Best microSDHC card for use with CycloDS?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by DMPugh, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DMPugh
    OP

DMPugh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2008
    Canada
    Just ordered a CycloDS. I already have two microSD cards (both Adata, 1GB and 512MB) from previously owning a Supercard Lite. These carts would likely do me fine, but I'm thinking I would like a 4GB card as I am going to be running a lot of homebrew applications as well as games.

Just wondering what the best microSDHC card is for use with the CycloDS? I've heard a lot of people talking about Adata and Japanese Kingston cards. Just looking for some feedback.

Also, where are the best places to purchase these cards? I live in Toronto, Ontario, so I wouldn't mind finding a place that sells them locally.

Any feedback is appreciated!

2. AcIdPort

AcIdPort Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2008
    Colombia
    If you are in Canada seize the opportunity and get a Kingston microSDHC 4GB Japan from Kickgaming now they have in stock, IMO is one of the best. It's costs a little more than other sites but you know in advance that is Japanese. This is the LINK

Greets! [​IMG]

3. DMPugh
    OP

DMPugh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2008
    Canada
    That is a little out of my price range. Is Kingston (Japan) pretty much top of the line? I guess if I'm gonna get a high capacity sd card, it might as well be a good one.

4. TossGirl

TossGirl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Cali
    I recently ordered a ADATA Class 6 from meritline for a pretty good price. =]

5. dynamiteout

dynamiteout Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    Get them from Canada's Computers (almost everywhere in Toronto). They have a huge selection of microSD or microSDHC at great price. Its a lot cheaper than Futureshop or Bestbuy.

6. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    ``orz
    Thats true, but theres also tech direct or tiger direct or factory direct in toronto.

7. DMPugh
    OP

DMPugh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2008
    Canada
  8. LuOmeoga

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    If you're looking for mega mega cheaply price SDHC go to amazon I got two 4gigs for 30 bucks.

9. coral

coral Banned

Banned
    Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    I bought at Depot888. It's cheap and great service. You could go there. Here's the link: Depot888

Cheers!

10. elee31

elee31 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2008
    Canada
    I'd say go with Canada Computers.....I went to the local store just around my house and got my 4GB Trancend C6 for $23.99, you can also get a 4GB Kingston C4 on for the same price...i think they also had A-Data as well, didn't care much for that....

11. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I always order from gamersection.ca. Their prices are a bit hig, but their service is excellent, plus I get my packages in two days from them.

12. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    I'm using Adata 4gig Class 6, no slowdown on Castlevania AOS or freezing in POR.

13. begedinnikola

begedinnikola Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2007
    Croatia
    I tought about buying a kingston, bud i ended up buying a Sandisk 4GB, and it works fine. I haven't noticed any problems with any games includin Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin. Usually, people don't recommend a Sandisk, but i think it's pretty hard to go wrong with any card with 4 or more GB, as they are usually faster than lower capacity ones.

14. onegi

onegi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2008
    Australia
    Well, i will have to strongly look into that card now i think.