Homebrew Best mp3 player for Acekard 2i on DSi

brak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a DSi in hopes of having a backup mp3 player with speakers, but then discovered the 300-song (and aac) limitation. Then homebrew came to my rescue! But I can't find anything that gives me the control that I want. I want to be able to use playlists and basically have the same features as a standalone mp3 player. The default player in the Acekard software doesn't give me what I want. What homebrew software is best for the hardware that I have? I have a DSi and an Acekard 2i.

Thanks for any suggestions.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur on a DSi, it'll make more sense/better to just use the in built player of the DSi...you have to convert to aac, but its good :3

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell is good but i think acekard 2i has built in LMP-ng program that allows you to play mp3 directly from the acekard interface (talking about AKAIO 1.4.1 proper)..
just hit the song you like on your acekard and you'll get to the LMP-ng player..
smile.gif

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just put music on the DSi SanDick 1-4 Gigabyte SDHC and put it in your SD Card Slot.....It works great with my DSi since i have the 4 Gig stick
wink.gif

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hoist20032002 said:
Or you could just put music on the DSi SanDick 1-4 Gigabyte SDHC and put it in your SD Card Slot.....It works great with my DSi since i have the 4 Gig stick
wink.gif

Yes but you have to convert the mp3 first to aac format and you could play with the songs
biggrin.gif
its a lot of fun..
To convert mp3 files to aac simply get itunes software then right click the song you want and you'll see something like "convert to aac" and there you go!
biggrin.gif

Stitch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kennypu said:
if ur on a DSi, it'll make more sense/better to just use the in built player of the DSi...you have to convert to aac, but its good :3
but it doesn't work in sleep mode (lid closed) so it sucks

brak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) DSi player is out. It sucks because it plays only aac-formatted songs, which my jukebox of choice (MediaCenter) doesn't do, because it is limited to 300 songs, because it doesn't do playlists, and because it goes to sleep when the lid is closed. I have no love for the DSi or any of its built-in features, but it's what I have, so I use it.

2) Do either Moonshell or lmp-ng support playlists? I have tried them both before and did not see this as a feature in either. And what exactly is Moonshell supposed to do? I can't seem to get it to work at all, any more, and the sticky on the topic appears to be nothing more than a "me too" regarding skins. I put AKAIO on the card instead of the default software, but that didn't help. Any suggestions on how to get Moonshell to work or where to find actual information?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMP-ng supports playlists in the .m3u file format, possibly .pls too. I'm not entirely sure how to make them however.

Moonshell is an all-in-one media player for the DS, and it can playback mp3 files, video files, read text files, view images, plus support for other formats (NSF, GBS, MIDI, etc). I don't know if Moonshell 2.0 supports playlists or not though.

LordVanitas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok somethings up with my moonshell than because whn i clicked the icon it loads and everything but as soon as i get to the screen it has to pop ups?
and idk if its still loading or wat but i cant click anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up