Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBAtemp! (Hope this is in the right forum...) I really have no experience with SLOT2, and not even a ton with SLOT1. I need a flashcard though, will get for Christmas.

I have one thing that is required, and then a few that are preferable, but not completely necessary.

REQUIRED
Must come from the website realhotstuff.com
Must work with iTouchDS
Must play GBA roms.
oh yeah - i guess it needs it to be an expansion pack (rumble not required, but the browser ram i need)

PREFERABLE
Would like an RTC, if possible (however, that seems unlikely based on what ive read...)
Would prefer it to be DSL sized.

For now, thats all I can really think of lol. Really only need the RTC for pokemon.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-plus-p-194.html - How is that for a SLOT2? Im trying to not spend a ton, but I dont want something that really sucks, either.

So, based off of what is sold off of the RHS website, can you guys, if it's not too much trouble... give me your top two choices (link back to it would be nice XD) of both NDSL and GBA size carts? I hope I'm not asking too much

Thanks!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Any idea why the old version is better? Also, what does the Nor do, anyways?

edit - searched and found the wiki on it. So the Nor memory holds games it sounds like? So if I wanted to, say I could put one of the GBA pokemon games on that and then run my D/P/PL rom, use Pal Park, and it would recognize the 3in1 as the GBA pokemon game?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the M3 GBA Expansion Pack has RTC but I don't think it works on iTouch. It may work but I have no way of testing it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Read the second link in my sig. This is already been covered and your not special enough.

Its the same as every other pokemon wielding noob. EXACTLY THE SAME.

you will need the M3 X patch:
http://filetrip.net/f4135-GBA-Exploader-0-58X-M3-Patch.html

the gba exploader .58b:
http://filetrip.net/f5308-GBA-ExpLoader-MSHL2-0-1.html
preferablely the .58b and not the 0.58b0 one.

The M3 GEP has 2 extra shells, one of which is a GBA sized (thats the phat one if your still clueless) and the other one is transparent black in a lite shell.

Why this setup? your going to eventually upgrade your slot1, when you do, all you have to do is copy all your gba stuff over to the new flashcart. If it is a non M3 slot1 just use an unmodified version of the exploader and your all set.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that - never said I was special, now did I? The second link in your sig, which I'm assuming you mean "GBA expansion pack answers", (which was the first helpful post about these, thank you), I have been reading since I posted this topic. Nowhere in there though do I see the answer to my main question - Is the old one or the plus better, and why?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
You do understand that the Gameboy Advance only supports games 256 MBits or smaller, right? Meaning that any game over 32 Megabytes will not work on the Gameboy Advance (Hence why there were never any GBA games over 256 Mbits) so the EZ 3 in 1 is perfect as it is. The only thing the 512 MBit version would be good for is storing 2 roms at once and selectively playing one or the other which currently, only the EZ Flash V can do I believe.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes I did answer that.

It is the same question as what is the better hand to write with. There is no better answer.

The older one is better if you want hassle free rumble and opera support. Otherwise it is the same crap with the 3in1+. The opera browser is going to use the exact same amount of ram in the expansion regaudless if it is the 3in1, 3in1+ or the M3 GEP. The amount of ram used is hard coded into the rom.

You can only use the multi-rom mode with a EZ-Flash V slot1 flashcart. Everyone else that uses a loader of somekind is limited to 1 rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare