• Total voters

Hans23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak,
thanks for the tips and education on USB Loader.
One more question. Since we dont need original disks to mod version under 4.3, do you think it would be a good idea to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2 and use Bannerbomb to mod?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hans23 said:
XFlak,
thanks for the tips and education on USB Loader.
One more question. Since we dont need original disks to mod version under 4.3, do you think it would be a good idea to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2 and use Bannerbomb to mod?

If you have the original game you don't have to worry about it as you only use that exploit once to install the HBC. The only benefit of bannerbomb is that you don't have to insert any disc to perform the exploit and that the exploit is direct (you only load the channel from you SD and voila! contrary to using the disc because you have to perform a 2 or 3 steps in the game before the exploit works)

Hans23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton,
Thanks for the reply. I dont have any of the original disks. Hence was thinking if it would make sense to downgrade and use BannerBomb.

thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you're wii is already on 4.3, u need to softmod it first before u can downgrade, so u would need a disc whether u want to stay on 4.3 or downgrade to 4.2

there are a couple exceptions which ONLY sometimes apply to Wii's that have already been hacked but lost the HBC, for example, if u have a forwarder channel still installed from a prior softmod, or bootmii installed as boot2, then u can re-softmod your wii without a disc based exploit

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hans23 said:
Burton,
Thanks for the reply. I dont have any of the original disks. Hence was thinking if it would make sense to downgrade and use BannerBomb.

thanks

Do you have HBC installed in 4.3? If not then you need the disc.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarK_HumOuR said:
The program is fabulous!
updating from 3.2 to 4.2 wasnt so easier before!
thank you!

This app is a lifesaver. Xflak has design it in such way that the user will have the necessary files needed to softmod their wii's without the worry of misplacing files or misread steps in wii hacking guides.

However this project had taken a lot of time and effort so as I always suggest if you feel the need to, you can always donate to the author.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
DarK_HumOuR said:
The program is fabulous!
updating from 3.2 to 4.2 wasnt so easier before!
thank you!

This app is a lifesaver. Xflak has design it in such way that the user will have the necessary files needed to softmod their wii's without the worry of misplacing files or misread steps in wii hacking guides.

However this project had taken a lot of time and effort so as I always suggest if you feel the need to, you can always donate to the author.

OBJECTION. This program isn't good enough because smashdude is having trouble with it. No program for the Wii will ever be brilliant unless smashdude understands it.
tongue.gif

Nahh XFlak, your program is a miracle. I let my six year old brother hack my cousin's wii and he ends up being succesful.
tongue.gif

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using a WBFS formatted ext. hd to play my Wii backups. If I switch to a FAT32 formatted ext. hd as recommended, do I need to convert my .iso files to .wbfs files... and if so, how? Also, will I still be able to rip games via CFG USB Loader to the FAT32 formatted ext. hd? ... and will they rip as .iso or .wbfs? Will I need to partition my ext. hd to WBFS and FAT32 so I can rip games as .iso files to the WBFS partition, then convert them to .wbfs files, and then move them to the FAT32 partition?

DarrylT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please forgive the n00bness; but is there a list anywhere of the files that should be on the SD card after running modmii?

I'm using the indiana pwns exploit and when I select "switch" on the character in the art room I get an error message that says there is no code to load....

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should have the files
SD:\private\wii\title\rlie\data.bin
SD:\private\wii\title\rlip\data.bin
SD:\private\wii\title\rlij\data.bin

Actually only the one corresponding to your region is required.
e = NTSC-U
p = PAL
j = NTSC-J

DarrylT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got 4 folders:
apps
MyMenufy-Themes
private
WAD

and 6 files:
boot.elf
bootmini.elf
Download_Log
hacks
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
mmmconfig
ModMiiGuide

The private folder has the files you specified, any idea why they're not being found by the hack?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you copy on your wii the hacked savegame for LIJ (that's the actual exploit, namely Indiana PWNS)?
Also try a different sd card not sdhc.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I had modded my Wii wit modmii v4.4.2, now i found new v4.4.3, do I have to re mod my wii with this v? Please advise
Short Answer is - No !!

I softmodded my Wii using NUSD (the original name of ModMii) & all games have worked fine with that (until I tried to manual update a IOS & buggered it up - I then used Modmii 4.2 IIRC, everything still runs though)

One reason for using a newer version of ModMii is if you wish to download all the latest IOS etc (such as 'Shopping Channel Updates') to update the Wii (if necessary), or if you'd like some of the 'newer features' (I've noticed that the latest allows downloading a new Red/Black Wii theme)

@XFlak: Why only the one theme ?? & why the 'DarkWii (Red)' one - I would prefer the ''DarkWii (blue)''
wink.gif
& I THINK there's even a 'DarkWii (Green)'

DarrylT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Did you copy on your wii the hacked savegame for LIJ (that's the actual exploit, namely Indiana PWNS)?
Also try a different sd card not sdhc.

Yeah, did all that thanks to the easy to follow instructions and an overpriced 2nd hand copy of the game. The card I'm using is SDHC; games and everything copy over fine so I thought it would be ok, that'll teach me. I'll get hold of an SD and try again, many thanks for your help

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well fw 4.x supports sdhc cards but Lego indiana jones doens't.
Just use a standard sd card and it will work fine.

@XFlak:
That's a well known limit for both indiana pwns and yu-gi-owned.
Not sure if modmii's guide reports that explicitly.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@CannonFoddr, it was actually a lot of work to support just one theme. Each theme I add results in an additional 24 downloads (4.1/4.2/4.3 CSMs and System Menu's for U/E/J/K). If I were to ever support another theme, it would only be the most popular/requested one or two. Btw, do u have a link to the mym files for the themes u linked to above?

Btw, ModMii used to be called NUSAD (NUS Auto Downloader), NUSD is just NUS Downloader, no big deal, but I just thought I'd mention that there's a difference

@davebaol, I don't own an SDHC card, only an SD card, and this is the first I'm reading of this. In the next update I'll explicitly state that a non-sdhc card is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT