OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi,

It is possible to update Modmii for the last neek2o revision?
On google code i can see the revision 80.
But under Download in Modmii the last revision is only up to 75.

I don't see rev80 anywhere here do you?
http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list

wonderdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well if you still have the files from the wizard, just use those, no need to redo them. just downgrade an run the files as before. as far as updating at the end, that would be your choice. IMOP, i would just stay at 1.0.8. thats were i'm staying, an it hasn't effected me running none of the apps i have.(though i don't update to often unless some thing stops working.). like i always say to my kids "if it's not broke, don't fix it."
Well, I've downdgraded HBC to 1.0.8 and although it recognises when I 'load' the IOS236 Installer now, it just goes to a black screen and needs the 5 second power reset. In fact, this is the same for Simple IOS Patcher and SysCheck so I can't even get a SysCheck log (Xflak's request).

Any advice on how best to proceed?

Thanks.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you still have the files from the wizard, just use those, no need to redo them. just downgrade an run the files as before. as far as updating at the end, that would be your choice. IMOP, i would just stay at 1.0.8. thats were i'm staying, an it hasn't effected me running none of the apps i have.(though i don't update to often unless some thing stops working.). like i always say to my kids "if it's not broke, don't fix it."
Well, I've downdgraded HBC to 1.0.8 and although it recognises when I 'load' the IOS236 Installer now, it just goes to a black screen and needs the 5 second power reset. In fact, this is the same for Simple IOS Patcher and SysCheck so I can't even get a SysCheck log (Xflak's request).

Any advice on how best to proceed?

Thanks.
so according to the first post, you have boot @boot2. so your wii was a 4.2 or lower when you first got the wii, then you updated the wii to 4.3?
how did you update the wii? was it through a update promp or was it through a game? sounds like one of the ios is screwed up. what wad manager do you have/using?

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so according to the first post, you have boot @boot2. so your wii was a 4.2 or lower when you first got the wii, then you updated the wii to 4.3?
how did you update the wii? was it through a update promp or was it through a game? sounds like one of the ios is screwed up. what wad manager do you have/using?
yes, @boot2 appears to be working fine.
It's an old Wii and definitely 4.2 or lower, the problem is I can't remember how it got to 4.3, although if I had to guess I would say it was via a game.

As for a wad manager, I haven't got one that I know of and I don't use one..

Not sure if any of the above helps, but any pointers with how I should proceed would be great.

Thanks again.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi,

It is possible to update Modmii for the last neek2o revision?
On google code i can see the revision 80.
But under Download in Modmii the last revision is only up to 75.

I don't see rev80 anywhere here do you?
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

I saw it on the source page.
http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/source/list

you can ask obcd or overjoy to compile r80 and then it will be seen by modmii

edit:
@memrat, you can try restoring an older nand dump if u have one. And if u don't u can try running cboot2 to install a patched IOS. Btw, can u load MMM from the HBC?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so according to the first post, you have boot @[member='boot2490']. so your wii was a 4.2 or lower when you first got the wii, then you updated the wii to 4.3?
yes, @[member='boot2490'] appears to be working fine.
It's an old Wii and definitely 4.2 or lower, the problem is I can't remember how it got to 4.3, although if I had to guess I would say it was via a game.

As for a wad manager, I haven't got one that I know of and I don't use one..

Not sure if any of the above helps, but any pointers with how I should proceed would be great.

Thanks again.
ok run the hackmiithat you used to get 1.0.8 an when it ask about boot2 or ios. put boot 2 at ios.( if boot2 is at boot2, you can have both with no problems). it will put boot2 on ios154. then try an do what you were doing the first time, with ios236. still not sure how your able to have boot2 were it is, as far as i understood it gets over writen when you update to 4.3.. but i'm still learning so it is possable.

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@memrat, you can try restoring an older nand dump if u have one. And if u don't u can try running cboot2 to install a patched IOS. Btw, can u load MMM from the HBC?
Hi XFlak - I don't have a NAND dump and so I'll search for cboot2 to install a patched IOS as you suggested. Also, MMM cannot be run from HBC either (does nothing when clicking 'load').

EDIT: This the right one: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=5416 ?

