Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak,

Any reason I keep getting this? Am I the only one?

Code:
Building UNEEK+DI neek2o rev80
neek2o Enabled (can be changed in options)
SNEEK and SNEEK+DI SD Access Disabled (can be changed in options)
Downloading Official Sneek Installer (v0.7a)
Downloading Autoit
Downloading 0000000e.app from IOS80
Downloading White font.bin (this can be changed to Black in Options)
Grabbing Modules for neek2o Rev80
'Corrupted' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
WARNING: Some files Required for the neek2o install are missing.
Aborting neek2o Installation, check your internet connection
Then repeat the Installation to try again.[/color]
Press any key to return to the Main Menu.

EDIT: rev75 builds OK, it seems a problem with the download file.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Somehow the file wasn't archived appropriately when uploaded, it wasn't a standard zip file. I downloaded it manually, then extracted the files, re-zipped it, and reuploaded it (thx to the neek2o team again for giving me access to their google code page! :D ).

It may take awhile for your cache to clear before being able to download the NEW zip file (cuz it has the same name\download link as before).

If the error is taking too long to go away, you can fix the error manually by downloading this zip file from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwaznz4w824fjce

then save the zip file to where ModMii is saved
temp\neek2o\neek2o-rev80.zip

Then ModMii will operate properly when building neek2o rev80

thx for the bug report! :D

TheRavager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built some emulated virgin nands (4.2 and 4.3) with modmii v6.07 (uneek+di) (78 and 75) or was it (75 and 72) for the neek. It builds fine without error. However, every attempt and every configuration attempt fails to boot. I've wiped cache, config files etc. They are written of course. I've copied cert.sys to sys folder to no avail.

A nand dump (/nands/pl_us1) of my running system boots without incident off of my usb. Inside my neek environment I selected my modmii created nand (/nands/pl_us), neek2o'd out and back it failed. I did wait an extraordinary amount of time before deciding it failed, and tried again and a third time just for shits and giggles. I tried switching the names to the one that worked and it still failed.

I ran my dump through modmii's nand configuration menu and added a few things (i was really scared!) but surprisingly it booted without incident.

So what am I to ponder except something in the nand creation process is lacking? Some folders are lacking of course was I supposed to add the missing folders myself before the copy to usb occured? At a loss here please help.

Edited: for clarity

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built some emulated virgin nands (4.2 and 4.3) with modmii v6.07 (uneek+di) (78 and 75) or was it (75 and 72) for the neek. It builds fine without error. However, every attempt and every configuration attempt fails to boot. I've wiped cache, config files etc. They are written of course. I've copied cert.sys to sys folder to no avail.

A nand dump (/nands/pl_us1) of my running system boots without incident off of my usb. Inside my neek environment I selected my modmii created nand (/nands/pl_us), neek2o'd out and back it failed. I did wait an extraordinary amount of time before deciding it failed, and tried again and a third time just for shits and giggles. I tried switching the names to the one that worked and it still failed.

I ran my dump through modmii's nand configuration menu and added a few things (i was really scared!) but surprisingly it booted without incident.

So what am I to ponder except something in the nand creation process is lacking? Some folders are lacking of course was I supposed to add the missing folders myself before the copy to usb occured? At a loss here please help.

Edited: for clarity
PM XFlak.

Desperation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Are you attempting to run ModMii from your Wii? ModMii is a program you run from your Windows computer, not the Wii. Run ModMii from your computer and use the Wizard option to re-hack your Wii (as I posted before). I thought you were saying your Wii wouldn't boot, but clearly I misunderstood
sorry I wasn't clear, I did run modmii through windows and installed the "copy to SD" items to my formated SD card, but for some reason my wii won't read any of my wii games, backup or original, but it was able to read both a backup and orginal gamecube game (also they were US versions). I saw on a video that someone was able to load bootmii (the programs on the sd card) through the SD card icon on the wii, but that didn't work for me.
Not sure why my wii won't read my wii games though, otherwise I wasn't able to use bootmii yet.....
I was thinking of just buying a Japanese version of SSB and thinking my wii can only read games of it's regions now, but why was it able to load the gamecube games?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='TheRavager'],
ModMii emunands work for most people on the first try, for others it takes some extra effort. The "missing" files\folders are created on first boot of the fresh emunand, and are not an issue. Sometimes a fresh emunand gets "stuck", and required a hard shut down, but will work on the second attempt (both attempts may take awhile until the wii menu is actually booted). Sometimes emunands have issues being "expanded" on the first boot when stored on certain HDDs, so you could try booting a ModMii emunand using sneek, then after successfully booting the emunand copy it to a USB for use with uneek or uneek+di.

@[member='Desperation'],
Sounds like you did something wrong, or skipped steps. Either way, please follow the error reporting procedure from the first post so we can better understand what you've done so far, also highlight if you had any errors during any step.

Desperation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a step by step of what I did was this:
I used Version 6.0.7
1. I picked, the first option (Modmii Wizard)
2. then clicked yes to re-hack wii
3. I couldn't tell my system version as I updated my wii with a different region update without knowing the consequences and not I can't access my wii settings (internet connections etc.)... it was updated with Just dance 3 (US) which is a fairly new game so I assumed it was at 4.3.
4. I have a Japanese wii so I chose Japan.
5. I chose ? for the next as I wasn't sure which to use.
5.then I chose yes to download active ISOs
6. chose 4.3 to downgrade/upgrade to as it said it's recommended in bold.
7. chose all for channel install.
8. red theme was chosen
9. yes to usb loader
10. chose FAT32 since it was recommended in bold
11. the chose configurable USB loader, recommended in bold
12. chose SD as I wasn't sure how to use the USB
though I'm not sure how this contributes to the disk errors I'm getting? But any help is appreciated!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
3. I couldn't tell my system version as I updated my wii with a different region update without knowing the consequences and not I can't access my wii settings (internet connections etc.)... it was updated with Just dance 3 (US) which is a fairly new game so I assumed it was at 4.3.
Sounds like your partially region changed your Wii. After successfully completing the ModMii Wizard guide (sounds like you already did, but I have to say that just in case), use ModMii's region changing wizard to help you region change properly to whatever region you want. After doing that, all your problems should be solved. FYI, the first step to both guides is a nand backup, don't skip it.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your partially region changed your Wii. After successfully completing the ModMii Wizard guide (sounds like you already did, but I have to say that just in case), use ModMii's region changing wizard to help you region change properly to whatever region you want. After doing that, all your problems should be solved. FYI, the first step to both guides is a nand backup, don't skip it.
Wait, if he chose Japan, wouldn't it download the SM for the Japanese Region if that's what he chose?

redion1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your help and discussion of my issue. I've also found that trying to open the Operations Guide causes a crash as well, and I think they may be related.
I also looked at the messaging section of the Wii Menu, and the auto-complete works fine there. Going to test a VC game now, and see if the Operations Guide works there.

EDIT: Well, the VC game worked. So it's not a general Operations Guide issue - can anyone tell me how the Internet Channel guide runs? Does it separate out into another executable?

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One question about Priiloader 236 Mod : 0.7. that can be downloaded with ModMii:
I know that actually dacotaco is still working on v0.8... but no one have only re-compiled Priiloader 236 Mod : 0.7 (that is GREAT version) with new libogc for make be possibile to use with new controllers?

(edit: i search source code for that version but i didn't find it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...