Gaming Best Japanese Exclusive wii games

Daimakaimura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

i recently started to play on my WII again, since Zelda Skyward Sword offcourse ^^

Can U or someone help me out with the essential Jap wii games,

because i lost track of all the good games :-), you don't have to mention US of EU releases because i can look them up in the essential topics .

Btw, does anybody know if Okami wii Jap version has been translated to English text?
I heard the jap versio has better controls, i nearly finished the game when it came out on the Ps2 but i played thru the whole game without being able to understand the story :P (i played the Jap version)

Thanks in advance

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I think "Wii", "Great Game" and "Japanese Exclusive" I immediatelly scream out "Fatal Frame" and I send my thanks to the fantastic translating team who made the homebrew translation.

I also don't see why the japanese edition of Okami would have different controls then any other Okami release.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm lets see....
like foxi said Fatal Frame IV
Zangeki no Reginleiv
Ougon no Kizuna (it's like Shadow Of The Colossus)
Earth Seeker (not really good, but worth mention it)
Captain Rainbow

also there is another Fatal Frame coming to the Wii, I guess it's a remake and it will probably stay in japan just like IV

btw... Im really glad that I didnt have to put Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower on that list :D

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
btw... Im really glad that I didnt have to put Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower on that list :D

Amen to that.

Zangeki no Reginleiv is quite fun, but not understanding anything kinda kills (any) the game. But thats one game Id like translated at least.
Fatal Frame 4 wasnt my cup of tea, so for me theres no loss in it not being translated (officially).

Daimakaimura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the replies :)
I thaught it would be more games , oh well ...
Anyway no news about Okami being translated fromjap version to english?

cheers

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't even know what makes you think the Japanese version would have better controls in the first place. Have you even tried the (official) English version?

Oh, and here's a list of all the wii games (you can sort by Japanese and as such quickly see which ones aren't ported). There aren't that much never-ported games out there. And a lot of them aren't localized because they just suck.

Can't add any games, though. Although I like the alphabet and the culture a fair bit, games quickly lose my interest if even a simple menu is a guessing game. So maybe monster hunter G is a gem of a game on the wii, but I wouldn't know or even care for it.

Daimakaimura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't even know what makes you think the Japanese version would have better controls in the first place. Have you even tried the (official) English version?

Oh, and here's a list of all the wii games (you can sort by Japanese and as such quickly see which ones aren't ported). There aren't that much never-ported games out there. And a lot of them aren't localized because they just suck.

Can't add any games, though. Although I like the alphabet and the culture a fair bit, games quickly lose my interest if even a simple menu is a guessing game. So maybe monster hunter G is a gem of a game on the wii, but I wouldn't know or even care for it.

Yes, I played the english version of okami and it s*cks, The japanse version has a better control layout. As stated in the topic of the game.
And thank you for the list, i knew of it's excistence but i personally prefer the human interface. If only one guy/girl can give a name of a game that i don't know, then this topic is meaningfull for me :-)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You actually don't state it in the topic. Or in the first post. On the contrary: you just mention you played it on the PS2.

...or were you comparing the controls of a PS2 game with that of a wii game? With all that mentioning of a Japanese version, I thought you meant there was a difference between NTSC-J Okami (wii version) and PAL Okami (also wii version). :unsure:

Daimakaimura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You actually don't state it in the topic. Or in the first post. On the contrary: you just mention you played it on the PS2.

...or were you comparing the controls of a PS2 game with that of a wii game? With all that mentioning of a Japanese version, I thought you meant there was a difference between NTSC-J Okami (wii version) and PAL Okami (also wii version). :unsure:

Sorry for the misunderstanding without using native language, dutch :P
Anyway yes there's a difference between okami wii pal and okami wii jap ... mainly the controls . And i played the game on the ps2 in 2005 and want to start it again, but on the wii, but with better controls , hence my question about the translation of Ookami Wii jap version :nayps3:

and i meant this topic http://gbatemp.net/topic/185576-wii-1616-okami-japan/

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is Captain Rainbow playable to a non-Japanese speaker? I was always under the impression that it was impossible to understand.

My vote would go to Zangeki no Reginleiv but then I'm a big fan of EDF series and while this isn't as good it's still fun in it's own way once you get past the menus. Fatal Frame 4 is probably the greatest import game but it's not really my type of game I don't think.

Okami on Wii was near perfect, the controls took a bit of getting used to as the combat was "anti-waggle" and it puts a lot of people off as they don't have good timing in order to fight well. The ONLY part of Okami Wii that had bad controls is the nunchuk dash moves as it's pretty inaccurate but you hardly ever use it anyway. I'm just saying this so no-one is under the impression the Western release has broken controls because they are fine, it's just they are designed for people more experienced with motion control.

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://kirameki.altervista.org/eng/rainbow.php
You could wait for this if you're interested in Captain Rainbow, I have no idea if it's playable without knowing any Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...