• Yes!

Votes: 828 81.9%
  • No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
So what can I do now that apparently the latest Joyflow and/or SNEEK don't work right? All I get is a black screen when I boot the Wii from emu-NAND, and I can't tell which one is the culprit because I had set JoyFlow to automatically load, and I can't get it to boot to the System Menu, either. Forgot how.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
So what can I do now that apparently the latest Joyflow and/or SNEEK don't work right? All I get is a black screen when I boot the Wii from emu-NAND, and I can't tell which one is the culprit because I had set JoyFlow to automatically load, and I can't get it to boot to the System Menu, either. Forgot how.
if it's JF: you can disable the JF autoload by going in to emu-NAND's priiloader and changing it to boot to 'system menu' rather than 'installed file' (but you gotta be quick before it freezes up)...

Where did you get your NAND: is it a dump or did ModMii build it for you? if Modmii built it, have you had it fully booted before?...when Modmii builds NANDs, it requires a boot to expand it which can take 4-5 minutes (but i don't think it's a black screen when that happens).

if you're sure it's SNEEK, you can get a few prior compiled versions on SNEEK's GoogleCode site...or you can get any version from GoogleCode if you compile it yourself.

Cheers, hope this helped

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
UndeadSquirrel said:
if it's JF: you can disable the JF autoload by going in to emu-NAND's priiloader and changing it to boot to 'system menu' rather than 'installed file' (but you gotta be quick before it freezes up)...

Where did you get your NAND: is it a dump or did ModMii build it for you? if Modmii built it, have you had it fully booted before?...when Modmii builds NANDs, it requires a boot to expand it which can take 4-5 minutes (but i don't think it's a black screen when that happens).

if you're sure it's SNEEK, you can get a few prior compiled versions on SNEEK's GoogleCode site...or you can get any version from GoogleCode if you compile it yourself.

Cheers, hope this helped
I don't have Priiloader installed, I don't think. Couldn't get it to load, anyway. My NAND was a clean one built by ModMii, and I transferred all my data from my actual NAND to it. It's booted fine before, but I was prompted to update everything when I started having issues getting games to load from JoyFlow.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Fantomex said:
Quick Question --

This is my first time soft modding. ModMii seems pretty simple, so I think I can do it. Just one question, are my games that I bought from the Wii Shop Channel still going to be on my Wii after I do this? I just noticed that ModMii asked if I wanted to download things like Photo Channel, Weather Channel, News Channel, etc., so that made me wonder if all the apps that already exist on my Wii are going to be removed by soft modding.
u won't lose a thing
biggrin.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Modmii builds the SNEEK/JoyFlow setup, it installs priiloader right to the NAND for you (at least that's how it did it when XFlak first added the feature)...

are you certain the folder structure is correct?

you could have modmii do it all over again, then compare what it builds to what's on your card....could even back up your card and give the new setup a shot. if, after that, it still is acting flaky, i suggest getting a prior version of SNEEK from GoogleCode...

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering, I have a modded wii that I wanted to update. I used your wizard and installed all the files that were for a virgin 4.3U. It seems to be working great. My question is I can no longer play backup disc and I could before updating. If I reinstall darkcorps will it affect any files that were update with your package?
Thanks for all your hard work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
martinezgene said:
just wondering, I have a modded wii that I wanted to update. I used your wizard and installed all the files that were for a virgin 4.3U. It seems to be working great. My question is I can no longer play backup disc and I could before updating. If I reinstall darkcorps will it affect any files that were update with your package?
Yeah, you were stupid to update. Everything past 4.1 is fail. It has no extra features, no bugfixes, it just deletes homebrew.

You can re-install DarkCorp, but it would be smarter if you just used a USB loader (or had left your Wii alone to begin with).

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
When Modmii builds the SNEEK/JoyFlow setup, it installs priiloader right to the NAND for you (at least that's how it did it when XFlak first added the feature)...

are you certain the folder structure is correct?

you could have modmii do it all over again, then compare what it builds to what's on your card....could even back up your card and give the new setup a shot. if, after that, it still is acting flaky, i suggest getting a prior version of SNEEK from GoogleCode...
It's optional, but I don't know if I installed it or not. Probably did, considering I set up JoyFlow to load automatically.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
martinezgene said:
Yeah, you were stupid to update. Everything past 4.1 is fail. It has no extra features, no bugfixes, it just deletes homebrew.

You can re-install DarkCorp, but it would be smarter if you just used a USB loader (or had left your Wii alone to begin with).

Thanks for the advise. I was already on 4.3U I just updated all my ios's. I wasn't able to play the smurf game before. I like the option of playing thru disc channel or usb.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
Priiloader isn't working. Won't boot to it at all. I guess I'll try older versions of SNEEK and/or JoyFlow. Couldn't be JF, though, considering it's almost never updated.
I haven't been able to get Priiloader working in UNEEK for awhile. I can load it, but the hacks, even when enabled and saved, don't apply when booting up.

Barbanera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
ModMii v4.6.1 reuploaded (in all languages). The new version will not have false-positive virus reports
biggrin.gif

Just tried installing ModMii on my windows 7 64-bit desktop and it fails
with internet/firewall error message.

I paused Kasperky Pure but still no go (Windows Firewall off).

The shell screen with connection attempt disappears too fast to read any details.

Any idea what's wrong?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
UndeadSquirrel said:
Priiloader isn't working. Won't boot to it at all. I guess I'll try older versions of SNEEK and/or JoyFlow. Couldn't be JF, though, considering it's almost never updated.
I haven't been able to get Priiloader working in UNEEK for awhile. I can load it, but the hacks, even when enabled and saved, don't apply when booting up.

really i use my uneek set up all the time and my Priiloader and joyflow are working fine
i am using uneek+di r168

my priiloader is .04 that i modded to be able to load the new HBC stub and titleid

joyflow beta 3

WTDShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked
biggrin.gif
. I ran the modmii cleaner, and it said "no unnecessary files." But now that I'm done, can't I delete boot.elf, bootmini.elf, Download Log,mmmconfig, and the mmm file in the apps folder? BTW, I voted that it worked
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1