• Total voters

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Plays ALL problem games eg Driver SA.
Well, yes and no, unless they solved it with the latest rev. to my knowledge only a few GX revs. can play problematic games like driver SF, and TinTin is still not playable.

That said, for the rest i agree with Hielkenator, GX really improved immensly. I used it a few times through the years, and i must say, the stability lately is very good and still remains, despite the fact that lots of bells and whistles have been introduced.

thunder.echoes

Gentle Breezes!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the problem I get when I used ModMii. The Priiloader in the downloaded package will not pick up any System Menu Hacks. Not good as the hacks are needed to block the updates, etc.

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Install and\or update all recommended softmods
* Current firmware is 4.1U
* Desired firmware is 4.1U

* Install Dark Wii Blue Theme
* Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
* Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in Options)
* Install a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel (can be disabled in options)

* External Hard Drive to be Formatted as FAT32
* Download Configurable USB-Loader
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

4) INSTALL PRIILOADER
==================

Launch "Priiloader 236 Mod" via the Homebrew Channel

After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the Wii,
then powering it back on while holding reset until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader
I went to the site listed in the guide, but got the same results. I have tried putting the files(hacks_hash & even added hacks) inside the priiloader folder & on the root of the sd. Still the same message: "can't find hacks.ini on NAND or in apps\priiloader\hacks.ini" when "use classic hacks.ini" is on in settings & when it is off I get this "couldn't find any hacks for system menu version: v54449".
My wii was modded using the Softmod ANY Wii Guide, but needed to be updated. Apparently many could not read & follow instructions :blink: so that guide was removed. I needed the lastest updates for it. ModMii is supposed to be easier for most to follow...but what good is it if it does not work?

I need to get the dayum priiloader to work. Any suggestions?

DazaG

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Just used ModMii for the first time on a Wii I got off Ebay. It was on 4.3E so used the lego ind Jones disc. Everything seemed to go great first time, but every time I put in a disc the picture comes up in the corner ok but when I click on start I get an error message up telling me to eject the disc and power off. The discs all work on and older Wii which was soft modded a few years back.
Any one got any ideas where I have gone wrong?
Cheers.

DanielLindgren

Trophies
XP
Well, thx for the replies, but it didn't quite hit the problem, i was maybe a bit unclear. I have two wii-s, the old one is white, the new one is black. I softmodded both of them, to play backups from USB disc. One perticular disc i know has been played in both wii's is Sport Resort, on the black there is one player who got a perfect bolwling score. This score doesn't show up when running from USb disc, it's as if the wii is virgin to the game. When i put the same usb drive in the white wii, whatever score's been made on that machin show up(Well, i'm pretty sure it's so, it's been awhile since i played using discs. So, to clarify, i'm not interested in moving game progress from one machine to another, but I wan't the scores that are in there to show up, if I play from disc or usb...
I installed the games on the white wii, using cfgusbloader, then transferred them to the usb drive of the black wii when i got it from my neighbor recently, using "wiibackupmanager", both usb drives work in the white(old) wii, but none in the black one..is there some kind of serial number thingabob involved with wii games, so it has to be the SAME disc, not just the same title?

Any help appreciated

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a weird issue Daniel, but I can assure you the saves are stored on the Wii.
I have myself copied my Wiisports to my USB HDD and all my highscores are still there from when I played using the disc.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@justjak,
priiloader v0.7 looks for hacks_hash.ini by default. And I beleive it looks in SD:\apps\priiloader\ and in the root for it. There is a setting to use the oldschool hacks.ini if you want, but either should work.
Now that I think about it the reason you can't use the default hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini is because you used the other guide initially and ModMii did not tell you to install a new system menu since you were already on 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3. The other guide actually increases the version # of your system menu, so priiloader isn't finding the hacks for your modified system menu version. To correct this, you can either use a modified hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini (which should have been provided with the other guide, but it's pretty easy to recreate from the standard hacks.ini if you know the modified version # being used) or u can reinstall an unmodified 4.#X system menu and then reinstall priiloader, then u can use the standard hacks because the version # will be the standard #. So basically, either use the hacks from the other guide or repeat the ModMii wizard but make sure to tell it you want a different firmware than the one you started on (or u can manually reinstall your current SM and priiloader and use traditional hacks). But yea, just to clarify, this isn't an issue with ModMii, instead it's compatability issue between the 2 guides you used which will only effect users if they used the other guide before using ModMii and did not select a different firmware when using the ModMii wizard.

@DazaG,
It sounds like you are trying to load a backup disc. Newer wii's are unable to load backup discs (short of replacing the dvd drive). But even assuming the wii is capable of playing backup discs (which in your case it is otherwise u wouldn't see the animation in the disc channel), you should use neogamma or a usb-loader to load your backup discs. If you want to be able to load backup discs from the disc channel, not only must your wii be capable of doing so, you also need to install darkcorp on your Wii. You should do your homework on darkcorp before going that route, it's not without risks. I recommend you download and use neogamma (see ModMii's download page 2) or any usb-loader will be able to launch discs in addition to games off a usb. Oh yea, I forgot to mention usb-loader is far superior to backup disc loading (without a modchip backup discs only play at half speed relative to original retail discs).

@DanielLindgren,
Every game has a unique ID. The same game but from different regions (ie. PAL vs. US) will have different IDs and different saves. It's also possible for custom fan made games to change the ID so they can have their own unique gamesave. Anyways, I suggest you re-rip the original disc where the correct gamesave is showing up, then launch from the newly made backup. That way if the disc u've been playing is different then the one originally on your usb-loader it will start using the same gamesave. And what do u mean both HDD's work on one wii but not the other? You been game saves or the actual HDDs?

DanielLindgren

Trophies
XP
I mean the game backups themselves, the thing i end up with when pressing '+' in cfgusbloader.
I "installed" the games using the white(my first) wii and original discs, onto a usb hdd(still remember what a horrible mess it was to softmod the first wii, trucha bugs, stub thingys and god knows what), then when I got the new (black) wii for my kids i just letterbombed it for hbc, used your awesome Modmii 4.8.2,

and the usb hdd from the white(old) wii, i just transferred the installed games to a second new hdd, to use with the black wii, using WiiBackupManager...so the games on the hdd's are all the same, and they both work in the old wii, but not in the new one, haven't had time to check whether the Resort disc the previous owner used is legit or not, but i'm assuming it is the same region at least, because a different region wouldn't have played on the box, and they are both PAL, 4.3E, am i missing anything? There were no evidence of modding of neither wii before i didi it...i'm quite sure the previous owner wouldn't attempt it anyhow, he doesn't grasp the difference between software and hardware, although he can be really amusing to listen to when he tries to explain something geeky he obviously doesn't understand at all :))...
I'll do as you say and install the game again with their disc, and see if there's any diff's...

sparks97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just like to say thank you to everyone, i downloaded modmii and after reading a lot went ahead and managed to softmod my first wii, it was a 4.3e, everything went smooth from the select wizard to the backup of the nand, now back to more reading up and learning, hope this is in the right place to say thanks as i couldnt find anywhere more appropriate.

thunder.echoes

Gentle Breezes!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@justjak, priiloader v0.7 looks for hacks_hash.ini by default. And I beleive it looks in SD:appspriiloader and in the root for it. There is a setting to use the oldschool hacks.ini if you want, but either should work. Now that I think about it the reason you can't use the default hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini is because you used the other guide initially and ModMii did not tell you to install a new system menu since you were already on 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3. The other guide actually increases the version # of your system menu, so priiloader isn't finding the hacks for your modified system menu version. To correct this, you can either use a modified hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini (which should have been provided with the other guide, but it's pretty easy to recreate from the standard hacks.ini if you know the modified version # being used) or u can reinstall an unmodified 4.#X system menu and then reinstall priiloader, then u can use the standard hacks because the version # will be the standard #. So basically, either use the hacks from the other guide or repeat the ModMii wizard but make sure to tell it you want a different firmware than the one you started on (or u can manually reinstall your current SM and priiloader and use traditional hacks). But yea, just to clarify, this isn't an issue with ModMii, instead it's compatability issue between the 2 guides you used which will only effect users if they used the other guide before using ModMii and did not select a different firmware when using the ModMii wizard.
Thanks for the reply. Since I wanted easy I put the old hash_hacks in the priiloader folder, reinstalled the priiloader just in case & all is working fine. I thought about doing that before I posted but was not sure it would work as the previous priiloader was different. Thanks again for the assist.

bob-sacameno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used ModMii (4.8.2) to fix my really screwed up Wii that had been previously soft modded. Current firmware is 4.1; selected the option in wizard to load 4.1. Get errors/return 2011 when trying to load the following WADs (step 5 in wizard).

* IOS11v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS20v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS30v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS40v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS50v14889 (IOS50v4889 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS52v15661 (IOS52v5661 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS60v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS70v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* IOS80v16174 (IOS60v6174 [FS-ES-NP-VP])

* cIOS202 [60]-v5.1R

* cIOS222 [38]-v4

* cIOS223 [37-38]-v4

* cIOS224 [57]-v5.1R

* cIOS249 [56]-d2x-v7-final

* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58 -SD-USB-v11b -IDCL

Tried multiple times but same results. Installing IOS236 (step 3) was successful; confirmed that all of the following are physically in the "WAD" folder

Ran syscheck (v1.6.2). Got through 80% of the "Testing IOS Vulnerabilities" step and then hangs. It seems the drive is being accessed (flashing blue light). The sysCheck.xls that was created shows:

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U

The system menu v449 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)

Hollywood v0x11

Console ID: 42021755

Boot2 v2

Found 111 titles

Found 36 IOS on this console

Found 12 IOS Stubs on this console

Any inputs/suggestions would be appreciated. Started out as trying to make it better for my son and now it's worst; not too happy with me right now

Thanks!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean NTFS? Then yes. But remember only a handful of apps supports NTFS.
Haha, oops. Yeah, I meant NTFS. That's fine with me as long as the backup compatibility is the same as optimal hard drives.

Most usb loaders work fine with ntfs. Im not sure if the actual loader works on ntfs, so you may have to install the loader on your SD card (fat32 formatted), but the games should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!