Thanks.

ok run the hackmiithat you used to get 1.0.8 an when it ask about boot2 or ios. put boot 2 at ios.( if boot2 is at boot2, you can have both with no problems). it will put boot2 on ios154. then try an do what you were doing the first time, with ios236. still not sure how your able to have boot2 were it is, as far as i understood it gets over writen when you update to 4.3.. but i'm still learning so it is possable.
I tried running 1.0.8 HackMii and selecting boot2 as IOS (although it said it was already installed) and there was no change. I can't run apps from HBC, bah...

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok, ah goobalie gook,(as my 7yr say's cause he can't curse). this might be that you had an updated homebrew(can't remember what version it is). but when 4.3 came out. you could keep homebrew,but all the cios/ios would end up getting stubbed. so you'll have homebrew, but nothing would work.(this is what happened to me when i first started with modding, an didn't know any thing about priloader,or cios stubs an so on.). i know how others feel. about what i'm going to say. :P.
the way i fixed mine an got every thing working after my little problem. was do a system format. offline, an if you do have priiloader, uninstall it. or turn it off if you have any of the block features active.(block updates on disk or online). though you'll still be on system menu 4.3 after formating. you can rehack using letterbomb.( i used smash stack) but this would only be an xstream case. please make sure you follow an try xflax's way first. try mine as a last resort.
hope you get things running again.

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok, ah goobalie gook,(as my 7yr say's cause he can't curse). this might be that you had an updated homebrew(can't remember what version it is). but when 4.3 came out. you could keep homebrew,but all the cios/ios would end up getting stubbed. so you'll have homebrew, but nothing would work.(this is what happened to me when i first started with modding, an didn't know any thing about priloader,or cios stubs an so on.). i know how others feel. about what i'm going to say. :P.
the way i fixed mine an got every thing working after my little problem. was do a system format. offline, an if you do have priiloader, uninstall it. or turn it off if you have any of the block features active.(block updates on disk or online). though you'll still be on system menu 4.3 after update. you can rehack using letterbomb.( i used smash stack) but this would only be an xstream case. please make sure you follow an try xflax's way first. try mine as a last resort.
hope you get things running again.
Thanks for the info.

I'm just trying to read up about cboot2 and I'm totally lost. I'll wait for XFlak before doing anything I think...

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
at this point just see about using cboot2 to launch mmm, it's odd that u cant even launch any app from the HBC, so just confirming that u can load an app via cboot2 is enough info to move forward
Thanks XFlak,

I'm just reading up on how to install/run this as it wont load from HBC as it is straight from the download...

I'll post back once I've got the info I need.

Thanks.

memrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
at this point just see about using cboot2 to launch mmm, it's odd that u cant even launch any app from the HBC, so just confirming that u can load an app via cboot2 is enough info to move forward
Hi again.

I downloaded a file I 'found' (PM me if you need to know which one to help me further) and, when booting with the SD card in it auto boots to MMM v13.2 via cboot2.

How best to proceed? (I did try placing SysCheck in the apps folder, but when trying to run it I got the error 'error launching app')

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='memrat'], you can now install the WADs ModMii recommended for you. This will at least get cIOSs installed on your Wii, but I'm not sure if it will solve your HBC loading apps issue.

@[member='girl_wii'], ModMii Skin is a gui for ModMii, ModMii can do everything ModMii Skin can do, but not the other way around.

Desperation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the thing: I have a hard modded Japanese Wii and I updated it with a different region update (yeah I'm stupid I know...) and now it won't read any of my back up disks or my Super Smash Bros/ Just Dance Disks (US region) so how do I use modmii properly without a way to boot it up?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the thing: I have a hard modded Japanese Wii and I updated it with a different region update (yeah I'm stupid I know...) and now it won't read any of my back up disks or my Super Smash Bros/ Just Dance Disks (US region) so how do I use modmii properly without a way to boot it up?
If you can't get your Wii to boot at all (not even into Bootmii), then you will not be able to make use of ModMii. If you want to see if you can get into Bootmii, fire of ModMii, enter '2' (Download Page for apps and such), enter 'BSD' (Bootmii SD files) and then 'd' (to download). Copy the files to the root of your SD card, put it in your Wii and see if Bootmii starts up. If it does, you'll be able to recover just fine using the ModMii wizard, saying yes to hacking your Wii for the first time (it will get everything up-to-date for you and should fix it all).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol