Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
shortz1994 said:
Link5084 said:
Any risks of using 4.3U from ModMii or does it remove anything? I'm still using 4.1U and I'm kinda scared of updating to 4.3U. Would 4.3U from modmii work exactly the same like 4.1U?
stay were your at! unless you'll have an advantage on updating to 4.3. (don't think you will). there for there is no reason. you'll have the same advantages, as 4.3u on 4.1u as long as all your ios an cios are up to date.(plus if needed to "rehack" for some reason, your able to use bannerbomb still)There are no advantages to having 4.3, only disadvantages. Most people consider the disadvantages to be negligible because the big ones are worked around with hacks, but it's not like you are getting anything good out of being on 4.3.
wish i knew it was safe for me to downgrade, but with a bad ecc (uncorrectable). not even risking it.
@ joostnline, there's a test for you. could i downgrade, an fix this (ecc uncorrectable) an still be safe?... blocks 73-74..(page)..
It's safe to downgrade. First, replace SD:\bootmii\ppcboot.elf with the one attached here and make a new NAND backup.

I don't think this is the case with people that have boot 2v3.

So what are disadvatages of 4.3 compared to 4.1?
I thought to downside of $.3 was that chips could patch the region anymore.
( who uses disc anymore...)
As long as you have your SM ios's on your Wii there is'nt a problem and you can swith / install system menu at will. via MMM.

Updating VIA NINTENDO would be a bad thing. The system menu is'nt a bad thing. Most if not ALL people will have the HBC 1.08.
So rehacking is always possible. For people who only play backups, there is no need to worry if you are on 4.1 , 4.2 or 4.3. IMO.

I agree there's NO need for 4.3 but it is'nt a bad either I think.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
I don't think this is the case with people that have boot 2v3.You don't think what is the case?

QUOTE(Hielkenator @ Jul 1 2011, 01:44 AM) So what are disadvatages of 4.3 compared to 4.1?
I thought to downside of $.3 was that chips could patch the region anymore.
( who uses disc anymore...)
As long as you have your SM ios's on your Wii there is'nt a problem and you can swith / install system menu at will. via MMM.

Updating VIA NINTENDO would be a bad thing. The system menu is'nt a bad thing. Most if not ALL people will have the HBC 1.08.
So rehacking is always possible. For people who only play backups, there is no need to worry if you are on 4.1 , 4.2 or 4.3. IMO.

I agree there's NO need for 4.3 but it is'nt a bad either I think.
Like I said, "Most people consider the disadvantages to be negligible because the big ones are worked around with hacks".

Shora16

Trophies
Website
zeldalevel.22web.net
XP
Country
Greece
This may have been asked before, but seriously, I don't have the time to read 251 pages of posts =P

So, do I have to downgrade my Wii from 4.3 to 4.1 for this ModMii to work properly? I've heard that I should never do that because it's dangerous. Also, I just run the program, follow the instructions, copy the files to my SD card and that's it? No games needed at all?

Sorry, I'm a n00b to all these.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your on 4.3, you will need a game....

Modmii will work with all system menus....downgrades are optional, but not recommended....

...as you said...run the program, answer the questions, move the downloaded files to your SD, follow the guide....it really is that easy.

brigas

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a 4.3E system, and I have tried everything to run the Hackmii installer without success, no vulnerable IOS, I was hoping someone could help me.

I have followed the modmii guide for hackmii installer problems, however, when trying to install IOS30 in MMM the error ticket (-2011) is returned, i retried the installation many times.

The hackmii installer probably fails because i have no patched IOS.

I tried Dop-mii, IOS236 installer, IOS36 patcher, none of them work, because for dop-mii i need an IOS with NAND permissions, IOS236 needs HBC which creates a paradox due to the fact that i need IOS236 to install HBC....

syscheck returns only no patches and stub IOS

I do have a modchip if that can help with something.

The bottom line is that i am locked, I cannot get any fakesigned IOS at all and due to this can't install HBC which could enable me to get it.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
Xflak,
Should'nt you be on your honeymoon?
Put your device AWAY!!!!!!

He probably told her they needed more ice, and then "accidentally" found himself in front of a computer.
rofl.gif

lilto89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the wizard and everything worked fine! At first I thought it was malfunctioning, though, because the first backup I tried was of a European game (Another Code R) and it didn't work until I forced NTSC. Thanks for making this, XFlak!
yaywii.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ModMii is just getting better and better...

I have a feature request. I use ModMii like NUSD as a great source of WADs for archival and easy installation. I would appreciate it if the Rodries MOD of Herme's cIOS2XX v5.1E cIOSes would be included on download page 4. Forgive me if this has been discussed before as I only did a quick search for the term Rodries withing the thread. BTW for those who also make a backup copy of all their fav cIOS and titles, Blue Dump 3 MOD, is working great and now allows any cIOS to be used to perform dumps.

Thanks for the great app and its continued development.

-[]D

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Here's ModMii v4.6.2 Beta 2, it's pretty much the exact same as v4.6.1 except I've added NMM support (Beta 2 does not use diff files containing some of crediar's code like Beta 1 did, so it is 100% legal)

Here's the download link:
http://01da112a.linkbucks.com

And here's a direct download link for anyone who doesn't want to give me some linkbucks
http://nusad.googlecode.com/files/ModMii4.6.2-beta2.zip

DGenerateKane said:
ddetkowski said:
Xflak,
Should'nt you be on your honeymoon?
Put your device AWAY!!!!!!

He probably told her they needed more ice, and then "accidentally" found himself in front of a computer.
rofl.gif
LOL, more like I made the fiancee' happy by "watching" Greek Idol with her, but really I was on the 'temp or working on ModMii, lol

@PPSainity,
It may take me awhile to get around to it, but I'll definitely add it to my to do list. I'll PM u some Qs so that maybe u can help me speed up the process and make life easier on me
biggrin.gif

inlvnv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My optical drive is broken and have 4.3u. Is it possible to downgrade to 4.1 without loading one of the game exploits so that I could apply this hack?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
inlvnv said:
My optical drive is broken and have 4.3u. Is it possible to downgrade to 4.1 without loading one of the game exploits so that I could apply this hack?
If your wii is vergin then game-based exploits are the only viable way.
Since your drive is broken you need a flat-based modchip like flatmii fusion in order to launch one of those games through sd card.
I know for sure that flatmii fusion is able to work even without connecting the drive, maybe WODE and wiikey fusion work too but I can't assure you.
As an alternative you can replace the drive with a working one.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Modmii won't update. Ive tried it a 2 different locations but it's saying update check failed. Ive always been able to update no problem, but its just stopped working
frown.gif
Google Code is blocking access. Once XFlak finishes his duties as a husband (giggity), I'm sure he will try and fix it.

PS: Sorry, I couldn't resist making a joke.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am seeing this on the modmii and nusad google code pages
"Scheduled for deletion due to Violation of TOS."

no one but me can currently access those google code pages

I haven't been contacted in any way and no one has explained this "violation" to me, if anyone knows how ModMii has violated google code's TOS, or how I can contact ANYONE for an explanation (AFAIK there isn't a "contact us" link at google code), please let me know.

I have always made every effort to make sure ModMii complies with all applicable licenses, and I am very upset that no one contacted me about any violation, instead I got no warning whatsoever and now my project is going to be deleted.

Worst case scenario, I may need to find a different home for ModMii other than google code. Possibly filetrip, but I'd need to check with those in charge before making such a switch. If anyone can offer an alternate webspace for modmii please let me know so I can consider all the options available to me.

edit: I'm emailing [email protected], hopefully they can shed some light on the matter for me

edit2: after more digging, I found this:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-code...342e43fb3500828

edit3:
My email to Google Code:
I am the owner of the modmii and nusad google code pages which are currently "Scheduled for deletion due to Violation of TOS."

I found this discussion
http://groups.google.com/group/google-code...342e43fb3500828
so I decided you would be the best person to contact.

Firstly, I'd like to note that the source code for this project has always been available, users just need to run the program and type "decompiler" from the options page and it will extract the source for them.

Secondly, had I been notified of the violation I would have done everything in my power to comply with your TOS.

Lastly, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to bring my projects in line with your TOS before you delete them. With your permission, I'd like to make the source code of my apps more easily available. I will upload the source of each and every update I release.

I hope we can work out this problem in a timely manner, a lot of people make use of my program and I have always done my best to provide them support and keep my program 100% compliant with all applicable licenses. With your help, I hope to re-open my google code pages.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0