• Total voters

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
Ahhhhh, cool. Does anybody have a beta7 they could send me? Or would it be against the rules to ask?
D2X beta7 isn't actually out yet.
But you could test D2X v7 Alpha1 for Davebaol, just go to the CFG usbloader IRC channel and ask for it.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XFlak said:
I am seeing this on the modmii and nusad google code pages
"Scheduled for deletion due to Violation of TOS."

no one but me can currently access those google code pages

I haven't been contacted in any way and no one has explained this "violation" to me, if anyone knows how ModMii has violated google code's TOS, or how I can contact ANYONE for an explanation (AFAIK there isn't a "contact us" link at google code), please let me know.

I have always made every effort to make sure ModMii complies with all applicable licenses, and I am very upset that no one contacted me about any violation, instead I got no warning whatsoever and now my project is going to be deleted.

Worst case scenario, I may need to find a different home for ModMii other than google code. Possibly filetrip, but I'd need to check with those in charge before making such a switch. If anyone can offer an alternate webspace for modmii please let me know so I can consider all the options available to me.

edit: I'm emailing [email protected], hopefully they can shed some light on the matter for me

edit: after more digging, I found this:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-code...342e43fb3500828
Damn You Google Code! I just hope Nintendo isn't involved...
frown.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you ever use google code to actually upload any of your code? If not, that's probably it. Google code isn't really a file hosting site.

TOU violation doesn't always mean something's wrong with your files you know.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it had nothing to do with the beta (the source of the beta was just as available as the other releases)

I should have been more open about how to view the source of ModMii.
To do so, just go to the options page of ModMii and type "decompiler" without quotes.
That information was in the readme file in the source download link in the first post, but there was no reference of that on google code, so it's no wonder they thought the code was not available anywhere.

It didn't help matters that others involved in the complaint who I know for a fact were aware of this information decided not to share it but instead claim that the source was unavailable. Meh, haterz are everywhere I guess, but I can't put all the blame on them, I am just as much to blame.

I initially tried to make the source hard to get at so noobs wouldn't make changes to it that could cause bricks (I figured only people with enough brains would jump through all the hoops to view the source). But it looks like that's a luxury I can't afford anymore. When the ModMii project is reopened, the source will be a lot easier to get, and I'll just have to trust that noobs won't try modifying the source and brick themselves. If that happens, I take no responsibility.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
it had nothing to do with the beta (the source of the beta was just as available as the other releases)

I should have been more open about how to view the source of ModMii.
To do so, just go to the options page of ModMii and type "decompiler" without quotes.
That information was in the readme file in the source download link in the first post, but there was no reference of that on google code, so it's no wonder they thought the code was not available anywhere.

It didn't help matters that others involved in the complaint who I know for a fact were aware of this information decided not to share it but instead claim that the source was unavailable. Meh, haterz are everywhere I guess, but I can't put all the blame on them, I am just as much to blame.

I initially tried to make the source hard to get at so noobs wouldn't make changes to it that could cause bricks (I figured only people with enough brains would jump through all the hoops to view the source). But it looks like that's a luxury I can't afford anymore. When the ModMii project is reopened, the source will be a lot easier to get, and I'll just have to trust that noobs won't try modifying the source and brick themselves. If that happens, I take no responsibility.
Google should have contacted you first.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I think it would be better if ModMii was hosted elsewhere... rather than on Google Code.
Although... XFlak, it's up to you what the future of ModMii will be. I would rather trust a reliable source, than risk bricking my wii console from some n00b.
frown.gif

Until then, just relax...
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
LWares said:
To be honest, I think it would be better if ModMii was hosted elsewhere... rather than on Google Code.
Although... XFlak, it's up to you what the future of ModMii will be. I would rather trust a reliable source than risk bricking my wii console.
frown.gif

Until then, just relax...
smile.gif
I agree, then douche bags can't go behind your back to try and shut ModMii down.

Right now, enjoy your honeymoon and getting settled in with Mrs. XFlak.
biggrin.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no the ones who are crying, are the ones who should have got a hold of Xflak, seeing one of them uses this site, an his program.. instead of crying about it. but then again they are jealous.

Saiyyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K so i installed the dark wii 4.3u csm from mod mii to my wii with mymenuify and it was AWSOME but had a problem
The wii settings was gone! i could only hear the music and nothing else it was a black screen
So i tried to revert to the original theme by using the 00000097.app i got from mod mii and the settings
menu was still not there, I think its an issue with the app file cause i did the same thing with NUSD and still
the settings menu wasnt there. I heard of people with the same problem but they installed a PAL version and it worked but
when i did that it just bricked my system menu! but I repaired it with priiloader (thank god i installed that)

So you should enform all the people installing theme with or without mod mii cause there is a corrupt .app file for 4.3
systems and it semi brickis the wii (black system menu)

Also if anybody know about a working app file can you please pm me a GUIDE on how to get it

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just so everyone knows, I have everything that was hosted on google code backed up, so I won't permanently lose anything even if I lose this battle

Also, despite these problems, I just heard that ModMii won first place in the homebrew bounty competition! That goes a long way to cheer me up
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your support everyone, know that I will do everything in my power to get this project back up and running as soon as I can. If I don't hear back from google in a couple weeks I'll open up a new fully compliant google code page (or use another hosting website, but I need recommendations)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saiyyan said:
K so i installed the dark wii 4.3u csm from mod mii to my wii with mymenuify and it was AWSOME but had a problem
The wii settings was gone! i could only hear the music and nothing else it was a black screen
So i tried to revert to the original theme by using the 00000097.app i got from mod mii and the settings
menu was still not there, I think its an issue with the app file cause i did the same thing with NUSD and still
the settings menu wasnt there

So you should enform all the people installing theme with or without mod mii cause there is a corrupt .app file for 4.3

Also if anybody know about a working app file can you please pm me a GUIDE on how to get it

just download the complete system menu + theme with modmii, instead of the csm.

Saiyyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:
Saiyyan said:
the settings menu wasnt there

just download the complete system menu + theme with modmii, instead of the csm.

Ya then i have to reinstall DARKCorp all the cIOS
HBC and i have to get an expliot for that
priilader and all my wads

wouldnt it but easier if someone with a 4.3 wii gave me instruction cause i m a noob
and anyways i would have a higher chance of bricking my we when i install the system menu and all the stuff i had before
and it would still be great haelp if someone tells me how to get the original theme cause all i can find is WADs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...