Homebrew Best option to transfer content of a modded 3ds to another?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Had a quick look around but there are no recent threads. Can GM9 do anything to effectively clone a CFW installation on one n3DS to another if they're both running the same CFW?

Just picked up a new one and want to keep my old config/save/installation etc so whats options, folks?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Had a quick look around but there are no recent threads. Can GM9 do anything to effectively clone a CFW installation on one n3DS to another if they're both running the same CFW?

Just picked up a new one and want to keep my old config/save/installation etc so whats options, folks?
There's not an easy/quick way to achieve this (something like a title/content/config direct transfer), just the normal way, I suppose: dumping your installed content/games one by one (on .cia format) and his related save data, and reinstalling the cias and reinjecting the save data on the other console.

Or the other way could be performing an oficial System Transfer between both consoles, but first making either a NAND & SD backup of your main/origin console and later (after transfer) restoring them. But System Transfer involves NNID account transfer too, then your origin console will lose its NNID (it will be unasocciated to that console and associated to the new one).

If I'm wrong (or there is an easy way that IDK), please correct me (and excuse me in advance)

Last edited by fmkid,

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
There's not an easy/quick way to achieve this (something like a title/content/config direct transfer), just the normal way, I suppose: dumping your installed content/games one by one (on .cia format) and his related save data, and reinstalling the cias and reinjecting the save data on the other console.

Or the other way could be performing an oficial System Transfer between both consoles, but first making either a NAND & SD backup of your main/origin console and later (after transfer) restoring them. But System Transfer involves NNID account transfer too, then your origin console will lose its NNID (it will be unasocciated to that console and associated to the new one).

If I'm wrong (or there is an easy way that IDK), please correct me (and excuse me in advance)

Yes I was looking for something like direct transfer from one 3DS to another as I thought that GM9 might've made that leap with all of its levels of access. Thanks for clarifying.

I don't have an Nintendo account on the machine, never signed up.

Interesting approach, thanks.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-