Hacking Best microSDHC card for use with CycloDS?

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just ordered a CycloDS. I already have two microSD cards (both Adata, 1GB and 512MB) from previously owning a Supercard Lite. These carts would likely do me fine, but I'm thinking I would like a 4GB card as I am going to be running a lot of homebrew applications as well as games.

Just wondering what the best microSDHC card is for use with the CycloDS? I've heard a lot of people talking about Adata and Japanese Kingston cards. Just looking for some feedback.

Also, where are the best places to purchase these cards? I live in Toronto, Ontario, so I wouldn't mind finding a place that sells them locally.

Any feedback is appreciated!

AcIdPort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you are in Canada seize the opportunity and get a Kingston microSDHC 4GB Japan from Kickgaming now they have in stock, IMO is one of the best. It's costs a little more than other sites but you know in advance that is Japanese. This is the LINK

Greets!
smile.gif

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a little out of my price range. Is Kingston (Japan) pretty much top of the line? I guess if I'm gonna get a high capacity sd card, it might as well be a good one.

dynamiteout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get them from Canada's Computers (almost everywhere in Toronto). They have a huge selection of microSD or microSDHC at great price. Its a lot cheaper than Futureshop or Bestbuy.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dynamiteout said:
Get them from Canada's Computers (almost everywhere in Toronto). They have a huge selection of microSD or microSDHC at great price. Its a lot cheaper than Futureshop or Bestbuy.

Thats true, but theres also tech direct or tiger direct or factory direct in toronto.

elee31

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say go with Canada Computers.....I went to the local store just around my house and got my 4GB Trancend C6 for $23.99, you can also get a 4GB Kingston C4 on for the same price...i think they also had A-Data as well, didn't care much for that....

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always order from gamersection.ca. Their prices are a bit hig, but their service is excellent, plus I get my packages in two days from them.

begedinnikola

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I tought about buying a kingston, bud i ended up buying a Sandisk 4GB, and it works fine. I haven't noticed any problems with any games includin Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin. Usually, people don't recommend a Sandisk, but i think it's pretty hard to go wrong with any card with 4 or more GB, as they are usually faster than lower capacity ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.