Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, I feel kinda stupid for not thinking of that before! But I can do you one better... instead of checking what the current environmental variable is I can just set a new path locally (ie. only applied when running ModMii). It's as simple as adding the line "set path=%SystemRoot%\system32" at the start of modmii. I'll add that to the next update, so now there's only the small modmii window "bug" to worry about adding to the first post... sweeeeet :D

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, I feel kinda stupid for not thinking of that before! But I can do you one better... instead of checking what the current environmental variable is I can just set a new path locally (ie. only applied when running ModMii). It's as simple as adding the line "set path=%SystemRoot%\system32" at the start of modmii. I'll add that to the next update, so now there's only the small modmii window "bug" to worry about adding to the first post... sweeeeet :D

*slap* WHY DIDNT YOU THINK OF THAT BEFORE!? Silly XFlak :P
But if I recall correctly the font "bug" appeared quite a few version after I first used it to mod my Wii (september)... So, did you change anything that mightve caused it? Or maybe theres a way to set the font etc locally like the path?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
about the font, I had someone (geovalley) do some extensive testing to support other languages and he told me it fixed all his issues if he added "chcp 1252" to ModMii (see 4.7.6 & 4.8.2 changelogs for more info). I'm fairly certain this is what is causing the small ModMii window issue because "chcp 1252" changes the codepage to (ANSI Latin 1, Western European). So basically the solution to one problem caused another.

I think I have an idea to fix both issues, but I need geovalley to test it, I'm going to PM him now.

edit: looks like geovalley hasn't been on the 'temp in about a month. But I think if I change "chcp 1252" to "chcp 437" in ModMii then it will fix the small screen issue and hopefully won't break anything else. Anyone running Chinese Windows 7 able to test changing "chcp 1252" to "chcp 437" in support\ModMii.bat (up near the very top of the file) and confirm they can still build a d2x cIOS without modmii crashing?

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sneek wont load up no matter what i do, tried reinstalling too. i waited 10 mins for first time load, still blank screen & infinite flashing disc light after a min.
+ uneek-di, 4.3u, everything installed, real serial (tried default too), all channels (tried none too)
+ moved all sd files to sd, all usb files to usb
+ installed neek2o
+ tried copying bootmii folder /w real nand+keys in usb
+ put a wii game in \games discex format
copy everything from modmii perfectly /w nothing deleted. i open sneek channel from wii, see white box /w writing on black screen for nanosecond, then blank. please help!

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone told me to delete all the title\~01\~02 files except settings. Now can't get postloader to work in sneek (black screen no response). I'll install HBC now, but anyone know why ploader won't work?

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue after updating my ios/cios with Modmii. So I installed the wads modmii created for me with MMM and after that I went into wiiflow to test out Mw3 with ios224 (57) which modmii created for me. So yeah the game launched and all BUT when I click on my wii remotes home button and click return to wii menu or w/e my wii hangs on a black screen while still being on AND my wii remote turns off. I had to hard power my wii off and then I turned it back on; went into wiiflow again and switched mw3 to load with ios250 (57) launched the game and then I clicked my wii remotes home button, exited and my wii didn't hang on a black screen.

This didn't happen before updating my ios/cios with modmii..so any help guys? Should I post a syscheck?

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've been testing things out and Its for all games that require ios224 not just mw3. when I load a game that needs ios 224 and I exit the game that's being loaded with ios224 via wii remote home button back to the wii menu..my wii hangs on a black screen. So my problem is how do I fix it? Is their something in Modmii that could possibly fix this? Maybe downgrading ios224?

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I get ya thanks for the help anyway dude. Btw this app of yours..its SICK!!!!!!!! I wish this was around back when I modded my wii Jan-2009 lol

EDIT: x-flak do you recommend installing d2x8 beta?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone told me to delete all the title\~01\~02 files except settings. Now can't get postloader to work in sneek (black screen no response). I'll install HBC now, but anyone know why ploader won't work?
read the thread for pl3. an post any an all problems with postloader there. besides as far an as much as i read, postloader doesn't work in sneek. only in uneek/neek2o.
an deleting titles was a bad move. to read those you should have used showmii wads/nand. those files are part of your nand. so you need to start over with a fresh build, if you emptied you trash bin.( if not just restore those files)

yixiar

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My system is 3.2u. I want update the IOS to the newest one. When I run Modmii, it can't give me any wizard except upgrade to 4.x. But I want keep 3.2u.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

pl3 "should" work under sneek... how you are trying to run postloader ? With the forwarder channel or with neekbooter.dol installed in priiloader ?

Why you have deleted title\~01\~02 folders ?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='yixiar'], ModMii knows better than u, and it's better to be on 4.1 than 3.2. If you want to insist on staying on 3.2, just don't install any system menu's or themes from modmii's guide and u will safely stay on 3.2. Or you can run modmii's syscheck updater which ignores system menu versions and themes all together

WeeBabyDoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I'm really hoping someone can help me...
I'm on version 4.2, non-virgin wii....I am installing Cios250 and it has come up with error 1035.
Can someone please help? Can tried re-installing it but have no idea what to do next....terrified to turn off the wii to let my man watch TV.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
use modmii's syscheck updater feature. Just download syscheck beta from modmii's download page 2, run it on your wii, it will save a syscheck.csv file onto your sd card, drag and drop that file onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and generate a guide for u to update everything.

if u just want install cIOS250, make sure u load a patched IOS in your wad manager, like IOS236 for example, before trying to install wads

yixiar

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@[member='yixiar'], ModMii knows better than u, and it's better to be on 4.1 than 3.2. If you want to insist on staying on 3.2, just don't install any system menu's or themes from modmii's guide and u will safely stay on 3.2. Or you can run modmii's syscheck updater which ignores system menu versions and themes all together

syscheck crashed before it generates report.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small