• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
if the path is too long you are having an issue launching it...
weird.
if you could share the source, maybe I can track this issue down for you.

R

ps. haven't had time to start testing the beta, I am hoping to do it tonight, sorry for the delay.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
redia said:
if the path is too long you are having an issue launching it...
weird.

Its not just my program, I think this is a windows issue.... so far no apps I've tried work when the path is 255+ chars (in fact, windows XP wont let you exceed this number). I even tried the original nus downloader and it acts the same way.

if you could share the source, maybe I can track this issue down for you.

I'll send u a PM with it, but like I said, I don't think this is something that can be fixed... especially since the app wont even load when the path is that long (so it wont be able to read ANY of the code you add to fix it). I could be mistaken though, so I'll send u a PM with the source
biggrin.gif

R

ps. haven't had time to start testing the beta, I am hoping to do it tonight, sorry for the delay.
no worries, thx for testing!

Samosa_007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Xflax I used your auto downloader to upgrade my firmware however when I use Yawmm to install IOS60v6174[FS+ES+NP] it gives me an error. Can you help me please? I want to upgrade my firmware.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samosa_007 said:
Hey Xflax I used your auto downloader to upgrade my firmware however when I use Yawmm to install IOS60v6174[FS+ES+NP] it gives me an error. Can you help me please? I want to upgrade my firmware.
If you're on 4.2 already, then your IOS60 will be stubbed. This can be removed using DOPMii, or YAWMM as well (I think) by chosing "uninstall wad" (to remove stub) and then "install wad" (to install the patched ios60)

Samosa_007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im not on firmware 4.2 though, im trying to upgrade to 4.1 and what do mean by stubbed? I'm on firmware 4.1 now however That ios i mentioned before is the only one that is not installing.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... System menu 4.1 runs off of IOS60 so if you're able to boot into system menu 4.1, then IOS60 is installed, but maybe not the patched one you downloaded through NUS Auto Downloader.

If I were you, I'd use DOPMii to download an unpatched IOS60v6174, patch it within DOPMii and install it with DOPMii. This is how I've upgraded my IOS's and haven't had a problem yet.

Or you could wait for someone who knows better than I to help you with NAD and YAWMM
closedeyes.gif

Samosa_007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
even though ios60v6174 is installed, should I install priiloader?

Posts merged

even though ios60v6174 is installed, should I install priiloader?

sneeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey need help here. I'm installing the wads from ur guide and it gave me error at the end with 2 missing files. The 4.2Systemv481 wad and ISO70-64-v6687[FS+ES+NP].wad

what to do? Thanks

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is anyone else having problems with nus auto downloader cause i down load it then wen i come to open the file it says "can not create some of your include files" and comes up with a list of 7 files that it cant create then wen i run the wizard answer all the questions it says "generating guide, please wait, your downloads will begin shortly and it has bin like this for the last 2 and a half hours can someone help please

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kris39 said:
is anyone else having problems with nus auto downloader cause i down load it then wen i come to open the file it says "can not create some of your include files" and comes up with a list of 7 files that it cant create then wen i run the wizard answer all the questions it says "generating guide, please wait, your downloads will begin shortly and it has bin like this for the last 2 and a half hours can someone help please
that opening message is BS, it usually means u exited the app by clicking the X instead of using the exit option from within the app

when u X out this way, the supporting files (which are extracted every time u start the program) are not erased upon exit, so when u start the program the next time, it has to overwrite those existing files, and sometimes it has troubles doing so, which is the why u are getting that message. But it doesn't make a difference, if it can't create the files, its because they are already there, so it doesn't matter, just ignore that message and continue

that generating guide message should only be there for 3-10 seconds TOPS, if its taking longer than that, its probably a random windows error/freeze that could happen to any program... I would just start the program up again, and try again... if u continue to have the same problem, let me know exactly what u were doing when it happened and I will look into it (but i think if u try it again it will work fine for you)

@everyone,
I was hoping to release an update for NUSAD soon, but it looks like I have to rewrite some code to do things differently in order to keep it 100% legal (the current beta is probably legal to distribute, but after I rewrite the code, it will be legal for sure without a doubt... so just to be safe, I won't be releasing the current "legally grey area" beta... but my next update is going to be the coolest update yet IMHO).

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've said it once, and I'll say it again (hopefully for the last time)

THERE IS NO VIRUS IN THIS PROGRAM

False-Positive Explanation:
the 4 out of 41 antivirus's that are falsely classifying NUSAD as a trojan virus are doing so because NUSAD drops "unrecognized" executable files when it is used. These files are totally safe (an example of one of these exe files is the free command line version of 7zip, obviously not a virus). In layman's terms, because the antivirus's don't know what executables are bundled with NUSAD, it 'plays it safe' and calls it a virus when in fact it is not. This is a classic false-positive situation.

I assure u, this program does not have a virus, I would never release anything that isn't 100% virus free.

... on the bright side, 37 of 41 antivirus's have determined my program is safe (according to your virus summary)

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the NUSAutoGuide and I'm getting trouble at this part.

QUOTE said:
3) RESTORING THE TRUCHA BUG
Start the HBC and load Dop-Mii. Press A on the Welcome screen to continue.
Select "Install IOS36 (r3351) w/FakeSign" (Go down once). Press A to continue.
It will ask you if you are sure that you want to continue, so press A again.
Choose the location of your IOS: Change it to "Load IOS wad from sd card" (2 times right or left) and press A.
Once it finishes, it will ask to "Apply ES_Identify Patch to IOS36". Press A to accept it.
Then it'll ask if you want to enable NAND permissions as well. Press A to accept this too
Choose the location of your IOS: Change it to "Load IOS wad from sd card" (2 times right or left) and press A.
Resetting IOS15 is optional, but recommended, so press A to accept.
Note: Your Homebrew Channel may turn upside-down. Ignore it for now and continue.

Everytime I select load from SD Card it says that it cannot open the WAD. I tried continuing even though it said that. When it got to the Resetting IOS15... I get a code dump.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Don't worry about the error, it checks the SD:/WAD directory first, and if the file it needs isn't there, it says "error", but then continues to look in the root of the SD card second, then it finds the wad, and continues/installs fine (so this isn't an error at all)

re your stack dump, it could just be a random stack dump, these things happen

confirm that you have two IOS15 wads and one IOS36 wad saved on your sd card in either the root of the card or the wad folder, then just try that step again and it should work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy