Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

spweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neek2o is enabled by default, so you'll need to deactivate it in the options to turn it off. It could be that you just don't have a game on your USB drive/stick - I think even with Sneek2o + DI you need one in either the /games folder (converted with Modmii) or the /wbfs folder (in .wbfs format).

I actually can't get standard Sneek + DI to work myself - the USB stick blinks a couple of times when booting and files are created, but no A/V is output to the television.

I can't get DML working on Sneek2o + DI, either (though that might not be surprising since I've heard that there are some compatibility issues with DML on neek2o). Whenever I choose the GC game from the list, it reloads the Wii game on my USB stick instead. Even worse, messing with the hook settings in the menu creates a situation where my Wii saves a "USBC7" file to my USB stick that makes Sneek unable to read the stick (and which Windows claims it can't find, making deletion annoying) - this file is presumably the reason that the settings become unalterable and the Disc Channel actually does become the Gamecube channel... but trying to load the GC game causes the system to shut down or code dump.

I'll have to play around with older revisions.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that It isn't directly related to modmii, but I'm becaming crazy (ok, not so much difference than before :P) ... but I'm trying to install wani cios249-v17 (ios38 based) to slot 247. So, in modmii A->24917->247->N->Y->D. The wad cIOS247-v17b.wad is created and I can install without problem. Both pl3 and mighty c. can load it but none of them are able to enable emulation. Any idea ?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I think that It isn't directly related to modmii, but I'm becaming crazy (ok, not so much difference than before :P) ... but I'm trying to install wani cios249-v17 (ios38 based) to slot 247. So, in modmii A->24917->247->N->Y->D. The wad cIOS247-v17b.wad is created and I can install without problem. Both pl3 and mighty c. can load it but none of them are able to enable emulation. Any idea ?
Go ahead and try the official installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?outdib8nb0cjwn1
It will only work in 249/250, but after you test it you can install your old wads.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well... I tried everything over again, and SNEEK+DI won't seem to load up for me. Does it just not work with some SD cards? I followed all the steps and properly backed up my NAND, but meh, no luck.
have u tried neek2o and neek? If not, disable the "n2o" setting in modmii's options page and try building neek
Sneek+di is broken in the latest neek2o revs (overjoy is looking into it).
Uneek+di however works fine.. I suggest you use that..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='stfour'],
I'm not 100% sure about this, but wasn't mighty channels and even postloader optimized to work with d2x cIOSs? If so, then it's no wonder some things are broken with the older cIOS, but in all honestly you probably know better than me since you're the brains behind postloader. I'm positive that the installer joostin linked you too won't give u better results... in fact if anything it should give u worse results. The installer he linked to was for rev17, the version that comes with modmii is rev17b, which fixes the dvd dual layer bug present in rev17. AFAIK the only apps that can install rev17b are sciifii and modmii. Also, when ModMii started building cIOSs they were tested extensively... not to ensure they were perfect, but to ensure they behaved exactly like the cIOSs installed by the official installer.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the big problem is that themanuel was able to install 24917 on slot 247 and he tried both postloader and mighty channel. Postloader crashed, mc worked. So I wanted to debug it to solve the issue. But I have no way to use it.

pl should support it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think as long as it works with the d2x cIOSs then it's fine. Rev17 is really outdated and shame on anyone using it as their main cIOS :P

unfortunately I don't have any more insights to share... I don't even use nand emulation personally, not when neek's available. But if there's ever something I can do to help you out let me know and I'll do my best :D

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

New to the wii scene,

i have a SanDisk adaptor, and a 2GB micro sandisk card, ive copied all the files to the SD card, and tried formatting to FAt and FAT32, every time i insert the memory card, i get "The Device inserted in the SD Card slot cannot be used."

Any ideas?

Thanks

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

New to the wii scene,

i have a SanDisk adaptor, and a 2GB micro sandisk card, ive copied all the files to the SD card, and tried formatting to FAt and FAT32, every time i insert the memory card, i get "The Device inserted in the SD Card slot cannot be used."

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not 100% sure but I think the Wii only supports SD Cards and not SDHC or micro SD cards. If you have a standard 2GB SD card give it a try.

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

New to the wii scene,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not 100% sure but I think the Wii only supports SD Cards and not SDHC or micro SD cards. If you have a standard 2GB SD card give it a try.

I dont :(
its strange as the Wii 100% picks up the SD card, as on the home screen, i can see the SD card pop up

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='stfour'],
I'm not 100% sure about this, but wasn't mighty channels and even postloader optimized to work with d2x cIOSs?
The mod of Mighty Channels now only works with d2x cIOS's.

If so, then it's no wonder some things are broken with the older cIOS, but in all honestly you probably know better than me since you're the brains behind postloader. I'm positive that the installer joostin linked you too won't give u better results... in fact if anything it should give u worse results.
No harm in trying. Besides, the problem could be with 17b instead of 17.

The installer he linked to was for rev17, the version that comes with modmii is rev17b, which fixes the dvd dual layer bug present in rev17.
Actually I never had that problem. I played all the way through on Metroid Prime Trilogy without issue.

AFAIK the only apps that can install rev17b are sciifii and modmii. Also, when ModMii started building cIOSs they were tested extensively... not to ensure they were perfect, but to ensure they behaved exactly like the cIOSs installed by the official installer.

I think as long as it works with the d2x cIOSs then it's fine. Rev17 is really outdated and shame on anyone using it as their main cIOS :P
Actually you will find that rev17 still works better for a lot of emulated VC/WW. It is often recommended when the latest versions of d2x don't work. Newbie. :P

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IIRC the dual layer bug in rev17 was only present when ripping dual layer games, not playing them. So if you ripped MPT using rev13 (or whichever rev(s) did not have any dual layer bugs) and just played it using rev17 it would have worked fine. But if you try ripping a dual layer game using rev17 something gets screwed up with the backup and it could crash when you reach a certain point. I never experienced it myself either, but that's what the reports were saying (I think rev14 was the same way).

About using rev17 (or any cIOS for that matter) for emulation... I see it as pointless when there's all kinds of sneek and all kinds of sneek loaders that all have near perfect compatibility. I haven't had to use a cIOS in ages for nand emulation, and at this point, I doubt I ever will. Anyways, I don't mean to discourage anyone looking to improve on nand emulation via a cIOS, I'm sure many ppl will want to use it... i'm just not one of them.

I'm gonna start counting how many times you call me a newbie and that's how many friendly punches in the shoulder I'm gonna give you when\if we ever hang out, lol :P

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
IIRC the dual layer bug in rev17 was only present when ripping dual layer games, not playing them. So if you ripped MPT using rev13 (or whichever rev(s) did not have any dual layer bugs) and just played it using rev17 it would have worked fine. But if you try ripping a dual layer game using rev17 something gets screwed up with the backup and it could crash when you reach a certain point. I never experienced it myself either, but that's what the reports were saying (I think rev14 was the same way).
All games were ripped with rev17.

About using rev17 (or any cIOS for that matter) for emulation... I see it as pointless when there's all kinds of sneek and all kinds of sneek loaders that all have near perfect compatibility. I haven't had to use a cIOS in ages for nand emulation, and at this point, I doubt I ever will. Anyways, I don't mean to discourage anyone looking to improve on nand emulation via a cIOS, I'm sure many ppl will want to use it... i'm just not one of them.
NEEK doesn't work for everyone (including me) and not everybody wants to switch between an emu nand and their real nand when they can just play everything from one loader.

I'm gonna start counting how many times you call me a newbie and that's how many friendly punches in the shoulder I'm gonna give you when\if we ever hang out, lol :P
Well stop saying newbie-ish things. :P

spweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

New to the wii scene,

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'd try various things before giving up on the card - wipe the contacts of the microSD card itself with a dry, clean towel, blow lightly into the adapter to remove any dust, reformat as FAT32 with a smaller "allocation unit size" (as Windows calls it), and so forth. I've used a 1GB Sandisk microSD card in a Kingston adapter to run ModMii with no issues, so I'm hesitant to think it's impossible. Any idea what class the card is?

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone told me to delete all the title\~01\~02 files except settings. Now can't get postloader to work in sneek (black screen no response). I'll install HBC now, but anyone know why ploader won't work?

pl3 "should" work under sneek... how you are trying to run postloader ? With the forwarder channel or with neekbooter.dol installed in priiloader ?

Why you have deleted title\~01\~02 folders ?

i found the sneek faq googlecode page http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

i ran neek2o and saw ploader channel in emunand. i tried to load postloader chan and it froze. i want to install wads with hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8