• Total voters

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Tried updating from 6.3 to 7.0
it went through 6.3 to 6.7 fine
then 6.7 to 7.0 seems to get stuck in a loop. Every time it runs the update it ends up being still on 6.7 and trying to update again ... did you change the version number correctly?

edit : typo

Reactions: 1 person

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tried updateing from 6.3 to 7.0
it went through 6.3 to 6.7 fine
then 6.7 to 7.0 seems to get stuck in a loop. Every time it runs the update it ends up being still on 6.7 and trying to update again ... did you change the version number correctly?

The same happens to me.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Turn off automatic updates from the options menu and update manually from the google-code site.

This bug seriously need addressing, fix it please!

Thank you on behalf of everyone that uses ModMii, including myself! :)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I wasnt updating to use modmii , for me modmii has served its purpose currently , i just ran the update to check it worked. To assist. As thats how you would expect it to go. And im sure xflak also.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
This sucks. We thought that we squashed all the bugs. But this update is still using his old code, so there may be a bug in v6.0.7 that is messing this up for us. XFlak says he might just have to release v6.0.8 so ppl can update to 7.0.0

Either way, I need someone to come into #modmii on the abjects server and do a fresh vanilla install of windows in a VM. If modmii updates correctly then it's an issue with a temp folder and permissions.

EDIT: I just talked with XFlak. He is really busy studying right now and was rather annoyed that I called him about this. He said it will have to wait until later.

But in other news, theres plenty of people reporting that they updated perfectly fine. IDK why and I'm trying to figure it out.

Everyone, please try updating and report back here if it did not work for you, what OS you are on, if you are an admin or not, and please give as much info as possible.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Without much feedback from ppl, I can't really figure out wtf is the issue.

So, I'm back to playing minecraft for a little bit longer until some more people speak up.

It currently has about 300 downloads and only about 5 ppl reporting issues, so it is working for most ppl.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea man it keeps looping. 5 pl + looping. that's why the number is so high. it just looped like 5 time on me. keeps asking to update every time i run 6.0.7 i do an it still say's i'm on 6.0.7.???

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What OS are you on? Did you do an update or a fresh install? Do you have it as a portable install and full install?
windows 7 an windows xp, both updates will try a fresh install on the xp machine. an see i don't use portable.
just tried, it will download 6.0.7 then ask to update to 7.0, when it's done it shows the files downloading, then at the bottom it give me an error message.
sub item 1 error, then restarts. back to main page an still on 6.0.7

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It's looping for me as well, so I went to the google code page and downloaded ModMii7.0.0.zip and when I extract it and run it it still says its 6.0.7
Sorry, that was my fault. I was trying to determine where the update was messed up and I was trying to see if the zip file was corrupt. I'm kinda at a loss at the moment. I will try to fix that in a minute.

But it aparently is working for some people.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
is it actually v7 but its rev number hasnt been updated , thats how it seems , is there a way to test the version i have without it trying to upgrade , as it shows it is d/ling v7.

using modmii skin also loops , and cancelling the option to upgrade allows it to run and is still 6.7 there is no v7.bat file in the modmii dir.

link1s

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a looping upgrade from 6.0.7 to 7.0.
Running Windows 7 pro with admin and using "classic" modmii & modskin does the same

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Still, the update has been live for 4 hours and downloaded nearly 1,000 times and only a small handful of people are complaining that the update isn't working. It's working on my computer. I've been trying to replicate the issue that everyone is having and I can't make it happen.

Well, to all those that did successfully update, Happy Hacking, and to the rest of you then I guess it's just a bad day for you. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: