• Yes!

Votes: 829 81.9%
  • No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about damysterman new project with neo gamma loading through disk channel. is that going be in the next version of modmii or is it in there now?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my sisters BF wants me to softmod his Wii,he's had it since the very beginning never been chipped or modded etc.

He's currently on 4.2E should it be updated to 4.3 before proceeding to mod it?
Updating to 4.3 isn't necessary. Although... it is recommended to update your IOSes though, in order to play the latest games.

Install Priiloader, as well to avoid the odd mistake from happening (in regards to disc/on-line updates).

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do Not Install IOS80 as that's for 4.3 (not for either 4.2 or 4.1).

Download the patched version of IOS70 (4.2 system IOS) using ModMii.

Edit: it would be simpler to go through the SoftMod Wizard. It downloads the recommended IOSes and anything else, that you'll need to install on the console which your softmodding.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't even bad advice, read it again...

I didn't even say anything about updating the system menu, only the IOSes.

I forgot to include this in my previous post: Do Not Install IOS80 as that's for 4.3, not for either 4.2 or 4.1.
Sorry man, I'm in a bad mood and I misread your post. I shouldn't have responded like that anyway.

grifter.be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, there was a time i might have this before, but i did not do it then.

I use neogama r9 and my system is 4.1e

i can play everthing exept driver san fran and back to the future.

So i installed modmii...

But what do i have to do?

I would like to keep playing everything i already can. I would love to shop on the channel, i have lots of money still on my wii and i would love to be able to play Back to the future. but the game starts but resets to wii menu screen once i try to select a chapter. a better looking loader then neogama would be welcome too...

So i used the modmii, but what should i download? Do i need to update?

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering can you play backup/copied disks using modmii,do you just have to install the usb loader or does it use neogamma.

thanks
craig

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not all wii's are able to play backup discs, only the older model dvd-drives can read burned discs.

After using the modmii wizard, if you insert a backup disc it will show up in the disc channel if the Wii is able to play backup discs. Note that you will not be able to actually start the game from the disc channel, only see the game banner load in the disc channel.

If you're Wii isn't able to play backup discs, you're only option is usb-loading (or replacing the dvd-drive\Wii with an older model), and even if you can play backup discs, usb-loading is superior anyways.

If you still want to pursure backup disc loading, after running the ModMii Wizard, you can download\use a usb-loader or neogamma (from ModMii's download page 2), just have modmii save it to your sd card then load it from the homebrew channel (or you can install\use a forwarder channel instead of the HBC)

A few days ago another method of booting backup discs was released but this method uses the disc channel itself. If this interests you, you can find more info here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/321110-poc-boot-neogamma-via-disc-channel/

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So will be less hassle to just load from usb,do you just move an iso image of the game into your usb drive or sd card to play it on the wii i am unsure about that,that why i was contemplating using burnt discs,also would you recommend upgrading my firmware on the modmii wizard i have just checked my wii and it is 3.3E, would there be any advantages in having modmii upgrade my wii to 4.2 or 4.3,any advice would be great thanks XFLAK.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the usb-loading section of your guide will explain how to manage your game backups (and also how to properly format your HDD for use with the Wii), the guide even has instructional videos!!. Basically use the program "Wii Backup Manager" that ModMii will download for you. It will automatically convert\split games if necessary in a fashion that is compatible with usb-loaders. Also, if you are ripping discs directly from your Wii, they will be saved in the appropriate fashion right from the start.

ModMii will recommend you upgrade to 4.1, there is no benefit of 4.2\4.3 over 4.1, it's only an option in ModMii due to popular demand (some people will always think newer is better even when told otherwise). All 4.2/4.3 added was more security in an attempt to stop softmodding, they are pretty much the same as 4.1 except 4.1 won't try to delete older versions of the homebrew channel and a few other things.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
XFlak

i followed you guide and its great
i get this tho whenever i try to update covers
imag0807j.jpg

CFG USB loader

no idea why this occurs

cambi22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot for your help bud, i will go to 4.1 and then just follow the guide after i have run modmii,just one last thing will all external hard drives play the wii games or is there certain ones that wont.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there is a compatibility list on the 'temp somewhere, there will be a link to it in your custom guide (in the important notes section). Anything Seagate or Western Digital will generally always work, but the list is pretty comprehensive so you should check it out before buying anything. But you should also note that some entries on the list could be outdated, and with newer cIOSs compatibility may have improved. So there is no harm in trying a HDD that isn't on the list, worst case scenario it just won't be loaded, then you can try a different USB HDD.

@[member='Pong20302000'],
You should post your problem in the configurable usb-loader thread. It looks like you're using NTFS, FAT32 is more stable, but still NTFS should work so I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it just one game in particular that crashes when u try to download the cover, or any game?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
@[member='Pong20302000'],
You should post your problem in the configurable usb-loader thread. It looks like you're using NTFS, FAT32 is more stable, but still NTFS should work so I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it just one game in particular that crashes when u try to download the cover, or any game?

i have tryed posting there also

is it becuase im using a 1TB USB 2 Western Digital HDD?

i have a USB 3.5 (3.5 is the USB type not the size) 1TB HDD also, would this work with the Wii?

any cover
any game this happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1