Hacking Best setup for unpatched firmware 4.1.0?

troy9191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased an unpatched 4.1.0 switch that has never been connected to the internet. I have experience hacking the PS3 and the Wii, but it has been a few years. I want to know what I need to do to have a setup where I can backup and play games from the SD card . I do not really need anything else at this time. Is using the Switch with online an option with the hack? I don't want to risk getting banned, so it would be nice to have online as an option, but not if it could pose an issue. I have a 400gb SanDisk SD card, that I have formatted FAT32 with second partition with 32.5GB for the emuMMC partition. I do want to be able to have my SD card setup as exFAT if possible. I have looked through the forum, getting different opinions but it has made me more confused. I don't want to mess up my clean Switch, so I don't want to update until I have a clear understanding of my options. I have not done anything to my Switch yet, only to the SD card.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, you have a lot to read and understand.

Imma try to be as short as possible.

If you don't want to be banned, you have only two options:

1) Never go online (or more specifically without connecting to nin servers with the help of incognito or 90dns). You can use ftp and other wifi stuff, but you have to be sure that you're using something that blocks you from nintendo servers. In that case you don't even need emuNAND... Just "offline" CFW.

2) So, if you want official online and hackery stuff at the same time, you have to setup emuNAND and use it only for all your dirty stuff, but again without connecting to nintendo servers or without wifi at all, its up to you. And as for OFW NAND you must firstly make a backup in hekate and save it somewhere safe. Then you will need to just update your OFW to the latest ver so that you can use online. You can update officially if you don't care about downgrading in the future for some reason or you can use Choidujournx and update manually without burning fuses so that you can downgrade if you want in the future. If you chose the latter update method, you'll always have to use autoRCM (or enter rcm manually), cause if you launch Horizon without rcm, it will burn your fuses right away.

And yeah, don't ues exfat on switch. Stick to fat32.

Last edited by bad361,

troy9191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my switch. I am using atmosphere with Hekate payload. I created 2 partitions with Emummc on its own partition. What do I need any order to install games onto my Switch? What are my options? Remember I am using 4.1.0 firmware and I am unpatched. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2