Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this but when i go to dl the guide and files i keep getting framework errors v2.0.5072, is there something i need to do to my pc to use this?

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im doing so now and dling....... this looks super simpile if this is going to do all it looks like its going to do..... im so used to doing the modify any wii4.2/4.3 tut... but this looks like a monkey could do anything easy

Brentallini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii is definitely an essential tool to the community and anyone new to Wii modding.
I haven't had a problem yet after doing a softmod on fifteen US and seven Japanese consoles using the program.

The odds of something fumbling up with ModMii is probably the lowest percentage possible (mainly if you choose not to read generated guide, then you're at risk).

XFlak, major kudos to you, sir!

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Is modmii going to include base 58? It is of interest to some with the Ubisoft cam games after all? Might be nice to have it, otherwise it's a fair bit of searching before you come across the "fix".

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
base 58 is supported on download page 4, it's not a recommended cIOS though because this is the first I am hearing that it can do something that base 56 or base 57 cannot. If it turns out that wanins's rev21 cIOS w/ base 58 truly can do things that d2x cIOSs w/ base 56 and 57 cannot, I will consider adding base 58 as a recommended cIOS installed to slot 248 or something.

@Brentallini, thx for the kudos
biggrin.gif

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
base 58 is supported on download page 4, it's not a recommended cIOS though because this is the first I am hearing that it can do something that base 56 or base 57 cannot. If it turns out that wanins's rev21 cIOS w/ base 58 truly can do things that d2x cIOSs w/ base 56 and 57 cannot, I will consider adding base 58 as a recommended cIOS installed to slot 248 or something.
Theoretically base 58 should be required to support the webcam in games like Your Shape, Racket Sports and others.
TBH I don't know if it works.

Also if tomorrow d2x will include fixed modules other than EHCI, cIOSX[58]-v21d2x would make sense.

EDIT:
However that doesn't mean it should be recommended since base 58 has really slow usb access.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
XFlak said:
It's possible that someone returned their Wii to future shop after partially "virginizing" it... but who knows

try installing some other non-fakesigned IOSs that ModMii downloaded for u. I think maurifrog (sp? sorry dude) did some testing, where if u have an older version of IOS33 or IOS34, it won't work, despite the fact that it should only require IOS58 to run. Hmmm, if u have wifi on your wii, try performing an official system update and try again.
Not necessarily. I've got that message a couple of times when trying to run the hackmii installer. It works the second time though. And I can vouch that my Wii came brand new from the store. Maybe a bug or something, but not necessarily a modified Wii.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I'm having some issues with ModWii..

I am using the latest version, running in an XP virtual machine. I have .NET 3.5 installed and updated.

On almost every single file it says that this file has failed to download multiple times and will be skipped.

Also I seem to be stuck at downloading IOS38.

Can anyone help me.

EDIT: Lol, it works fine in my 7 VM running as an admin. NVM

korn16ftl3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE GOD LIKE APP HERE EASY WAY TO UPDATE EVEN AN ALREADY MOD'D WII WOULD RECOMEND TO ANY ONE IN A HEART BEAT I CAN ONLY PRAY FOR PS3 CFW GENERATING PROGRAMS THAT ARE AS DUMMY PROOF AS THIS

on a side note how new is this app why havent i herd about it any where else or at all that much to be honest

edit: how many bad blocks is too many bad blocks? lol

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
korn16ftl3 said:
DUDE GOD LIKE APP HERE EASY WAY TO UPDATE EVEN AN ALREADY MOD'D WII WOULD RECOMEND TO ANY ONE IN A HEART BEAT I CAN ONLY PRAY FOR PS3 CFW GENERATING PROGRAMS THAT ARE AS DUMMY PROOF AS THIS

on a side note how new is this app why havent i herd about it any where else or at all that much to be honest

edit: how many bad blocks is too many bad blocks? lol

Up to 90 bad blocks should be fine, most people have up to 10

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to have more base IOS's to choose from when creating cIOS rev21d2x wads, IOS37 atleast because some games can only be played with this base.

Anyway, thanks for an wonderful app wink.gif
Keep up the good work!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IceIceBird said:
I would like to have more base IOS's to choose from when creating cIOS rev21d2x wads, IOS37 atleast because some games can only be played with this base.
d2x cIOSs are supported with base IOSs 37,38,56 and 57, see download page 4 (or advanced downloads if u want to install one of those cIOSs to a different slot, like 248 for example)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
IceIceBird said:
d2x cIOSs are supported with base IOSs 37,38,56 and 57, see download page 4 (or advanced downloads if u want to install one of those cIOSs to a different slot, like 248 for example)
Must have missed that one
smile.gif
Nice to see the best bases is supported
wink.gif

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok followed this guide and everything worked..... but donkey kong will still not play.... i tried to delete with backup manager and it said it deleted it but when i turned it back on it said it was there still with wiiflow and the other usb program.... so i couldnt reinstal it either...

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
base ios ....not sure....how do i check?

wasn't sure bout the rip, tried to delete with back up manager....game is gone in the wbfs folder....still shows up in backup manager,wiiflow and cfg loader...wont let me reinstall...do i need to get rid of the artwork?

all other games are a ok!

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got dk to play from a fresh install on a diffrent usb device......
so now i need to figure out how to get the dk deleted off of the original hdd so i can reinstall it

ebethnew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this! I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me though...

I have a virgin wii running 4.3--I ran ModMii, chose wizard etc. as per the instructions on page one of this forum--copied everything in save_to_SD folder to my SD card, put it in my wii, copied the Indiana Jones exploit to the system and loaded the game then followed the instructions...

Then right when I choose the black silhouette/white arrow thing it goes to a black screen with savezelda v1.1/copyright info. at the top, then the following:

This code is licensed to you under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2; see the file COPYING

Font and Graphics by Freddy Leitner

Cleaning up environment...Eventhook release failed with code 0
OK.
SD Card not present? (-1056964576)
SD card not found (-1056964576)v
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging.

Is this a problem with my SD Card? I thought that since I was able to open the SD card and copy/load the Indiana Jones Pwns that I could assume my card was not the problem? But I can't figure out what else it could be--does "no code found" mean that I failed to download something that I needed to? Also, I chose to downgrade to 4.2 when I was running the wizard, but should I have chosen 4.1? My objective in softmodding is just to be able to play games either from a USB or burned to dvd.

I'm sure I made some obvious mistake but this is my first Wii and I can't figure it out--I'd be grateful for any help you can offer...

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
ebethnew said:
Thank you so much for this! I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me though...

I have a virgin wii running 4.3--I ran ModMii, chose wizard etc. as per the instructions on page one of this forum--copied everything in save_to_SD folder to my SD card, put it in my wii, copied the Indiana Jones exploit to the system and loaded the game then followed the instructions...

Then right when I choose the black silhouette/white arrow thing it goes to a black screen with savezelda v1.1/copyright info. at the top, then the following:

This code is licensed to you under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2; see the file COPYING

Font and Graphics by Freddy Leitner

Cleaning up environment...Eventhook release failed with code 0
OK.
SD Card not present? (-1056964576)
SD card not found (-1056964576)v
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging.

Is this a problem with my SD Card? I thought that since I was able to open the SD card and copy/load the Indiana Jones Pwns that I could assume my card was not the problem? But I can't figure out what else it could be--does "no code found" mean that I failed to download something that I needed to? Also, I chose to downgrade to 4.2 when I was running the wizard, but should I have chosen 4.1? My objective in softmodding is just to be able to play games either from a USB or burned to dvd.

I'm sure I made some obvious mistake but this is my first Wii and I can't figure it out--I'd be grateful for any help you can offer...
try using another SD card (Not SDHC) or try reformatting the card with the SD asocciation SD formater and make sure hackmii installer executable (boot.elf) is on the root of the card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast