Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

matrixebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I re-softmodded my 4.2U Wii which went fine but looks like I still had to update IOS249 with cIOS Xr20b installer to get COD - BlackOps working off 249 because it would get stuck at the loading screen.
I thought this process had all the latest and greatest IOS's

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
matrixebiz said:
I re-softmodded my 4.2U Wii which went fine but looks like I still had to update IOS249 with cIOS Xr20b installer to get COD - BlackOps working off 249 because it would get stuck at the loading screen.
I thought this process had all the latest and greatest IOS's
black ops works fine using ModMii's recommended cIOSs if u use either 224 or 250 to launch the game

the recommended cIOS249v20[56] has the best compatibility of all the cIOSs.
Base 56 is the only cIOS that couples the faster usb loading speeds of base 57 and the peripheral support (ie. guitar hero games) of base 37.
The only game cIOS249v20[56] cannot launch is black ops, but it can still be used to launch the usb loader as long as u select a base 57 cIOS to launch the game.

so instead of reinstalling cIOS249 with base 57, u could have just launched it using any base 57 cIOS, which in your case was either 224 or 250

curiosg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFLAK,
Thanks for making this happen for me. I'm new at this and not the most software savi person but your guide, app and specially all the info from this kick azz site helped me mod my wii. Thanks again XFLAK.

curiosg

todayisfine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having trouble installing RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2.wad

i have been trying to install it with both MMM and YAWM and i keep getting a error (ret = -1035).

what does this mean and how do i fix/properly install said wad?

also, what exactly is this wad doing?

newbee_1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yaywii.gif

Wonderful!! I started to mod my wii in november ....

With the new release ... no problems
yaywii.gif

Everthing went fine
grog.gif

But, why do I get problems with framework all the time ?? At least he did the job
grog.gif

How can I get rid of the password to start the usb channel?

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks
hrth.gif
toot.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thanks for your work.

I've previously simply followed guides to mod Wiis, but the last two I used ModMii without any problems. It was also nice being able to download everything to the SD Card before starting the process, made it seem a shorter process.

sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is currently a 4.1U and was hacked long ago. I want to re-hack it to get everything up to date. Should I update the firmware to 4.3 first and then use ModMii? Or should I just skip the software update and stick with 4.1?

DarrylT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After using an SD rather than SDHC card everything installed as predicted, a fantastically easy to use bundle, many many thanks to XFlak for putting this together and providing continuing support.

Thanks must also go to davebaol for the advice about the SD cards, saved a n00b from a panic attack
smile.gif

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi xFlac.
Just wanted to let you know that the IOS236-v5-Mod folder isn't deleted after running FC from modmii...
I don't know if it's on purpose or a bug but I thought it would be good to tell you.
Otherwise good version like all of the previous ones. Specially liking the new USB forwarder....

PS: I manually deleted the folder ASSUMING it was OK. If it's supposed to stay in there please let me know to restore it.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it's a little bug of the file cleanup feature.
You don't need IOS236 Installer on your sd card after you used it.

@DarrylT
Glad it worked as expected

Madriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sigh... Sorry about this, but I've turned everywhere without any luck.

I modded a 4.2e virgin Wii with Modmii. Everything went without a hitch. I have some experience with modding, although I haven't touched a Wii after hard+softmodding mine (I know hardmod's useless, but I had a spare laying around and felt like tinkering). Anyway, I followed the generated guide to the letter. The problem comes when I tried to install the USB HDD, a 250 gb Western Digital (more than enough for my friend). It wouldn't recognize it, formatted as Fat32 using the WBFS Manager that came with the ModMii bundle. I thought it was a problem with the loader, so I tried to start it up using Usb Loader GX (which I have on mine, at the time I didn't know of ModMii, and it was quite a while ago) and my own, WBFS-formatted USB HDD, which I know for a fact to be working. No luck.

