Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Sorry I posted on the newbie thread but realise maybe I should have posted here? I used the Modmii program to mod my wii from 3.4E to 4.1. I installed Bootmii as Boot 2, installed the homebrew channel and made a nand backup but then after I exited, I now can't get past the health and safety screen - the screen just goes black.

I've gone through everything over and over and have followed the guide exactly so don't know if and how I have managed to brick the Wii - I'm really hoping someone can help me please?

I have Bootmii on the root of the sd card but Bootmii doesn't load, I'm really confused :blink:

Thanks for any help in advance!

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi DeadlyFoez, the serial number starts with LEH1040. Nope, literally was just following the guide to the letter so it seems really odd. I used a freshly formatted sd card before I started and just used what was created.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
did you confirm all the files ModMii downloaded were "valid" before installing them? Either way, since u were able to install bootmii@boot2 u should be able to easily recover from whatever weirdness is going on.

Just to verify, all you did was load the hackmii installer using bannerbomb, install bootmii@boot2 and the HBC, then load bootmii, make a nand backup, and then from there u are unable to load the system menu?

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
According to the serial number, you in fact could have installed bootmii into boot2. So either the bootmii files are messed up, the bootmii.ini files has to set to auto launch the system menu, or your sd card is incompatible.

Shit, i have to go at the moment...

Reactions: 1 person

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak, thanks for your reply. Yep, I did exactly what you have just listed there. Yes it said at the end that they were valid in the box.

I thought I should be able to get out of this but I don't know how to get into anything as I can't get into anything even with the sd card in the Wii

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the serial number, you in fact could have installed bootmii into boot2. So either the bootmii files are messed up, the bootmii.ini files has to set to auto launch the system menu, or your sd card is incompatible.

Shit, i have to go at the moment...

I was a bit surprised that it said I could install Bootmii as Boot 2 as I thought that my old Wii was also 3.4E and I wasn't able to install Botmii as Boot 2 but I thought I must have been mistaken. It definitely said it had installed as Boot 2. I really hope it isn't fully bricked.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, sorry! I was in the homebrew channel and I pressed the home button and clicked on Launch Bootmii. I then used the power and reset buttons to navigate the menu.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, so you made your nand backup after launching bootmii from bootmii-IOS. So basically u installed bootmii as boot2 and the HBC, exited to the homebrew channel, did not turn off the wii, and from the HBC launched bootmii, made a nand backup, powered off the wii, powered on the wii, did not see bootmii menu, loaded health and safety screen, pressed A to continue, and freeze... correct?

have u tried booting without anything plugged into the wii? No sd card, gc memory cards, or anything?

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so you made your nand backup after launching bootmii from bootmii-IOS. So basically u installed bootmii as boot2 and the HBC, exited to the homebrew channel, did not turn off the wii, and from the HBC launched bootmii, made a nand backup, powered off the wii, powered on the wii, did not see bootmii menu, loaded health and safety screen, pressed A to continue, and freeze... correct?

have u tried booting without anything plugged into the wii? No sd card, gc memory cards, or anything?

Yep this is exactly what happened. Yes, with nothing in, the health and safety screen comes up, I press A, and it goes almost black but you can still see the health and safety screen in the background although it is faint.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, well I managed to use the nand backup but my Wii still does the same thing and freezes. It sometimes loads into Bootmii but most of the time doesn't so I have transferred the files to another SD card and it has loaded up Bootmii but it is the first time I have tried it with this SD card so don't really want to turn it off again. I don't really know what to do now as I can get into HBC but don't know what to do from there. Cheers B-)

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it would be wise to do a system check using SysCheck (available on ModMii). Then possibly use ModMii to update anything that you might need.

Also, Maybe it would wise to use Any Title Deleter MOD (available on WiiBrew) and find the source of the problem that way.

That's all I can think of... But, if you need any more help just feel free to ask.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your help - what would i be looking for with any title deleter, anything in particular or is there anything I shouldn't do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