OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
When you run the hackmii installer, just install bootmii as IOS. It will create the bootmii folder for you. Prepare an SD Card for Bootmii is only needed if you want to create the folder on multiple SD cards without reinstalling each time or copying it on the computer, or if you accidentally deleted the bootmii folder.FYI, when u run the latest hackmii installer, it installs bootmii @ IOS automatically before even loading the menu. So technically the option to install bootmii @ IOS is pointless in the hackmii installer, all it will do is reinstall it and prepare the sd card's bootmii folder. But basically, all u need to do when running the hack mii installer is install the HBC, install bootmii @ boot2 if possible, and if u can't install bootmii@boot2, prepare an SD card (no need to reinstall bootmii @IOS as it'll already be installed, but no big deal if u do)QUOTE(nintendiw!! @ Apr 30 2011, 09:33 PM) is it possible to add waninkokos rev14 to sneek build
Already implemented in the next update. I just got a couple more minor things to do before releasing the next update.

@nikeymikey,
the problem's already fixed in the next update, should be released soon, but in the meantime u can use the temporary fix\workaround I describe here: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3615094

@Weenus and nintendiw!!,
thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you guys had a positive ModMii experience and took the time to come here and say thanks!
biggrin.gif

edit:
ModMii v4.5.4 update is complete, just gotta compile it and write the changelog and upload everything, keep your eyes peeled for it within the next 24 hrs or so

primoz56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I've started the download from the program direct to SD, and it froze when downloading ios70v6687(FS-ES-NP] (patched 4.2 system menu IOS). I ran the unfreezemii.bat a few times while the program was still running, and nothing changed. I'll kill it and start again - hope there won't be any residue left that will crash the wii
smile.gif

Will let ya know if anything else crashes
smile.gif

Btw: Awesome program - always wished there was something like it
smile.gif

Cheers,
Primoz

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZRicky11 said:
Hi
Sneek Installation doesn't work (maybe because crediar released v0.6c)
Thanks
Long answer:
Look at Xflak's post earlier
@nikeymikey addressed the same thing...LOL

Short answer:
Will be fixed in next release.

Oops, you beat me to it Xflak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.5.4 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, it's still at version 4.5.2

See first post for more info.

4.5.4 Changelog
  • ModMii's NAND builder can now install cIOS rev 14 to emulated NANDs.
    This is the only cIOS confirmed working on s/uneek with SaveGameManagerGX.
    cIOS rev14 was also added to Download Page 4.
  • Support added for base IOS53 and base IOS55 for d2x cIOSs and rev 21 cIOSs.
  • Added cMIOS v65535 (v10) by WiiGator and WiiPower to Download Page 4.
    It is ModMii's new recommended cMIOS.
  • Added an option to enable\disable the ModMii Wizard's cMIOS installion.
    The default setting is disabled.
  • If .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed, ModMii will now download it
    and launch the installer before loading ModMii's Main Menu.
  • Fixed bug where building cMIOS-v4 Waninkoko rev5 would either fail or
    build cMIOS-v4 WiiGator GCBL v0.2 by mistake.
  • ModMii's s/uneek installer now uses v0.6c of the official Sneek Installer.
    Also added a way to update the official Sneek installer without requiring
    a full ModMii update.
  • Warning: Not for human consumption.
  • Other minor changes.

Glottiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I update to the new cMIOS v65535 (v10)? Do I just install it on top of old cMIOS? Right now I have RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IceIceBird said:
XFlak: The advanced cutom downloads doesn't work for the new bases(53,55) in v4.5.4.
Oops, I just reuploaded ModMii v4.5.4 with this bug corrected. Anyone who downloaded the v4.5.4 update before now (about 310 ppl) will need to redownload it in order for the advanced custom downloads to work for base 53 and base 55 cIOSs. You can manually download it from here: http://modmii.googlecode.com/files/ModMii4.5.4.zip

@Glottiz,
that is correct

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Glottiz said:
How do I update to the new cMIOS v65535 (v10)? Do I just install it on top of old cMIOS? Right now I have RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
What are the advantages of this new version? This is only used for GameCube, right?

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Deleting a custom channel through Data Management. This one is not commonly known, as you rarely notice it unless you are scrolling through channels really fast. To remove custom channels, uninstall the using a wad manager. Always keep the wad of any custom channels you install.
I did not know this. I always delete user-made forwarders through data management
ohmy.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Deleting a custom channel through Data Management. This one is not commonly known, as you rarely notice it unless you are scrolling through channels really fast. To remove custom channels, uninstall the using a wad manager. Always keep the wad of any custom channels you install.
I did not know this. I always delete user-made forwarders through data management
ohmy.gif
It's not always a problem actually. The problem as I understand it is that when using Data Management, the entire channel isn't always removed. When you scroll through, it looks for that channel, and when it's not there, it is interpreted as corrupt system files. It's similar to a bannerbrick. It's happened to me several times (once before I really knew what I was doing, and the rest intentionally to test it), and I've helped a few people fix it.

I am not sure why it only happens on rare occasions. Even when using the same wad, it would only happen part of the time. I did discover that if you had a partially deleted channel and placed channels with more animation and music together, it was more likely to occur when scrolling through them. If you spread them out by placing things like the News Channel between them, I wasn't able to trigger the error message. I'm guessing it is some sort of "overload", but this is all just a theory. There is a lot I don't know about how the Wii works.

For now, just start uninstalling channels with a wad manager instead of deleting them and don't worry about the past. If it ever starts happening, either post in gbatemp or send me a PM and I will tell you how to fix it. The process is dangerous if you make a mistake, so I don't post it unless needed. I prefer to walk people through it.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't decide if I should crack my Wii or not. Yes, because I don't have to buy any games anymore. But how big is the risk that my Wii will crash?

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
I can't decide if I should crack my Wii or not. Yes, because I don't have to buy any games anymore. But how big is the risk that my Wii will crash?

If you stick to the guide. The risk is very little.

tismij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
been having some remote plus problem and noticed I do not get any dots when I want to change te sensor bar sensitivity.
If I use a normal remote (which works fine and troublefree) I also get no dots to verify the proper sensor sensitivity.

Any tips on how to get my dots back
smile.gif

(and I checked with another sensor bar and also no dots)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)