So now I turn to you people: what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and I hope I did the right thing posting here rather than creating a new topic.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure the HDD is plugged into the bottom USB port

if there is a sleep timer on the hard drive, try installing the WD Smartware software in order to disable it

Make sure there is a "wbfs" folder on the root of your hard drive, it should have been created by ModMii and/or WiiBackupManager, but if it isn't there, the drive may not be recognized (I think)

If its still not recognized, try plugging in the hard drive into the Wii at different times. For example, at wii startup, or at the system menu, or in the homebrew channel. Wait 20 seconds or so to ensure the drive has initialized, then try launching your usb-loader (either via a forwarder channel or the HBC).

nash33

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi to all members,

sorry for this noob question but you talk about the exploit with some games like lego NTSC or PAL and super smash NTSC but for the 4.3E can i use the ntsc games like super smash PAL bescause lego isn't available ! ....... ?

thx

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
For PAL Wii's there are only 2 games u can use as an exploit, Lego Indiana Jones or Yu-Gi-Oh 5 D's. The Smash Stack exploit has not yet been ported to the PAL version of Super Smash Bros Brawl, but people are working on it (I wouldn't hold my breath though, they've been working on it awhile now).

lostwiiinspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions...

one. is there are way to make the usb loader gx on the wii more stable? if so how?

two. how do i get Call of duty black ops to work? i have the game in my usb loader and when i start it it says it's loading and it never finishs i have waited 6 hours for it to load and it didnt

three. how can i get mario kart wii not to freeze when i try to play it... after i slect my map and characters.

four. what will happen if i take the sd card out of my wii now?

Please help me and thanks still for everything

Alexminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hi xflak i just mod my WII from 4.1 U mod to 4.2 U mod. My wii its old so i can play games through disc channel..but when i update the ios with the ios downloaded with modwii then i can't play disc.
I made a research n if i update the ios 60 n 70(for menu 4.2) then the channel disc don't work...n beside if the other ios aren't patch bug trucha then the disc don't play..so i decide just update only the patched ios...there's any program that patch any ios...in the wii or pc??
thank
alex out

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@lostwiiinspace,

1) the only way is by learning to code and modify the source code to improve it

2) assuming u are using configurable usb-loader and have ModMii's recommended cIOSs installed, just launch the game using IOS250 or 224. To get online u will need to create two profiles, then start campaign mode with both of them, then try connecting to multiplayer using both of them, and it will work on the 2nd try. Also, to get online u may need to update your shopping channel and launch it in order to accept the shop channels user agreement. If u've already used the shopping channel on your Wii sometime in the past, u probably don't need to bother with that. If you're using wiiflow, install cIOS249v19[57] and use it to launch WiiFlow and to launch the game (note that this IOS is not base 56, so it wont be able to play games with peripheral devices like guitar hero, for that, use either a base 37 or a base 56 cIOS)

3) try re-ripping the game, u may have a bad rip. Or, if a lot of your games freeze, you may have a sleep timer on your hard drive, u should disable that. You can also try defragmenting the hard drive, but unless its extremely fragmented it probably wont make a difference.

4) the SD card button on the main menu will change colours, lol. Seriously though, all it means is u wont be able to access apps saved on the sd card, if u save your apps to a FAT32 hard drive, u can access those apps from there instead of the SD card. There are only a handful of apps that ONLY work using an SD card and not a hard drive (ie. bootmii, sneek/uneek, mymenuify... maybe more I can't think of right now).

@Alexminator,
if u want to play backups from the disc channel, install darkcorp, but be sure to read the risks in the read me first.

If u want to just play backup discs without darkcorp or the disc channel, u can do so using NeoGamma or configurable usb-loader. I even built a neogamma autoboot mod so that when u launch the channel it will just automatically load the game without taking you to a menu (you can still access the menu by pressing a button after launching the app before the game loads). If you want the neogamma autoboot mod, check out my top channels page (links provided in the last step of all ModMii guides).

lostwiiinspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THX that means alot for me and do you kno where i can learn the code? and like a guide of how to modify it? and how do i install cIOS249v19[57] and modmii recommends? I need alot of help for #2 lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1