Hacking Best loader for GameCube and Wii Iso's?

deiradinn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded 4.2 black Wii and I've been using WBFS Manager and I tried to add some Gamecube iso's to play with Configurable USB Loader but they didn't load to my drive, and I don't think Config Boot Loader works with Gamecube games. My 1TB HDD is formatted to WBFS files. I want to play Gamecube games and Wii games off one drive. I guess I should back up my Wii iso's to my PC. What do I use to add Wii games and Gamecube games to load to play? What format should my 1TBHDD be, and what should I use to format it? If it's FAT32, I'll need a suitable program.

Just wanna say thanks to anyone that helps me out on this. Just need some guidance!

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No not because you have a black wii.
Loading gamecube iso's from any wii using a usbloader is impossible, at this time, its being worked on though.

you could always check out 'wode', which will enable you to play gamecube iso's....at a price!

-fishykipper

deiradinn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies, looks like I'm just going to have to stick without playing GC games on my Black Nintendo Wii. If I have happen to get another White Nintendo Wii, I'll play them from burned copies, with multiple games on one disc.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
burn multiple gamecube ISOS to one DVD!

complile the games using a multiple gamecube multi-ISO creator = what Luigi39000vr said.

turn it into a .ISO file

burn the .ISO file to a DVD *with the proper options*

then just use WiiGator "Backup" Launcher and read them from one DVD

on one DVD I have

1. Chibi-Robo
2. Megaman Network Transmission (sucks ass by the way...but hell...it was the FIRST game that experimented with Cell shading...so it improved 'windwaker'
smile.gif
)
3. Megaman X Collection
4. Megaman Collection
5. Wario World

it's really cool

but USB?...eh...not just yet.

so is the "Black Wii" unhackable for now?
ohnoes.png

Dimesyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have a somewhat newly modded 4.3U wii which I used the Indiana Jones exploit and ModMii (virgin option) to get softmodded. I am trying to play gamecube backups, the unit is 4 years old so it should be able to play burned discs.

I have downloaded Neogamma through Modmii but I don't know what to do with the folder of neogamma files now that its downloaded. I tried putting it in the root of the SD card and then again in the app folder. Where do I put the files and how do I need install it?

I was also told that CFG USB Loader could load a burned gamecube discs but I when I try it just says "not a wii disc!"

I am clearly a helpless noob, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you installed a cMIOS yet? If not, there's one on the Neogamma R9 page. Neogamma should have a folder called apps inside the archive. Copy what is inside that apps folder to the apps folder already on your SD card.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You have these possibilities to play GC ISOs with your black Wii:

1) Google USB-Boot (requires a USB Gecko though)

2) Google SD-Boot (requires a SD Gecko and an optional IDE2EXI-Adapter along with a IDE-HDD, more information at gc-forever.com)

3) Buy WODE

4) Buy Wiikey Fusion

Black Wiis cannot play GC backups off their internal drive at all.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian said:
If the white one is brand-new you won't be able to do it anyways.

It doesn't depend on the color, but the age. We just happen to know that certain colors are recent.

We just happen to know that all Wiis that are not white have the new drives. And the 1st white Wiis with the new drives were sold christmas '09.

QUOTE(Dimesyo @ Jan 11 2011, 12:11 AM) Hi. I have a somewhat newly modded 4.3U wii which I used the Indiana Jones exploit and ModMii (virgin option) to get softmodded. I am trying to play gamecube backups, the unit is 4 years old so it should be able to play burned discs.

I have downloaded Neogamma through Modmii but I don't know what to do with the folder of neogamma files now that its downloaded. I tried putting it in the root of the SD card and then again in the app folder. Where do I put the files and how do I need install it?

I was also told that CFG USB Loader could load a burned gamecube discs but I when I try it just says "not a wii disc!"

I am clearly a helpless noob, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Some of your questions are answered here:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
also some future questions you are going to have.

Dimesyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Have you installed a cMIOS yet? If not, there's one on the Neogamma R9 page. Neogamma should have a folder called apps inside the archive. Copy what is inside that apps folder to the apps folder already on your SD card.

I didn't install a cMios myself but I think Modmii installed one. In the WAD folder in my MMM, it lists "RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2.wad"

Does that mean I have a cmios installed?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
2. Megaman Network Transmission (sucks ass by the way...but hell...it was the FIRST game that experimented with Cell shading...so it improved 'windwaker'
smile.gif
)

Uh, no.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have neogamma installed R8 beta 7 as a channel and R9 beta 47 on homebrew and while I can use a dvd-r with a single gamecube iso to play flawlessly through either one, neither will play a multi game iso made with the multiisocreator v4.0.4F+. It loads to selection, which I have tried ntsc and auto and then sems to load the 'bootable' part of the Multi disk which reads:
GCOS MultiGame DVD9 Ver

Place a disc in the drive
Press A to start the process...

*PRESSES A*

DRIVE 20080714 OK!

MAIN MENU
Boot DVD
Credits

*SELECTS 'Boot DVD'*

*PROCESS STARTS OVER FROM ' Place a disk in the drive...' and repeats forever....*

Any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, you are using a DVD9? Never tried with one of those, might be broken in NeoGamma. Also, i never tried that version of the multi game disc creator, only the one linked in the NeoGamma beta thread.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I am using DVD5... I even tried switching the disc out and nothign happened. I am going to go try using 3.5 of isocreator and see what happens...

EDIT: Just noticed in some other posts that Tales of Symphonia are possibly problematic due to 2 disc nature, which of course is what I am putting on these discs along with FFCC... could this possibly be the issue? ( I actually attempted 2 different burns; one with FFCC first, and the other with ToS first)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1