Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Roberto Blanco

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
XFlak said:
just an FYI, smash stack for PAL and KOR Wii's will likely be released shortly, within a month if I had to guess. And the Super Smash Brothers Brawl exploit is going to be the hardest one for ninty to correct. For example, when system menu 4.4 is released, it may stop you from using the Lego and Yu-Gi-Oh exploit's by not allowing the exploit savedata to be copied over to the Wii (the same way they patched the twilight princess exploit). The Smash Bros. exploit however, will be much much more difficult for ninty to fix, a lot of smart ppl have said that it is impossible to fix without actually releasing a new/fixed version of the same game.

Just something to consider.

That`s good to know, thanks. Well, i dont connect my console to the internet so i will not make any updates. Seems that i cant find any of those games around here, all the online stores are out of stock. There is an alternative with Wiikey Fusion which is 40 Euros here, but i dont like how it works. This ModMii is the greatest from all i read. I hope i find a game soon .. Take care !

Roberto Blanco

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wizzerzak said:
also u don't have to buy the game, just rent it

Well, i cant find it to buy it and no renting stores here as that would be a bad business around here
smile.gif

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used the latest version of this program. Seems nice. I have a 4.2u system with a mod chip. After doing the virgin setup and staying at 4.2u, my patched new super mario brothers disc doesn't work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@icon,
u are running a hybrid system right now. I don't know much about modchips, especially since u haven't told me what chip u have, but basically your chip will still be used when playing things from the disc channel. You should still be able to use neogamma and a cIOS to play backup discs in your current condition... but most ppl with modchips (and darkcorp users) insist on playing backup discs from the disc channel

@F. Lobot,
I don't think so, so far COD:BO is the only game to install an update to the Wii's memory, but it can still be deleted from the wii's save data even on a virgin wii. So if they ever did that for smash bros, just backup the save data, delete the save data, launch exploit, restore save data. Anyways, people much smarter than I have said that ninty can't do anything to stop this, short of releasing new copies of the game with the exploit patched, lol

Tempus T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, so wound up I posted twice in the wrong place. Really sorry about that!
Hi there, not even sure where to start but here goes.
Used the Modmii program and everything seemed to go great.
I am at the end of the guide atm and totally confused.
Man I hope somebody can steer me in the right direction.

12) AFTER MODDING
=============

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/hbb)

1. "File Cleanup" feature is pointing back to cleaning up files off the computer right?

2. "Downloading the latest homebrew" HUH? I have the HBC but the only thing on there are the installers (6 original programs that the guide referred to)?

3. How do I "check out ModMii's batch download page"? Or "Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii" ????

Should I have more than the installer applications (not sure what else to call them) showing up under "the homebrew channel"?

Like I said above I got all the right messages and followed step by step. Or so I thought..........

Not sure what info to provide you with and I figure this might sound vague but any help would be appreciated. I can provide more info if you tell me what you would like to know.

HBC channel menu has IOS58 v24.32 listed 1.0.8 above that and this is a virgin black with 4.3U

TIA! I will keep checking back.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@pune,
that's a shame it can be patched... oh well, I'm betting it will survive longer than the other exploits requiring a gamesave be copied over to the Wii!

@Tempus T,
1) File Cleanup will remove apps u no longer need from your sd card or usb hard drive, and it runs off your PC so u will need to put the sd card or w/e back into your PC before running ModMii's file cleanup feature... so this will remove most or all of the installers you are currently seeing in your HBC

2 + 3) Start ModMii, and go to download page 2 (from the main menu, enter "2" without quotes). From here, download some "just for fun apps". This will put more apps in your homebrew channel options, like apps for playing emulators like super nintendo, or apps like WiiMC for watching videos. Also, if you haven't already, you should use ModMii to help you set up a usb-loader.

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
its prolly behaving differently cuz of your modchip, try installing a non-fakesigned system menu IOS (IOS70 for 4.2 Wii's) and see if that makes a difference.

Or even better, use a usb-loader instead

I can get this from your "option 1", "70NP" selection, right? Then just install it from whatever wad manager you provided via HBC? Since I am over writing the modified one, there shouldn't be any risk of bricking, right?

Tempus T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak Howdy and thanks for the reply.
I did eventually go to option 2 and got the emulators installed and one running.
I guess my confusion was that I was expecting the first Wii menu to have "channels" pointing to these because that seems to be what I always see in the videos. That is before you go to the HBC.

In another thread someone pointed me to Simple Forward Channel Creator to set that up, haven't taken a look at that yet.

Your program worked well though, just my thick head that is still trying to wrap itself around all the concepts.

I will attach the HD back to the laptop and use the File Cleanup option.

Does ModMii also install something to deal with the larger than 4gb file sizes as far as loading game backups onto the usb? I admit I haven't gotten to this yet so it may be addressed or may not handled by ModMii, just figured I would ask.

Still working my way through all of this.

Thanks again!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's correct, but be sure to load IOS236 otherwise your wad manager might not be able to overwrite the current IOS installed to slot 70 which has a greater version number than the one you are trying to install

the risk is next to nothing, the only real risk u face is the risk of power loss at the exact wrong second, chances of that are really slim, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used simple IOS patcher, everything went fine until it said installed succesfully, I pressed B and it locked up giving me the error. Did everything else and ran into zero problems so I assume it was fine. How can I check to be sure?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u loaded IOS236 in the install wads step and was able to install everything without issue then it must've installed fine. But if you want to manually check, u can run syscheck and confirm you have a patched IOS236... or u can just launch MMM's IOS manager and browse until you find IOS236v65535

psychocandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK. How long does it take to install hackmii...

Did the load game with star wars and it came up with the install stuff etc and (1) to continue. Screen has now gone blank with cd tray light flashing. Been like that for 10 mins.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@F. Lobot,
I don't think so, so far COD:BO is the only game to install an update to the Wii's memory, but it can still be deleted from the wii's save data even on a virgin wii. So if they ever did that for smash bros, just backup the save data, delete the save data, launch exploit, restore save data. Anyways, people much smarter than I have said that ninty can't do anything to stop this, short of releasing new copies of the game with the exploit patched, lol
Encrypt the saves so they can't be deleted or copied?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it