Hacking best media for wii backups

Redsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On several on my games, they come up with read errors. I just wonder if this is the media? I believe i am using datawrite titanium dvd-r.

They worked fine on my ps2..

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I read somewhere that you can best use 16x DVD's.
If you want to have 'play-for-sure' DVD's, Verbatim's are prolly your best choice.

I personally have always used Arita 8x with my Xbox, never a coaster.
Only downside is that they get scratched real easy.

Q~

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not the first time I've heard of that disc before, but I've never seen them in a store. Unless I haven't noticed...can you just walk into a store like Wal-Mart and get them?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On several on my games, they come up with read errors. I just wonder if this is the media? I believe i am using datawrite titanium dvd-r.

They worked fine on my ps2..

I've had problems with the titanium discs on both my ps2 (As it has an old mod chip) and my xbox. The xbox will play dvds and anything burned to the titanium discs apart from the games. I've not got my wii chipped yet but have found the datawrite optima blue will work on everything I've tried them on. The titanium discs are great for burning movies but little else for me.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah. This is a good thread for me. I was gonna be getting a DVD burner for my computer soon, and I wanted to see what everybody used.

While we're on the subject, is there any type of DVD burner that should be avoided for Wii/Gamecube/Xbox backups? For example, this one is pretty damn cheap on newegg, does that mean that it's shitty?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106043

Redsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks I might try some of the discs reccomended here.

Its just annoying, usually most stuff works but have had three or four games come up with read errors during gameplay. Havent been too bothered so far as mainly been flicking through games, but id be unhappy if i was playing a single player game and it happened before a save or something.

Kissell13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah. This is a good thread for me. I was gonna be getting a DVD burner for my computer soon, and I wanted to see what everybody used.

While we're on the subject, is there any type of DVD burner that should be avoided for Wii/Gamecube/Xbox backups? For example, this one is pretty damn cheap on newegg, does that mean that it's shitty?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106043

Buy that thing...you will not be dissappointed. I bought one after getting my wiikey and now 5 of my friends have bought the same burner from newegg. It is a great drive. Also I had a lite on drive previousely and it worked 3 years with no probs. It was just time to upgrade to something faster. Also the lightscribe labels look sweet ( the ones form the label pack floating around out there.)

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Verbatim DVD-R DL
DVD-Recordable Dual Layer and they go up to 8.5 gigs and I would like to know if ones that big work or do dual layered discs work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place