Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

erinarenauk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

You helped me a couple of days ago to get my Wii updated using modmii. I am having a couple of niggles now with the USB loader. For some reason when moving the hard drive from the pc to the Wii, I somehow lose some of the games. I had the hard drive connected to the Wii and had 20 or so games. I then connected it to the PC and for some reason only had about 14 games in the wbfs folder? I plugged i back into the Wii and yes, only 14 games. Has anybody come across an issue like this before? Is it likely my hard dive? My configuration is Configurable USB Loader..Hard Drive is partitioned with Apps on FAT32 partition and Games on NTFS partion ripped to wbfs folder. Thanks in advance...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@mhzainn,
you can run ModMii's syscheck updater, the only real benefit you'll get is the new d2x v7 cIOSs, so if u find it easier u can just download the new recommended cIOSs on ModMii's download page 4. Other than that most of ModMii's new features has been related to s\uneek, so there's not much u need to upgrade

@erinarenauk,
I've never heard of something like that happening before. Unless it's happened more than once I'd probably chalk it up to user error (no offence).

erinarenauk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe..no offence taken. I said a couple of niggles as the other day I transfered iso files to the hard drive which couldn't be seen (i'm learning!), I then transfered a couple of my game DVD's which showed up. I plugged the hard drive into my PC and moved the ISO's into the same folder as the ripped games, put back in my Wii and no games showed. When I put back in my PC I could not access the NTFS partition and had to reformat. And now the vanishing games today! I may try another Hard Drive. Thanks for the quick response :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got an issue I'm trying to build a 4.3E nand and when trying to use my Seriel# it tells me "You have entered an incorrect key"; the default seriel is 12 characters but mine is only 11 where as there are 9 numbers there is only 2 numbers vs the 3 that the default seriel has in modmii I have a lauch Wii.

LU105729417

Well thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I can only create U nands using my seriel. I'm not sure if the seriel is required if I'm going to be playing a online game using a different nand. Really I'm not quite sure how the nand swaps work (well the auto nand swaps really) when it concerns online gameplay.. Maybe someone could explain?

I get some games can only be run using a certain nand but does it still use the 1st nand internet connection or what not? Confusing LoL... maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it hm....

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-Snip-

edit:
@stev418,
If you go to the d2x beta settings of 4.8.1 and select "N", it will use the version of d2x that came with MdoMii v4.8.1, which is v7-final. If after updating to 4.8.1 ModMii was showing v6 it was likely because you had d2x beta settings in place from an earlier version of ModMii.

the d2x modules installed with 4.8.1 in the \ModMii\Support\d2xModules do not match the v7 modules downloaded from code.google.com, they are also dated 22/11/2011

erinarenauk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks XFlak...If it happens again I will format FAT32 and start over and if it then happens again i'll get a new hard drive. Thanks again for all your help and advice.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After running ModMii exiting out; the next time I start ModMii the screen is compressed to say and I have to resize the window :( This is only bothersome cause I can only resize Length and not Width so some of the letters carry over to the next line which is only like 1 or 2 when it should be able to fit on a whole line. I can re-install modmii to fix this but once I exit out of the app either by pressing the giant X or by typing e, enter and then start modmii again it's back to the same compressed screen.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try deleting\commenting this line at the top of support\modmii.bat
Code:
chcp 1252>nul

although this was also present in ModMii v4.8.0, so if it's a new problem it's likely unrelated. Someone else had a similar problem and I linked a solution to it, it should be within the last 2-5 pages of this thread

@stev418,
you're right, it looks like davebaol reuploaded v7 with a minor change "Tagged as d2x-v7." I'm going to put out a quick ModMii v4.8.2 update because of this. Give me a few minutes and it will be live

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.8.2 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.8.0

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.0

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
4.8.2 Changelog
  • Synced ModMii's internal version of d2x v7-final with the revised v7-final
    on the google code page. No major changes, just "Tagged as d2x-v7".
  • I think he is a she, and she is changelog.

4.8.1 Changelog
  • Added a lot more info to NAND\nandinfo.txt when building\modifying emulated
    NANDs. Also, now after building\modifying emulated NANDs ModMii will open
    nandinfo.txt using notepad.
  • Updated nswitch channel to v1.0 - old versions will be detected and updated
    by ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier. With this version of the channel installed
    it is possible to launch UNEEK and UNEEK+DI without an SD Card.
  • Updated Priiloader v0.4 to v0.7 neek2o mod in ModMii's emulated NAND
    builder\Modifier. This version of Priiloader will not freeze when installed
    to emulated NANDs.
  • Updated Priiloader Hacks (Download Page 2) to include both hacks.ini and
    hacks_hash.ini. Both files are copied to emulated NANDs when installing
    Priiloader.
  • Enhanced ModMii's Emulated NAND Modifier region\firmware detection by having
    it read from NAND\content\title.tmd. As a result the Emulated NAND modifier
    is now able to install\remove Priiloader to\from all firmwares (instead of
    just 4.1-4.3). However, system menu theme installations are still limited
    to 4.1-4.3.
  • Replaced the Homebrew Filter Channel with Postloader when building emulated
    NANDs. There are now two Postloader downloads on ModMii's Download Page 2,
    a forwarder channel and an autoupdating download for the app itself.
  • Changed default NAND folder naming when building new emulated NANDs so that
    they are also compatible with Postloader. Instead of /nands/nand# now they
    will be named /nands/pl_eu for euro/pal NANDs, /nands/pl_us for USA NANDs,
    /nands/pl_jp for JAP NANDs and /nands/pl_kr for Korean NANDS.
  • Users are once again asked to provide a serial number when building emulated
    NANDs instead of always using the default serial number. This change was
    reversed after discovering that if on the first boot of an emulated NAND the
    serial number is not the same as the real NAND it MAY prevent establishing
    an internet connection.
  • d2x cIOSs updated from v6 to v7. The d2x v7 final changelog can be found here:
    http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/browse/tags/d2x-v7/data/Changelog.txt
    Thanks davebaol for all your hard work on this!
  • Enhanced d2x beta support. Now when accessing the d2x beta menu it will list
    all the d2x versions hosted on the d2x-google code page as well as identify
    which are featured at that point in time. These are listed in addition to any
    'offline' beta d2x cIOSs you may have manually saved to ModMii's
    Support\More-cIOSs\ folder.
  • Added d2x-beta-md5-updater.bat to ModMii's Support folder. This will mainly
    be used by davebaol to facilitate his construction of d2x beta zip archives
    that are compatible with both ModMii and the d2x cIOS Installer. With this
    change all future d2x beta cIOSs will be released simultaneously for both
    installation methods. On a personal note, it was a pleasure collaborating
    with davebaol on this.
  • Reverted back to using MMM, IOS236 Installer and Priiloader v0.7 (236 Mod)
    instead of WiiMod (with ahbprot) and Priiloader v0.7 (with davebaol's
    ahbprot bug-fix). This was due to WiiMod harmlessly failing to load in
    certain uncommon situations. I have prepared an alternate version of
    ModMii v4.8.1 that still uses WiiMod so anyone interested in helping jskyboo
    beta test WiiMod please get in touch with jskyboo or myself. WiiMod is still
    available for download on ModMii's Download Page 2.
  • Updated Wii Backup Manager to Wii Backup Manager 0.4.5 build 78.
  • Fixed bug where an older version of SaveGame Manager GX was being downloaded
    instead of the latest version (this was due to a change in how the files were
    being hosted on its google code page).
  • Adjustments made to Syscheck Updater to support additional acceptable SysCheck
    logs (i.e. MIOS v10, cIOS222 and cIOS223). It will now also check if d2x-beta
    cIOSs are installed when a d2x beta cIOS is activated (instead of always
    checking for the d2x version included with ModMii).
  • Some optimizations when running ModMii in command line mode. Added a command
    to install an extra folder of WADs to an emulated nand. I don't think anyone
    is using this feature anyways so this isn't big news.
  • Celebrities may walk on the red carpet, but ModMii walks on toilet paper
    because it's the SH*T!
  • Other minor changes

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All is well if I run ModMii as an administrator oh well not much of a hassle; it's not like everything else in windows7 doesn't ask for permission to run LoL

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@stev418,
you're right, it looks like davebaol reuploaded v7 with a minor change "Tagged as d2x-v7." I'm going to put out a quick ModMii v4.8.2 update because of this. Give me a few minutes and it will be live

Hehe ok maybe that explains why my v7 wads didn't work. :D

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
randomness: I got bored and had an idea for ModMii v4.7.3 and I already got it working. It's drag and drop support for syscheck csv logs. So now to once that's released ModMii's syscheck updater feature can be used just by dragging the csv log onto modmii.exe (or support\modmii.bat, or shortcuts to either file). I'm gonna wait for more changes before releasing v4.8.3 though... just thought I'd share one of it's changelog items early :D

Reactions: 1 person

Sacred Nym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just posting to say thanks again. Managed to get over my brick fears have successfully modded my Wii. Now I'm just ripping my discs. Unfortunately I was right and couldn't install Bootmii into boot2, but Priiloader seems to be working fine so that shouldn't be a problem (right?).

Anyway thanks a bunch. Haven't had any problems.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only issue I have had is upgrading to the latest, I had 1.7.0 installed to "c"

I used the options in modmii to upgrade and it restarted telling me it had upgraded, I closed and restarted and modmii was still 1.7.0, I have now deleted everything and reinstalled 1.8.2 and everything is working fine. Could this be the issue with people complaining the d2xv7 final has issues for them? as they were installing v6 of d2x

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't know what your problem was... probably user error since there isn't a ModMii v1.7.0 or 1.8.2. Also, if u installed ModMii to C:\ and not ModMii's local installation "C:\ModMii\" ModMii will need administrator rights in order to do just about anything, including update.

d2x cIOSs are hash checked, so if for whatever reason a user updated to ModMii v4.8.2 but the support\d2x-modules folder was not updated because it was in use or w/e, ModMii would throw up an error because the new cIOSs aren't being built properly. The opposite is also true, if u try updating ModMii and the d2x-modules folder was updated but not ModMii itself, the modules\md5s won't match and modmii will throw up an error. Anyways, there really isn't an d2x issue. ModMii v4.8.1 included the d2x-v7-final, ModMii v4.8.2 includes d2x-v7-final-final, lol

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
This program is just amazing... I just modded a 4.3U wii in like... 5 minutes!

It was the first time i decided to use it step by step, and it's just perfect!
I had modded a lot of Wiis back in the Twilight Hack days, but ModMii makes it just sooo much easier...

I want to thank all the people working on this brilliant application and constantly keeping it up to date.
Great work guys. You = awesome. :yaywii:

rbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't agree more, Hiro77!

I also did mine with Twilight Hack a long time ago. What a change now.

I just modded two 4.3U wii's this weekend for a friend; a new blue Wii and a 3 year old white Wii with a broken disc drive.
No problems and so quick with ModMii. Used Letterbomb Hack on both.
Easy as cake!

Now the broken Wii is fully functional with USB drive and SD card.
Thanks to all the guys that make that possible and special thanks again to XFlak for
keeping ModMii uptodate and the best mod tool around! :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway