Hacking Best Slot-2 GBA Solution

zygie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading a lot about the EZ 3in1 and I must admit it's pretty good, but soon I'd be moving to a place that's quite impractical for someone who looks for gaming stuff.
My main concern about it is the internal battery in which if it dies, you'd have to get a new one or put one in yourself, and I'm not up to that.

So aside from the 3in1, or getting a SCDSTWO for a slot-1 solution, what's the next best thing to the EZ 3in1 in terms of GBA game support for the slot-2? One that doesn't have an internal battery, preferably, and of course, priority is GBA support, I don't really mind about RAM/Rumble/whatnot.

So far my first choice (from what's available from the nearest shop here) is the Supercard Lite, which uses microSD cards as the storage medium, but I'm not sure how that works, if it would need a slot-1 passme/key(which?) device. I only have an original R4 running on Wood/YSMenu as a slot-1 cart. Why I have my eye on this is because it doesn't have that internal battery that'll run out eventually, so I won't lose any saves inadvertently, not to mention a separate microSD for the GBA games (I'm sort of an organization-freak.)

Anyone have/had a Supercard Lite and has his/her opinion about it? How does it work (slot-1 required? can run on it's own?)

Anyone else use a different slot-2 device that has great GBA support? I value compatibility over gimmicks (RTS, able to play audio/video, etc.) so if anyone knows anything great, I'd appreciate it.
smile.gif

Thanks for reading through.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EZ-Flash IV. It sticks a little out the Slot-2 on an DSlite and needs a miniSD (or micro with an adapter), but it's compatibility is better than Supercard's. Plus it have 32MB NOR memory so you can play larger games like Kingdom Hearts: CoM or Mother 3. And unlike Supercard's it doesn't have slowdowns.

It runs on it's own, you can't use a Slot-1 loader.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not that this helps with choosing the cart, but it is possible to get a few extra batteries for the 3in1. The changing doesn't need to be done that often, for example my 3in1 works great after 3 years of using it with the DSL. If you don't want a 3in1, I'd also give a +1 for the EzFlash IV. Basically the 3in1 is a IV without the memory card. Compatibility is apparently great and the miniSD can hold up to 2 GB easily (don't know how many games you actually want, I don't personally have that big a collection of GBA games). If you need more space, just hit another miniSD in and you're good to go.

-Qtis

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got an M3 lite Perfect, which works just fine for anything I've ever needed done. I use it in conjunction with my R4DS, but I also flashed my DS so I could use the flashcart in NDS mode without having my slot-1 card in
smile.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jwcgator said:
I got an M3 lite Perfect, which works just fine for anything I've ever needed done. I use it in conjunction with my R4DS, but I also flashed my DS so I could use the flashcart in NDS mode without having my slot-1 card in
smile.gif

Heh, I have the M3 fat perfect. It sticks out really far
tongue.gif

Works well though. Also has the extra RAM for quake2ds, tfquake, speedup in neods and better rom loading in snemul.

Cuelhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
impizkit said:
Now the question is where to get an EzFlash IV non gba size for a DSLite?
does it exist?
unsure.gif

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...Flash_IV_models
If you have a DSlite, you'll be better off with an EZFlash IV Lite. If you find one.

And the M3 is not an option. You can't find it (original and not a hoax) easily. At least the EZ IV miniSD you can buy new.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuelhu said:
EZ-Flash IV. It sticks a little out the Slot-2 on an DSlite and needs a miniSD (or micro with an adapter), but it's compatibility is better than Supercard's. Plus it have 32MB NOR memory so you can play larger games like Kingdom Hearts: CoM or Mother 3. And unlike Supercard's it doesn't have slowdowns.

Objection, my r4+ EZ-Flash IV work perfectly with eachother and GbaExploader

Cuelhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
JakePsycho said:
Cuelhu said:

Objection, my r4+ EZ-Flash IV work perfectly with eachother and GbaExploader
I heard that there were some people reporting bricks after doing this. I have never tried since I have a DSi and a GBASP, not a DS/lite.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
EZ-Flash IV. And DON'T use GbaExploader, it was only meant for RAM expansions like the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. But yeah, I have a EZ4 and it does everything I want it to and then some. You'll need to use the EZ client to transfer your Roms though.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
EZ-Flash IV. And DON'T use GbaExploader, it was only meant for RAM expansions like the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. But yeah, I have a EZ4 and it does everything I want it to and then some. You'll need to use the EZ client to transfer your Roms though.

I don't see why you would say not to use GBAExploader, i barely had any problems with it, and my EZ-Flash IV Didn't even need an SD card in it
happy.gif

zygie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the input. I've found a brand new EZ Flash IV MiniSD, as expected looking for a IV Lite is proving hard, except for that kinda expensive listing FAST6191 found. But then the local place I'm looking at only has the SCLite at around $5 more ($50 as opposed to the GBA-sized EZ Flash IV at $45) and no stocks on M3 Lite/others.

Unfortunately I'm not able to go to the trading section, even if I visit everyday I don't post as much. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining