XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
It's definitely not a virus, silly NOD32, I prefer bitdefender
biggrin.gif
Well it is made for hacking softmodding, lol.
Since when is softmodding malicious?
tongue.gif
I bet Nintendo entered that report.

Hendricks266

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
if there's anything exceptional about those bases then I'd add it
Not that I know of. IOS36 is famous for the Trucha Bug and installing other IOSs, while 60, 61, 70, and 80 all have SDHC support. I've also heard IOS60 to have "better network support", but I've never seen that verified.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Yes, it's true, but that only applied to back when apps were cool and used IOS202 instead of IOS58 (which is way slower).
You've got benchmarks to back that up, or are you just parroting what others have said?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
JoostinOnline said:
Yes, it's true, but that only applied to back when apps were cool and used IOS202 instead of IOS58 (which is way slower).
You've got benchmarks to back that up, or are you just parroting what others have said?
You're right, I'm going to edit my post. I've read it from sources I'd consider reliable, but I can't say either way from experience.

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Re this particular soft mod by XFlak, can anyone tell me if the wads within it, have cIOS, cIOS38Rev14 or cIOS38Rev17 within the system already, now my softmod is complete?

I have found Wiiflow, and one tutorial says these cIOS'sare needed, and I didn't want to mess anything up done already, as I am too new at this at the moment

I was going to try install Wiiflow light on to my SD Card, as the drive I have is full of WBFS files already, and not partitioned.The guide I read said..
If you want to install WiiFlow on your SD Card, you can have your Hard Disk fully formatted to a single WBFS partition. However, the SD Card needs to ALWAYS be inside of your wii if you need to play. You can launch WiiFlow via HBC or a Forwarding Channel.
Install WiiFlow on your SD Card
Copy all the contents of the installer package into the root of your SD Card. To check if you did it right, you should get the following path
Place your SD Card inside your Wii, boot it up, run the Homebrew channel and Run the WAD Manager.
Then load WAD Manager from the list of applications. When asked what IOS version to use select IOS249. Install ‘WiiFlow Static Channel IOS249-WFHW.wad’ and restart the Wii when done
On the WAD Manager select IOS249 and install ‘WiiFlow Static Channel IOS249-WFHW.wad.
Wait for the Installation to Finish and you’re done.

Is it possible that someone could tell me if I am right just to go ahead, or do I need the cIOS mentioned first.
Naturally, if this is in the wrong location, I will move it away, or possibly someone has another guide or suggestion to do this?

As usual, many thanks

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
ozviewer said:
Re this particular soft mod by XFlak, can anyone tell me if the wads within it, have cIOS, cIOS38Rev14 or cIOS38Rev17 within the system already, now my softmod is complete?

I have found Wiiflow, and one tutorial says these cIOS'sare needed, and I didn't want to mess anything up done already, as I am too new at this at the moment

I was going to try install Wiiflow light on to my SD Card, as the drive I have is full of WBFS files already, and not partitioned.The guide I read said..
If you want to install WiiFlow on your SD Card, you can have your Hard Disk fully formatted to a single WBFS partition. However, the SD Card needs to ALWAYS be inside of your wii if you need to play. You can launch WiiFlow via HBC or a Forwarding Channel.
Copy all the contents of the installer package into the root of your SD Card. To check if you did it right, you should get the following path
Place your SD Card inside your Wii, boot it up, run the Homebrew channel and Run the WAD Manager.
Then load WAD Manager from the list of applications. When asked what IOS version to use select IOS249. Install ‘WiiFlow Static Channel IOS249-WFHW.wad’ and restart the Wii when done
On the WAD Manager select IOS249 and install ‘WiiFlow Static Channel IOS249-WFHW.wad.

Is it possible that someone could tell me if I am right just to go ahead, or do I need the cIOS mentioned first.
Naturally, if this is in the wrong location, I will move it away, or possibly someone has another guide or suggestion to do this?

As usual, many thanks
You should not need these cIOSes for using WiiFlow. If you have the recommended cIOS installed by ModMii, you should be OK. Try if everything goes OK before installing the channel WAD (skip steps above), by running Wiiflow directly from HBC channel.

If everything goes OK and you wish to, then run these steps afterwards...

3zero2

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
after using ModMii can the black wii currently on 4.3e load backup games from the DVD drive? After i follow the modmii steps i would have the homebrew channel. Would it be possible to install neogamma and load backups off the dvd?

I was reading reports that backup games can only be loaded from USB.

thanks.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
3zero2 said:
after using ModMii can the black wii currently on 4.3e load backup games from the DVD drive? After i follow the modmii steps i would have the homebrew channel. Would it be possible to install neogamma and load backups off the dvd?

I was reading reports that backup games can only be loaded from USB.

thanks.
A black Wii will almost surely bring the new D3-2 drive, which doesn't allow you to run game backups. You can try your luck here.

For a 4.3E you will also need an original game (listed also in ModMii), otherwise no softmod possible.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded this and I just started to use it after I formatted my Wii memory. It's a really nice tool to use. I'm thinking "I really wish I had this before". Nice job and it should help a over 9000 noobs.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ozviewer said:

As usual, many thanks
Wow, you probably found a tutorial that has not been updated for a looooong time, Wiifow as a static channel is not used anymore. Also you can install Wiiflow to a HDD and the games to WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS. Most other USBloaders support this as well.

I won't recommend you to follow this tut. Even if you figure this out, a lot of games won't work.

arukarudo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used ModMii for Windows on my Wii Black version 4.2U, that have a wiikey fusion chip with the options:
* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.2U
* Desired firmware is 4.2U
* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download News Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
* Download Wii Speak Channel
* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
* Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in Options)
* External Hard Drive to be Formatted as FAT32
* Download Configurable USB-Loader and WiiFlow
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

everything worked fine, but now when i try to run a game with configurable USB Loader or even WiiFlow, it gives me the error "An error Has Occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions."

I tried to change the ios in Configurable USB-Loader, tried with 222-mload, 222-yal, 223-mload, 223-yal and 249, its funny that when i used 249 it says "IOS(249) IOS Reload: Blocked Loading..........." before giving the error, dunno if it should be like that.

I tried to update Configurable USB-Loader to version 70b2(beta) too, what am I doing wrong?
I don't think its the external HD, as it's being able to load the apps from there (I'm not using the SD Card)

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
Wow, you probably found a tutorial that has not been updated for a looooong time, Wiifow as a static channel is not used anymore. Also you can install Wiiflow to a HDD and the games to WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS. Most other USBloaders support this as well.

I won't recommend you to follow this tut. Even if you figure this out, a lot of games won't work.
[/quote]

Ouch...thanks for the information...if that's the case I guess I just live with the greyed covers and load from the name then....thank you

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
ozviewer said:
Ouch...thanks for the information...if that's the case I guess I just live with the greyed covers and load from the name then....thank you

Not what they intended for you to do.

Instead of accepting a badly implemented WiiFlow. Update the cIOs to D2X v6 and WiiFlow to the latest version.

I am using WiiFlow 2.2 v355, which you can find by following the official thread on here. It is a beta version but seems pretty stable, i.e. has not caused any problems for me so far.

They were just pointing out the guide you followed was out of date and there is no need for cios14 or cios17, as current WiiFlow does not need those.

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks fluffy..sorry I am confused or not understanding. I thought from the earlier post, that there was no need to update any of the cIOs at all, as the modmi version had all we needed in it, or was that just in relation to the old tutorial that I looked at, that no updates were needed?

If indeed I do as you suggest, can you point me to the right area to learn how to grab those iOC's as well as understand how to load them.?

It is plainly obvious I need to spend more time reading up on here, and that I will endeavour to do over the course of time, and be better placed to answer my own questions.

Many thanks for letting me know, and ensuring I got it right.

ps...odd name tag...fluffykiwi, and based in Scotland...I bet there's a story behind that?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
ozviewer said:
Thanks fluffy..sorry I am confused or not understanding. I thought from the earlier post, that there was no need to update any of the cIOs at all, as the modmi version had all we needed in it, or was that just in relation to the old tutorial that I looked at, that no updates were needed?
ModMii's recommended cIOSes are the ones mentioned by fluffykiwi.

Consider updating to latest Wiiflow release, that should be a good idea...although it is still a beta, it has been reported to be quite stable (although I personally stick with Cfg USB Loader).

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks peoples...I have now found the wiiflow thread ( very long) and am d/l the beta file. Time to start reading that thread now...THANKS

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know of a little bug I found in the Italian version of ModMii v4.6.1. It is actually checking for updates to the English version of ModMii instead of the Italian version. This will be fixed in the next update, but in order to update the Italian version to beyond v4.6.1 users will need to use the ModMii installer or update it manually; if the Italian version of ModMii v4.6.1 itself performs the update, it will update to the latest English version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu