Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Flinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the confusion. I went back through the steps and it is indeed Letterbomb that I am using. I'm using a PNY 2gb SD card if that matters.

Also, I want to say thanks a ton for this. I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong. I don't want to sound ungrateful.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.6 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.7.5

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.7.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
4.7.6 Changelog
  • Added ONEEK support. ONEEK is a mod of S\UNEEK by OverjoY and his team
    with many added features including support for wbfs games, multiple
    emulated nands and more. By default ModMii will build ONEEK but it
    continues to support the original S\UNEEK and can be activated in
    ModMii's Options. Note that Switch2Uneek is not an option when
    building ONEEK as the two apps are not compatible.
  • Updated Wii Backup Manager to v0.3.8 build 69 and also updated
    MyMenuifyMod to v1.4.
  • Fixed harmless bug where a System Menu was not downloaded under
    uncommon scenarios.
  • Slightly modified Ascii2hex.bat to support rare cases where the
    old version would cause ModMii to close unexpectedly.
    Thanks to geovalley for reporting and solving this problem.
  • No more stupid changelog jokes... the keyword being "stupid".

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally...no more having to manually compile Oneek. :)

*goes off to see if it works*

EDIT: erm...how does this work? I did "I agree" to enter, S for the sneek setup, went with option 1 (I already have a bunch of emu-nands), then UD, then set it to download to the default folders. After the download, the txt mentions "NEEK2O rev4", but the created files don't work like they worked on the last RC. :unsure:

EDIT 2: and the "NEEK2O" option in the options is enabled (by default).

EDIT 3: tried rebuilding it...noticed in the flashing text that comes by when building things, that...

Code:
Downloading dimodule.elf
Access is denied.

Doanloading fsmodule-usb.elf
Access is denied.

Downloading fsmodule-sd.elf

Downloading esmodule.elf
Access is denied.
Access is denied.

So 3 out of 4 of those needed files didn't download. I guess it just went ahead and created a regular uneek+DI then.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BTW xflak, i guess this news reached you to late,but ONEEK is now officially called NEEK2O..(neek2oooooh)..
I hope you can do a simple correction in ModMii
NVM, i see in the options menu (thanx Wever) it is already adjusted..

EDIT: About wevers EDIT3 - i don't get the access denied message, checked twice..

Also, i updated Modmii from within the program, and i still seem to be missing the option to build NEEK2O nands..
Or maybe i am looking in the wrong place, it's not on the main page and not in the SNEEK menu..​
Again, did not know you had to activate it in the options..

Greetz..

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(small note: EtheBoss and me are on IRC...he doesn't have the issue I'm having)

I just noticed I have the correct files in \Modmii\temp (named "NEEK2O-dimodule.elf" and so on). Hashes seem to confirm they're the ones needed. No idea why modmii isn't co-operating in transforming those elf files into nice little bin-nies. :unsure:

Flinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confirm you have boot.elf on the root of the SD card. If it's there, u can try reformatting the sd card, but if it still doesn't work it it's probably an sd card compatibility problem, so u may need to buy or borrow different one.
Where am I supposed to get the boot.elf file from? When I go to letterbomb it sends me a zip file with only a "Private" folder. I place the private folder on the SD card.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Gonna use this tonight to update my Wii that I haven't touched in about a year :)

Anything I might need to know before continuing?
Nope nothing . You just open it , tell it what you need to update & follow its instructions also having a NAND backup somewhere safe before updating can't hurt .

confirm you have boot.elf on the root of the SD card. If it's there, u can try reformatting the sd card, but if it still doesn't work it it's probably an sd card compatibility problem, so u may need to buy or borrow different one.
Where am I supposed to get the boot.elf file from? When I go to letterbomb it sends me a zip file with only a "Private" folder. I place the private folder on the SD card.
Here

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

EDIT: erm...how does this work? I did "I agree" to enter, S for the sneek setup, went with option 1 (I already have a bunch of emu-nands), then UD, then set it to download to the default folders. After the download, the txt mentions "NEEK2O rev4", but the created files don't work like they worked on the last RC. :unsure:

EDIT 3: tried rebuilding it...noticed in the flashing text that comes by when building things, that...

Code:
Downloading dimodule.elf
Access is denied.

Access is denied.

Downloading esmodule.elf
Access is denied.
Access is denied.

So 3 out of 4 of those needed files didn't download. I guess it just went ahead and created a regular uneek+DI then.

Code:
Downloading dimodule.elf
Access is denied.

Access is denied.

Downloading esmodule.elf
Access is denied.
Access is denied.

Access denied? That's weird. Where do u have ModMii saved? Try running it as an admin and see if that makes a difference. If you want to see more of whats going on, do a ctrl+f in modmii.bat for "Downloading dimodule.elf" and delete all the ">nul" in all those sections. You can also add a pause in there somewhere if it helps read what going on.

It's working fine for me. Did u have this problem with ModMii v4.7.5 (or ModMii v4.7.6 with the neek2o option disabled)?

edit: is it possible the files were being used by something else when ModMii tried to access them? Try a restart.

edit 2: I should note that I've tested it personally on 2 PCs without any problems (windows 7 64-bit and windows xp)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have to say even though I mod Wii's with a custom System Menu now your app is still essential and I only recently found out you added the ability to check a .csv for out of date IOS; this right here should have been in from the start, it is quite amazing! Thank you.

When updating I have to go back and change my setting manually again. NM I never saved setting LoL I changed them but then updated w/o pressing "S" LoL

EDIT: I edit my post too much LoL; are there any plans to implement PostLoader3 into the creation of ONEEK/NEEK2O (what's the official name anyways or will it be both). PL3 supports games converted to FST and I'm assuming WBFS now cause of ONEEK and it's a great way of loading apps in NEEK anyways; maybe even better then having the HBC honestly. Well I'm just curious on this anyways I know your not trying to add a lot but it seems like it would be very convenient if we were able to install priiloader and then install neekbooter.dol (with autoboot) all from w/in modmii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea, I'm considering adding postloader to ModMii. But there are a few more basic things I plan on doing first before adding more bells and whistles to modmii. Also, I've been told of some new features that will be eventually added to neek2o (that's the right name btw) that may make installing files to priiloader redundant. I've already said too much :D

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some questions:
  1. I've been running Uneek+di. How do I convert it to neek2o? I mean how does it have direct wbfs format game access without start from scratch? I've tried replacing a couple files without success. Kindly please advise.
  2. Used ModMii to crease neek2o (s and then ud, I assume it will create it, right?) from scratch, but it only has essential files there, i.e. no boot.elf is under root. What happened? Did I miss anything?
  3. I renamed the original ModMii directory and run ModMii installer to start. Copied the original temp directory back under the new ModMii directory. It should be OK, right?
Thank you all, you the guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1