Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simonrope said:
Im not sure what version wii it is, it's a black wii though, if thats any help?

Go into the options and it will say on the top right. It will most likely be 4.2 or 4.3. If it is 4.3, you will need one of 3 games. If it is 4.2, you can use bannerbomb with your sdhc. But as I said previously, I'm not sure if all the homebrew included works with sdhc, so if you get any errors, you will need a standard sd card.

-Erik

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys! Quick question. For the longest time I have been running older game system emulators from a disc image inside configurable loader but they have stopped working and I am wondering how to get them working again. I really don't want to install them as a channel on the system menu again as they take up memory blocks unnecessarily.

Thanks,

iamwally

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
That is for the hackmii installer. In order to launch that, you need an exploit (bannerbomb, indiana pwns, smash stack or Yu gi oh's). Of those, only one will work with sdhc, and that is bannerbomb. Bannerbomb uses the system menu to launch the exploit. The system menu didn't get sdhc support until 4.0. Therefor if he is on something less than 4.0, it won't be able to run the exploit and no hackmii installer will run.

-Erik

I now understand what you mean ,
indiana pwns, smash stack or Yu gi oh's - it is work only with non sdhc (with any system menu)

simonrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Itll be the best £3 ive ever spent
tongue.gif
thanks pal

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd softmodded my Wii ages ago when the Twilight hack first appeared.

Since then I've faffed with IOS and etc to get areas opened etc.

I've always just used discs to load games and gator 7 has always served my purpose.

Anyhoo, decided to download this handy tool and did. Updated everything including my sys cvers from 3.2 to 4.1 with the red and black theme.

I also managed to back up my NAND which would never happen before as I must have b0rked something along the way.

Superb, brilliant tool.

Priiloader means I can now block the kids from accidentally bricking by updates or in other words I can hook back up to internets.

Hoorah!

Nice one and thanks for tool and post.

smile.gif

bobbobbins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I'd like to say thank you for ModMii. It works awesomely!

I chose to install both cfg usb loader and WiiFlow2.2 using modmii to my external USB FAT32 HD.

When I try to create any changes in the WiiFlow configuration it does not get saved.

I also noticed that ModMii does not create an /apps/WiiFlow/ folder but just puts WiiFlow dol in /apps/usbloader/ folder.

Could this be the problem? Seems like people that have installed WiiFlow without using ModMii have the parental controls working OK.

For example I try using the parental lock but after restarting WiiFlow it is back to fully unlocked mode.

I don't want my kid deleting anything so I would like to have this functionality working.

Any ideas why WiiFlow is not remembering my config changes?

Thanks.

PS. I wasn't sure if this is a WiiFlow or ModMii issue.

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm needing a bit of advice too if possible.

I just posted about priiloader and blocking updates.

But just now when I re-established a wireless connection (it's been off for about a year) the first thing it did was ask me if I wanted to run a system update :/

Is it a case that should one agree to update then it would simply fail ? Or is it that something has gone astray and although preventing updates are (disc and internet) enabled in priiloader something hasn't quite gone according to plan and it has failed ? (even though it is installed).

thx

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bobbobbins said:
First of all I'd like to say thank you for ModMii. It works awesomely!
I chose to install both cfg usb loader and WiiFlow2.2 using modmii to my external USB FAT32 HD.
When I try to create any changes in the WiiFlow configuration it does not get saved.
I also noticed that ModMii does not create an /apps/WiiFlow/ folder but just puts WiiFlow dol in /apps/usbloader/ folder.
Could this be the problem? Seems like people that have installed WiiFlow without using ModMii have the parental controls working OK.
For example I try using the parental lock but after restarting WiiFlow it is back to fully unlocked mode.
I don't want my kid deleting anything so I would like to have this functionality working.
Any ideas why WiiFlow is not remembering my config changes?

Thanks.

PS. I wasn't sure if this is a WiiFlow or ModMii issue.
Try starting it with an sd card in the wii?
EDIT: I just tried it without an sd card, it works fine...
maybe try getting from here maybe?

QUOTE(keasy @ Jan 16 2011, 03:00 PM) I'm needing a bit of advice too if possible.

I just posted about priiloader and blocking updates.

But just now when I re-established a wireless connection (it's been off for about a year) the first thing it did was ask me if I wanted to run a system update :/

Is it a case that should one agree to update then it would simply fail ? Or is it that something has gone astray and although preventing updates are (disc and internet) enabled in priiloader something hasn't quite gone according to plan and it has failed ? (even though it is installed).

thx
I think it should just fail the update, but can't you just decline the update, or turn off your wii?

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
I can just decline, but I'm worried about what my kids will do once they get their little hands on it
wink.gif

Up to now I just disabled the wifi connection (router side) all together to prevent them bricking it.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@keasy: Just tried it on my wii, it just fails the update. So your wii should be safe... unless your kids figure out how to get in to priiloader.

edwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a quick question,

after using this guide do we need to leave the SD card in the wiis slot permanently?

or can i just delete everything off the SD card and use it for whatever

Thanks !

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edwarrior said:
a quick question,

after using this guide do we need to leave the SD card in the wiis slot permanently?

or can i just delete everything off the SD card and use it for whatever

Thanks !
Well, that depends... the wii will keep the homebrew channel, and all the permanent hacks without the sd card. but all the homebrew (stuff in the apps folder) loads from the sd card, so you need to have the sd card in the wii to load that. Or you could load the hombrew off a usb drive if it's more convenient. Just make an "apps" folder on the root of the fat32 formatted usb drive and put apps on it like you would with the sd card.

Brentallini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

I have an older 3.3U console. Does ModMii still preserve the Trucha bug? Or do I have to revert back to a more classic method of softmodding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021