JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo just took the files down. For now you can follow Softmod ANY Wii.

Since I am trying to "update" my softmod (because it had a semi brick, had to restore a nand image, and now I am back at square one) I assume it is safe to follow that guide skipping the Chapter 1 (installing bootmii + HBC + nand backup) right? Thanks
I strongly suggest you follow it anyway. It will update anything you need and make sure you are running the HBC on IOS58.

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There are different types of patching that can be done (kinda like diff) that wont have copyrighted code in the patch itself. I think IPS patcher works that way, but I'm not sure. But those are other options.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? not sure cause i'm no where near as good as the kings of modding, but wouldn't this effect sneek/neek? if trying to get a 4.2?.. the only reason i ask is because i just ran mod mii couple of hours ago, an got the 4.2u menu, an tested an it works fine.. along with all the iso/ciso..

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well good to know, copying that now, an putting in a very safe place. damn this sucks.. guess they are trying to make room for wii u.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Nintendo even took down their 4.2 SM's. This sucks.

XFlak is goign to have to get very crafty to get modmii to survive this.
I'm pretty sure softmodding is out of the picture for ModMii now, but ModMii can do a lot more than that.

I might have to set up an auto-replying email addy like the other stickied guide... I dunno. I'm on a conference call right now and busy with work, I can't think about this right now but I'm sure Foez and I will brainstorm later on tonight

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo even took down their 4.2 SM's. This sucks.

XFlak is goign to have to get very crafty to get modmii to survive this.
I'm pretty sure softmodding is out of the picture for ModMii now, but ModMii can do a lot more than that.

I might have to set up an auto-replying email addy like the other stickied guide... I dunno. I'm on a conference call right now and busy with work, I can't think about this right now but I'm sure Foez and I will brainstorm later on tonight
I wish you good luck. C'mon, if IOS58 is unavailable, no USB 2.0 for Wii's on a version of SM

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak: An idea just came to me.

To build a cIOS, users can give the filename of a base IOS (if they have one) and ModMii can build the cIOS from there.

The idea came to me because IOS56 is used for d2x, and IOS56 is also unavailable at the moment.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with that would be. the ones who just got the wii would not how to do that,and would be confused as f$ck. an xflax would be here answering questions all day.
(1 800 turnmy wii to slut).. an it would flood the hell out of this thread. an as you said that's if they have a base to begin with. so modmii wouldn't be so simple as it is now would it.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, we've known that for hours now. I probably should have said something in this thread earlier but I'm actually still downloading everything to make sure that everything is back up the way it was.
Man, my crystal ball still works a treat. I told you it was just a temp issue. :D

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't seem to find out the which option i need to take for DML, can you point me in the right direction. thank you.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
from ModMii Classic's main menu, type "4", then "DML", then pick the rev you want to build, then "d", then "y". Then install the DML wad you just created on your Wii. Then you can access it via sneek+di, neogamma, wiiflow-mod, cfg-loader-mod, postloader, and probably usbloadergx. You should still read up on DML to make sure you save your GC games to SD:\games\ on a properly formatted sd card in the proper fst format (ie. each game is saved as a folder with all its contents extracted to seperate files). ModMii can do this for you (from main menu, enter "S", then "4"), but ModMii uses wit.exe and while wit.exe usually works fine, crediar's discex tool is recommended for best results.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow