bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@bralph,
Yes, tell it that your Wii is a virgin and follow the guide... that will update your cIOSs (used by USB Loaders and other apps), and if you choose to install extra brick protection you will also have a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel (this channel can also be downloaded via DL Page 2 if you choose not to go for the extra brick protection). But that is all the ModMii Wizard does for USB-Loaders.

To download the most recent CFG-USB Loader and the files+instructions required to set up your hard drive (which may not apply to you since u already have cfg usb loader working) you will need to run the USB-Loader setup feature. This doesn't download a lot of items (maybe 4-6), but the guide is really worth reading, especially for those who still haven't heard of WiiBackupManager.

Worked wonderfully! Thanks so much! CFG still worked as usual, but I updated it to the latest version as well.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I was able to replicate the error by adjusting my windows language settings...

And I was able to fix it without using tj`s code so u don`t need to worry about admin rights (thx for the code tj, it may still come in handy for me later)

I`ll try to put out a quick update within the next day or so for those using non-english language settings

4.3.4 pre-release changelog:
QUOTE said:
Fixed bug in SNEEK Game Bulk Extractor only effecting users with
non-English language settings causing ModMii to ALWAYS tell you
that you don`t have enough free space to continue.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.3.4 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii for Windows v4.3.4 Here

Download the French version of ModMii for Windows v4.3.4 Here

See first post for more info and direct download links.

2drswas.jpg

4.3.4 Changelog
  • Fixed bug in SNEEK Game Bulk Extractor only effecting users with
    non-English language settings causing ModMii to ALWAYS tell you
    that you don`t have enough free space to continue.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help,after updating my wii from 4.1 to 4.2 with this software.my wii don't recognise bootmii as boot2 again.what should i do,already try reinstalling bootmii but got error 1

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
gil21 said:
help,after updating my wii from 4.1 to 4.2 with this software.my wii don't recognise bootmii as boot2 again.what should i do,already try reinstalling bootmii but got error 1
You need the bootmii folder saved to the root of your SD card to access bootmii. If you're missing it, you can download it via the ModMii's bootmii configurator feature (edit: or you can use the hackmii installer to 'prepare an sd card')

The error from trying to install bootmii probably means an incompatible SD card or your have the sd card write locked.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii Updater Released!

I had a couple minutes to spare before starting my mini-vacation, so I wrote a very small ModMii Updater program.

When you run ModMii Updater it will download, extract and open the most recent version of ModMii (whetever version that is at the time).

It's kind of pointless if you already have any version of ModMii since it already has the ability to check for updates built right into it... but I thought some people may find it useful (it should at very least help to stop noobs from running ModMii from within the *.zip file instead of extracting it first).

Download Links:
ModMii Updater.exe
ModMii Updater (French).exe

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
im having problems with the xzxero's guide with my 4.2k wii.

so i can just set that i have a virgin wii eventhough i already have homebrew channel?
also how can i change my 4.2k to 4.2U?

jimbobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So on the Wad step, i selected them all by selecting + for 2 seconds then 'A' twice. 43 of them all wnt through a long install list.

Now done, it has brought me to a page which lists all those wads and has options like

a: to proceed
+: to batch install
1: to install all wads in folder

I am not sure what to do as i thought i just installed them all, where do i go from here, as the guide does not mention it.

thanks

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Select WAD Manager,, u will see a lot of WADs there. Then hold + for 2 seconds; u will see a PLUS at left side WAD name. Now just press A to install them and A again to corfirm! its simple
smile.gif
and this is inside guide:
"Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all."
just follow step by step and read all info
good luck
smile.gif

dpanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And here I thought I had a pretty streamlined way of softmodding Wii's.... lol you just make it so easy and quick that it's almost too good to be true
biggrin.gif

Thanks a million mate, uber nice work
happy.gif

atmonline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused
unsure.gif

My WII version is 4.3U, I used to have homebrew now not working. If I use modmii, will it work again. I mean do I need to downgrade to previous version (?), then upgrade to 4.3U (both procedure using modemii ) ???

or I had to follow something else (by using a smarsh brother game hack)?

thanks for your support. long live wii.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I used ModMii to update a modded 4.1E Wii. Reason being that the Wii was modded a year ago and it needed the wad updates.

Everything went fine - I went through the complete procedure - but now I have about 450 blocks less storage on the Wii. What could be the reason for that?

@atmonline: Yes, it will work. I modded a 4.3E Wii that was unfortunately updated in exactly this way with ModMii. However, you need an original Lego Indiana Jones for it to work, there are no easy exploits for 4.3 to my knowledge (at least I used Indiana Pwns for that).

MetalHead793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I am on a 4.2u softmodded Wii and I want to downgrade to 4.1. Will I have to re-virginize my Wii before I downgrade? All of my IOS are up to date with 4.3 standards but my system menu is 4.2u

C-Fu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

Here in Malaysia most of the Wiis that are being sold here are 3.2K Wiis that are pre-modified from shops into 3.2U or 4.0U Wiis.

And I have a 3.2K pre-modded to 3.2U Wii (a korean 3.2U Wii).

My question is wether it is safe to mod it using ModWii into 4.x U Wii. Some people say it's okay, some says better not.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MetalHead793: no necessary downgrade to 4.1 if u are on 4.2. Its the same advantages. The diference is if you were on 4.1 and updated to 4.2 - that way you would lose HBC and others homebrews. So,,,, no reason to downgrade!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ C-Fu,
it is totally safe to use. Just make sure when it asks you what region your wii is, you answer region changed "RC"

PS. I'm back from visiting DeadlyFoez in New Hampshire... it was an epic meeting of the minds and we were able to learn a lot from each other!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1