sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edwarrior said:
hey im extremely new to this softmodding stuff,
but i was wandering,

1. if i follow all the steps carefully 1-by-1, what is the chance of bricking or ruining my wii (little to know experience at softmodding)?

2. how long does the whole procedure usually take?

3. will i still need to do anything that is not listed in the steps?

4. can i un-mod my wii back later if i decide to change my mind, and want to use warranty?

5. i brought my wii maybe 1-2 yrs ago. should i first update to the latest firmware before i use the guide?

thanks !
ModMii is VERY user friendly. Had it not been for it, I'd still be sitting and reading through hundreds of forums topics about how to mod my Wii cause I find it very confusing. I feel its like learning a new language... But anyway, don't forget to thank XFlak, and follow the steps one by one, you should have no problem.

edwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
edwarrior said:
hey im extremely new to this softmodding stuff,
but i was wandering,

1. if i follow all the steps carefully 1-by-1, what is the chance of bricking or ruining my wii?
(i got it for xmas only a few weeks ago)

2. how long does the whole procedure usually take?

3. will i still need to do anything that is not listed in the steps?

4. can i un-mod my wii back later if i decide to change my mind, and want to use warranty?

thanks !
1) if u follow the steps exactly, the risk is next to nothing (so far, no1 has ever bricked their wii using ModMii). The only real risk is the risk of power loss at the exact wrong moment during the installation/update of a couple crucial files

2) if u know what u r doing, 30 minutes tops. If u are new to the experience, it could take a couple hours

3) the After Modding Step suggests some things for u to do after following the guide, but generally, ModMii does it all (u may want to download the "just for fun apps" on download page 2)

4) no, once a wii is modded, there is nothing u can do to prevent nintendo from detecting it has been tampered with. However, the usually don't dig too deep. Read this for more info: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3028841

thanks mate, i edited my post a few mins before you posted,
but i was wandering, if the wii is a few years older, is it best to update the firmware to the latest version first?

also will a micro SD card with an adapter work?

cheers

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u update to the latest firmware (v4.3) u will require a game to mod ur wii, so its best not to update and let ModMii update u instead. But if u already have a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA/JAP), Lego Indiana Jones (USA/PAL) or Yu_gi-oh 5 D's (USA/PAL/JAP) then it doesn't matter.

micro SD card with adapter will probably not work, but its not impossible

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edwarrior said:
also will a micro SD card with an adapter work?

cheers

All topics I've seen regarding micro SD cards were that they don't seem to work well with the soft modding process. I wanted to use my own micro but I used an SD card like instructed, no problems.

edwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to both xflak and sphinx !
smile.gif

one last thing, i was reading another guide before about someone commenting about only being able to softmod up to a LU65 serial numbered model.

my serial number is LAH... is there a difference or anything i should be looking out for?

Thanks again

Tetris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is questioning me about if his Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be messed up if I use the Smash Stack method, so can anyone confirm if it's gonna be messed up after I use it for the Smash Stack or if it doesn't get messed up at all? :x [Huge Noob, sorry.]

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
XFlak said:
all wii's are softmoddable (except virgin 4.3 Korean Wii's), the other guide u were reading must be really old/outdated

Just remember... "In ModMii we trust"

you'll be fine
biggrin.gif
@Xflac, did you check the link I gave you? It might help someone having the same problems I have. You could implement something like that to your forwarder...

Take a look in here: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3391971

azizkeb2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
hi, sorry for been a noob but i have always used modmii all the wii i have done. but now this is one wii thats refusinf to play wii fit/fit plus backups. i have tried the same disc on other wii and they work ok. on this particular wii it reads gets game id but gets stuck on launching game in neogamma while in uloader it brings up a black screen

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
azizkeb2001 said:
hi, sorry for been a noob but i have always used modmii all the wii i have done. but now this is one wii thats refusinf to play wii fit/fit plus backups. i have tried the same disc on other wii and they work ok. on this particular wii it reads gets game id but gets stuck on launching game in neogamma while in uloader it brings up a black screen
probably has a d3-2 drive, in which case it can only read original disks. Do other backups work?
You should probably switch to usb loading any way, its far better than disk loading.

Tex Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M_J_S said:
Hey guys,
i found out that you need lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh

but what happens if you have niether of those games...?
and you hav a wii with 4.3 firmware..??

Is the only solution purchasing the game???

I picked up a pre-owned yu-gi-oh for around $30 from eb games last week. Try their web site, you can locate which stores have it in stock.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tex Zero said:
M_J_S said:
Hey guys,
i found out that you need lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh

but what happens if you have niether of those games...?
and you hav a wii with 4.3 firmware..??

Is the only solution purchasing the game???

I picked up a pre-owned yu-gi-oh for around $30 from eb games last week. Try their web site, you can locate which stores have it in stock.

Then after that, just return it. You have 7 days, from the date of purchase, to return a pre-owned game for your full money* back, for any reason.

The asterisk is to let you know you will get a refund however you paid for the game. So if you paid cash, debit, check or traveler's check, you get cash back. Credit, Edge/PowerUp, Gift Cards goes back on the card.

simonrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use my MicroSD HC 8GB card with an adapter that makes it into a SD card?

Also, does the card ALWAYS need to be in, or just to install modmii?

thankssss!

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simonrope said:

thankssss!

yes you can use sdhc
card always no need to be in

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simonrope said:

thankssss!

The sdhc card will only work if you are using bannerbomb (no game exploits), and only if you are on/above system menu 4.0. But I'm not sure if all the included homebrew has sdhc support either. So to answer your question, it may not work.

-Erik

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
* SDHC support... again
* Improved SD Card support (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC is compatable with all pre-4.2 system menu versions

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
* SDHC support... again
* Improved SD Card support (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC is compatable with all pre-4.2 system menu versions

That is for the hackmii installer. In order to launch that, you need an exploit (bannerbomb, indiana pwns, smash stack or Yu gi oh's). Of those, only one will work with sdhc, and that is bannerbomb. Bannerbomb uses the system menu to launch the exploit. The system menu didn't get sdhc support until 4.0. Therefor if he is on something less than 4.0, it won't be able to run the exploit and no hackmii installer will run.

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: