Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

elijah067

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I need some help. I used MODMii to change region. My wii is already softmodded from the guide at wii.guide. I followed the instructions correctly until i got stuck at launching the priloader says it lacks i lack IOS236. So i go back to wii.guide to get the priiloader app and run it on my wii and it worked fine. Now i am trying to launch the ARC from the MODMii and my wii just freezes. Whats going on? I tried to accessed the system menu and it seems bricked.

I feel like i need to re mod my wii. Can i do that at my current state of my wii using the modmii guide?

Or should i download and install the wad files for a Japanese system then remod my wii?

Last edited by elijah067,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1) yes, but the version of any region Changer included in modmii does not currently support wiimote plus remotes, if this is an issue for you, use this version https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-test-new-tools-for-modmii-please.533855/

Note that it's just during the region change, afterwards games and other things will continue to support both kinds of remotes

2) just the risk of bricking during the change, but as long as u follow the guide closely, the only real risk is losing power at a critical moment, and even then if u have bootmii installed as boot2 you're fine

3) yes

4) yes

5) yes, it's actually recommended to reinstall things like priiloader which would have been uninstalled during the region change process

6) don't run over your wii with a truck... seriously this happened to someone I know I real life, lol

Is there a way to region change a Wii U or vWii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I need some help. I used MODMii to change region. My wii is already softmodded from the guide at wii.guide. I followed the instructions correctly until i got stuck at launching the priloader says it lacks i lack IOS236. So i go back to wii.guide to get the priiloader app and run it on my wii and it worked fine. Now i am trying to launch the ARC from the MODMii and my wii just freezes. Whats going on? I tried to accessed the system menu and it seems bricked.

I feel like i need to re mod my wii. Can i do that at my current state of my wii using the modmii guide?

Or should i download and install the wad files for a Japanese system then remod my wii?
I think the version of ARC modmii uses may need 236. So just install that then try running ARC again.

... this probably wouldn't be an issue if ModMii was used originally to mod the wii. The good news is that this should be fairly simple to recover from using the steps above. If for some reason it doesn't work, reinstall a Jap system menu and system menu IOS (and reinstall priiloader) and you'll be able to access the system menu as it was before attempting the region change.
Is there a way to region change a Wii U or vWii?
Wrong section, this is for Wii hacking only. I'd give you an answer if I knew what it was but I never researched the WiiU or vWii to the same extent that I did the original Wii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Typically it's installed using the IOS 236 installer app, and it needs IOS36 saved to the SD root.

If u run ModMii's main wizard it will get all the files for u and u can skip directly to this step. Otherwise u can get it manually from modmii classic's download page 1 and 2 (page 2 for IOS36 which needs to be saved to root). I can't recall but I may have even put a wad of ios236 on download page 2.

Reactions: elijah067

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

@XFlak
I want to "report" please:

The "All Region Cheat Codes" on Download Page 2/USBLoader Files option "CC" is sadly not working.

cccodes1.jpg

(It says "Filename already exists,or File not found")

cccodes2.jpg

If they dowloaded from "geckocodes.org" then maybe of the DDos protection from their site ?

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yeah this feature might be broke... but it's a minor feature. I may not get around to investigating this

Edit: @alexander1970 your output seems to not be in English, this may be the cause of your issues - that is assuming of course that this feature is working for others, which I'm unfortunately unable to test atm to confirm one way or the other.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
but it's a minor feature. I may not get around to investigating this

Please do not be so compassionate on me.....:D

It would have been easier to get the Cheats on the Wii.
The USBLoaderGX also no onger supports Cheat Code download of geckocodes.org DDoS protection.

Thank you for your reply.:)

Darker27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@XFlak
I need some of your help: /,
when I try to follow one of the Comments on how to create a .dol of an Internet url with modmii, it is created, but when it comes to passing it to Wad with CustoMizeMII and installing it, it is only redirected to the browser menu and not to the specific url .

Thank you for your answer,

(If any word you don't understand, it's Google's fault :))

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest release of ModMii has trouble creating a proper SNEEK Korean stock NAND. When it's time for ShowMiiWads to come up, it says the folder "temp/WAD" doesn't exist, and when it's done creating the NAND and I go ahead and load up the NAND in nSwitch, it stops loading after a while leaving me stuck on the message "Reloading BootMii IOS!"

For the record, I also created EU, US and JP NANDs and they all worked fine, so I guess a folder typo error is made here.

(tbh not really a problem or something big, but it also can't fetch a Japanese Internet Channel wad anymore on NUS)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So.... modmii.000webhostapp.com stopped working, I have no idea for how long. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I noticed before anyone else reported it! I got it back up and running but this time at modmiiwii.000webhostapp.com

At the same time I noticed all the pics from the first post, hosted at tinypic.com, stopped working because they shut the site down. So I updated the links and reuploaded new images so the first post doesn't look broken. During the process I got sick of looking at the old modmii.zzl.org banner so I quickly photoshopped it out

before
modmiibanner - Copy.png

after
modmiibanner.png

TLDR:
I updated the first post with modmii's latest web address modmiiwii.000webhostapp.com

edit: if there are any bored ModMii fans out there [I'm talking to you @alexander1970 , lol :) ] you should try reading through the the full changelog here. Seriously I can't believe I ever had that time to just write that changelog let alone modmii itself, seriously go check and see just how long this f'ing changelog is. So if you manage to read through the whole changelog you are a beast.... for the rest of us maybe just just skim through it looking for changelog jokes! For a long stretch there I ended all my changelogs with 1 nerdy joke... man, I was telling dad jokes before I became a dad that's hilarious. /rant, peace y'all

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...