Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MaxNuker said:
XFlak... If I'm installing BootMii @Boot2 is it fast to install? can it brick? even if power failure occurs in the middle of the installation?
Well my english sucks, I know.
But I think you already received answers to your questions

davebaol said:
MaxNuker said:
So... let me see this clear... i have my wii on 4.2E... i think it can support bootmii @boot2... when im installing the bootmii @boot2 and making a backup, is there any risk of bricking it?
You can't brick while making a nand backup because it's a read-only access.
During boot2 installation it's theoretically possible but I've never heard anybody.
BootMii installation is very robust.

QUOTE(davebaol @ Jul 8 2011, 10:57 PM)
Man, we have already replied.
BootMii install is about 5 seconds.
Stop being paranoid and mod your wii.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, so this is my Last Question:

With BootMii can I recover from any brick that can be caused during the installation of every mod i need to play backups on a wii?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MaxNuker said:
Ok, so this is my Last Question:

With BootMii can I recover from any brick that can be caused during the installation of every mod i need to play backups on a wii?
If you have bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup then yes, you can.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
So... my only chance of full bricking my wii is during installation of bootmii?

Im sorry for the newb questions, but i'm only 14 years old, not like i can pay 140€ for a new wii...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
After u install bootmii @ boot2, u can recover from anything, even without a nand backup (but recovery with a nand backup can be much easier). Note that an official ninty update will overwrite bootmii @ boot2 unless it's installed as v4, however, u will be able to reinstall bootmii @ boot2 after the update (assuming the Wii was able to install it in the first place). U can block ninty updates (ModMii tells u how) so this shouldn't be an issue anyways. Also, installing bootmii @ boot2 is incredibly safe, and takes less than 5 seconds.

For Wii's that cannot install bootmii @ boot2, but only as IOS, the other risky parts are losing power during installing a new system menu wad or system menu IOS wad. These install pretty quickly though. Another risky part is the priiloader installation, but that takes 5 seconds also. Once u have priiloader and a nand backup, the only things that can temporarily brick you are overwriting\unintalling you system menu or system menu IOS, which would only happen if u screw around without guidance... and it's pretty obvious that's something u aren't going to do. But if u manage to brick, as long as u have a nand backup, the Wii can be repaired using an infectus Modchip\nand-flasher (easier to just pay DeadlyFoez $40 to do it for you if that happens though).

@Joostin, part of me agrees with you, but in the end I think we should let bygones be bygones

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u bought it before fall of 2009 (and it was never sent back to ninty for repairs) it is very likely to be able to install bootmii @ boot2. There is no sure way to know until u run the hackmii installer and it tells u if it can install it as boot2.

Seriously, as long u follow the ModMii guide and don't go (un)installing anything blindly the chances of u bricking are next to nothing, even if u can't install bootmii@ boot2.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
When the ModMii wizard asks you if you would like to setup a usb-loader, say yes.

Run ModMii on your PC, launch the ModMii Wizard, answer the questions, let it download files and generate u a guide, read the guide, then ask questions if u still have any. Note, u can do all of that without modifying your wii in any form. Then, when you're comfortable, follow the guide and mod your Wii.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
If u bought it before fall of 2009 (and it was never sent back to ninty for repairs) it is very likely to be able to install bootmii @ boot2. There is no sure way to know until u run the hackmii installer and it tells u if it can install it as boot2.

I got my first Wii in July '09, and it wasn't compatible.
frown.gif
I've since found 4 off ebay, so yay me. Oh, and for a fairly sure way to know if it is compatible or not, this post helped me find compatible ones based off serial numbers. Just FYI.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I think it was fall of 2008, but my memory is kinda fading since I haven't toked or had a drink in a while.

DrRansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say, after having modded my wii years back by slogging through all the mixmatched solutions... this was so cool. Most awesome, so easy. Thanks a bunch XFLAX!

Shukin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd love to vote if it worked or not, but I can't even install it! For some reason, the installer closes itself before I can do anything with it. Don't know if it's just on my computer, but I'm talking about it here.

I'm using a Windows 7 Ultimate x86. Compatibility modes doesn't make difference, too. Gonna try in another computer, see if the problem is the one I usually use.

Shukin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is definitely in my computer. For some reason even the program doesn't work. Gonna update it. While it does, I've tested it in another computer and it worked fine. I'll post again for the results later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok