
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Priilaoder installed
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS0
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID :###
Boot2 v4
Found 167 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[75] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 2013/03/17.

Killercal

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the games in USB Config loader don't work anymore. I used to have my HD formated in WBFS and my games worked, eg. SkateIt but ever since I reformatted my HD to FAT32 it just goes to a black screen and freeze when I go to play it. Could it be possible that the game is corrupt?

Killercal

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'll have to try reripping the games that don't work and see if that fixes the problem. Yes, I've got the latest version from ModMii.

X BattousaiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally followed the custom generated guide, worked like a charm.

Absolutely no problems during the installations. Now my wii's menu is black/red, and it looks so good.

Thanks a lot for your help XFlak, and to all the hackers out there for making it this easy for us =P.

EDIT: there's no way to change my vote is there? Since it has worked for me now? Oh well.

Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
wads installation questions

question.1:can i use any other wad managers to install the wads downloaded by modmii?

question.2: before installing any wads on MMM,can i reload ios 236 just to be installing wads without errors?

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MMM is the best WAD manager.
The only problem is that don't support new wiimotes. =(
edit: and Yes, is recommended to use IOS236

But if you want you can use WAM (that automatically will use IOS236 and support new wiimotes)

The usage is similar.

Reactions: XFlak

Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
MMM is the best WAD manager.
The only problem is that don't support new wiimotes. =(
edit: and Yes, is recommended to use IOS236

But if you want you can use WAM (that automatically will use IOS236 and support new wiimotes)

The usage is similar.

What about reloading ios 236 before using ios 236 installer?

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are talking about eat an apple without having it? You are talking about magic, not modding. :lol:
First you must use IOS 236 installer, than you can use IOS236.

My tips: Follow the step of the guide created by ModMii. ;)

Reactions: Kareem

Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You are talking about eat an apple without having it? You are talking about magic, not modding. :lol:
First you must use IOS 236 installer, than you can use IOS236.

My tips: Follow the step of the guide created by ModMii. ;)

will doing every steps correctly by modmii's generated guide brick a wii?

i have softmodded 2 wiis using mauifrog's guide but i will have to use modmii for the next one.

Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The only way to have a brick using ModMii is:
- A black-out during WAD installation (but only for some files)
- God want it
is there is a way to prevent bricks during the softmodding process or is there is any other safer softmod guide?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no one has ever bricked using ModMii, and there is no safer method (although there are probably other guides that are equally safe). One of the first steps of your modmii guide is to make a nand backup, that backup can be used to recover from any normal type of brick, although u may need to send it to someone like DeadlyFoez to repair it unless you have an older model wii, in which case recovery with bootmii installed to boot2 is very easy.

Assuming you're following a ModMii Wizard guide, the only risk of bricking is if you lose power during the installation of priiloader, your system menu IOS WAD, or a system menu WAD (which is often not even required to be installed). Basically, if u lose power at the exact wrong moment u can brick, but the total time where power failure may lead to brick is about 5-30 seconds (about 30 seconds only if a system menu WAD is being installed, which is only a part of your guide if you're starting on a system menu version of 4.0 or less). Even if this happens, you can recover your wii using your nand backup and some infectus modchip knowhow. And if you're wii is an older model, you can recover even if you don't have a nand backup or infectus.

The only way to protect against a semi-brick due to power loss is to get yourself a surge protector with battery backup. But as I said, even newer model wii's can be recovered as long as you have a nand backup.

Reactions: Kareem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la